Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• DL Nerd

Disneyland Resort Restaurant Reviews.

This is what I hope to be a place where people can talk about the places they have eaten at the Disneyland resort and perhaps tell Other Micechatters where to go, where not to go, what is a good price for food, and all other things about eating in Disneyland. People eat a lot of food at the DLR and knowing where to go can make a HUGE difference in your day.

Please review the Restaurants you have been to at the Disneyland Resort... Detailed or not. Duplicates are OK...

Rancho del Zocalo - This Mexican Restaurant serves food cafeteria style and they have 5 platters to choose from. I choose the Carne Asada & Red Chile Enchilada Platter. I was rewarded with cold enchilada's and mediocre beef. It was served with beans and rice. The rice I felt was quite bland.
    overall I felt pretty ripped off I'm giving this place a 3/10

Blue Bayou - This Restaurant sits near the exit of Pirates of the Caribbean. Reservations would be nice to make in advance. I went here for my anniversary. The setting is overlooking the swamp scene in the Pirates ride and is very cool. The theming is excellent. I ordered the
    Le Special de Monte Cristo (Turkey, ham and Swiss cheese in a battered egg bread, lightly fried to a golden brown.) the dish is served with potatoes and vegetables( in my case asparagus) Before the dish comes out I was given a choice between Gumbo or a salad. I ordered the Gumbo and it was delicious. You also enjoy fresh rolls while you wait for your meal to arrive.

When I got my food I was amazed at the quantity of the food and I'm also happy to report that the quality for my dish was superb. It is a fair bit expensive to be on the lookout for that. I give this a 9/10

Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast - This is held at the Plaza Inn and you have to sign up the day before. This is an all you can eat buffet with Eggs omelets, waffles, pancakes, Cereal, fresh fruit and more. This is a great breakfast that can fill the desires of really anybody. The Characters are really friendly and will interact with you and your family. This is GREAT for KIDS. This is also a fair bit more expensive than other places. but well worth the cost especially if you have kids. I give this a 8/10
    Last edited by Junthor; 01-11-2008 at 12:32 PM.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Re: Disneyland Resort Restaurant Reviews.

SteakHouse 55--Located in the Original Disneyland Hotel and formally know as Grandvilles. Parking is free with validation--Valet! The food and service is wonderful. A must for any A.P holder with a 15% discount on food! During our dinning experience I ordered the Salmon and my girlfriend a Filet.Both were excellent! We also ordered the Crab Cake, notice I said Cake (singular) yes you only get 1- count them 1, but worth every bite. Dessert Creme Brule---Yum,yum...Rating: 9/10

I haven't made up my mind about Napa Rose. I have hosted my Disneyland employee friends there on several occasions. I'm a young guy who made out very well on some investments and don't really work anymore, so I always like to treat my pals. They work in Disneyland and love it when I ask them to meet up at Napa Rose for dinner. It's a relatively expensive restaurant in Disney's California Hotel. The wine list is FANTASTIC. But to be honest, I have never really enjoyed any entree that I have ever ordered. It really surprises me...not even one time have I liked what i ordered. Maybe its just me. Anyone else feel this way?

• Banned User

I hate to say this, but, in December, after SO many reviews about Hook's Pointe being wonderful...we were very disappointed. The kitchen must have had an off night, but, both my hubby and grown son's porkchops were really dry, and my son's GF had scallops that were undercooked. The overall experience was very negative for us, and I had SO hoped it would be amazing like the reviews I read!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Napa Rose....ahhhh yes.. the wine list....wonderful. no complaints there whatsoever...

the service...ditto and then some....above par. really.

the food...well yes. depends on what you order. scallops to start. never been disappointed with those. (have with some of the other 'starters'). salads, nothing spectacular unless the warm beet salad is on the menu. by all means try that. entrees...hmmm..well this is what it's all about then isn't it? Short ribs can be a bit salty and bland...old staple prime rib...uninspiring....fresh fish? I'm from the PNW, there is NO 'fresh fish' in SoCal. Pass.....Lamb?Mmmmm sometimes, yes!! Sutton can do lamb! Pork? pass. Chicken? yawn....the whatever it was with SWEET Breads this past October during the 'fall menu'? WONDERFUL. (not gonna talk about what 'sweetbreads' are...)......

Napa Rose is STILL my fave. Hands DOWN. I will travel to eat there...HAPPILY.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Goofy

Plaza inn and rancho are the restaurants that I have eaten there and oh hungry bear too.

Rancho:3/10 The food is kinda cold and I agree with your statements there.

Plaza Inn: I went there last saturday and I had the pasta and it was really good but very expensive and I had the cheesecake for dessert. the total came about 19.21 wow thats the entire 20 bucks lol. 5/10.

Hungry bear: Hamburgers are dry. 3/10.

I think I would prefer the cheese cake factory. it is expensive but really worth it and the taste is really good.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    Rancho del Zocalo . . . 3/10
    Blue Bayou . . . 9/10
    I'd say you hit these pretty much on the head. I wasn't a big fan of Rancho, but that was a couple of years ago. However, being from Phoenix, I have a lot of choices of Mexican food.

Blue Bayou I wouldn't rate quite as high as I feel as though it is too pricey for what you actually get. Service and atmosphere is excellent, but I don't feel the food you get is quite worthy of the price. Will I go back, definately.

OK, to add a new one, Yamabuki. I haven't been back since the remodel, but it was great the last time we went. We really enjoyed the atmosphere, staff and food. Then again, from where I'm from, maybe the local places aren't as fine as those closer to the source. I'd give Yamabuki 9/10.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• I'm a fiddle player......

French Market 10/10 but then again I'm bias. I get the chicken platter with fries and a salad. The chicken is ok at best, but i love the steak fries and salad. Their salad dressings are really good. Also the cheesecake is excellent!!!!!! I give that to my girl and she is happy the rest of the day. If I was really rating the french market, Id give it 6/10. The food is sometimes cold.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    I'd say you hit these pretty much on the head. I wasn't a big fan of Rancho, but that was a couple of years ago. However, being from Phoenix, I have a lot of choices of Mexican food.
    I lived in Phoenix for 30 years myself and I wonder if that's why I am so biased against Rancho too. Same with most Mexican food in Seattle, but, Rancho is just blah to me. I think I liked Casa Mexicana better. Even though it still wasn't fabulous.

• Circle of Ancients

The "New" Cafe Orleans - 9/10

Everything I've had from Cafe' Orleans since it's changed over has been terrific. From breakfasts to lunches and probably 10 different meals there. Terrific.

Why does it get a 9? Because sometimes it's hard to get a table.

I think it's my favorite restaurant in Disneyland right now.

• Minion

Quick side bar... I have a pet peeve, when we go to one of the restaurants where you stand in line to get your food, and then go search for a table after you have your food, it always chaps my hide that so many people send the kiddies or another member of their party to hold the table while they take the 20-30 minutes to get through the line.

My pet peeve is this, I have watched people grab a table at the same time another party sits and eats, and often the amount of time it takes to eat is the same as the amount of time it takes to have the party join the waiting table.

Why does this matter? Because tables are being held while people are SEARCHING for tables...they could be sitting and eating and probably finish by the time the other family gets their with their food. It just drives me crazy... Okay...sorry...continue...

• Minion

Love the Blue Bayou, although the food can sometimes be uneven... we always have a great CM as a server.

Went to Steakhouse 55, loved the ambience, the food looked great, I was sick at the time and couldn't really enjoy the flavor, the other members in our party said it was yummy.

Love Cafe Orleans.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I lived in Phoenix for 30 years myself and I wonder if that's why I am so biased against Rancho too. Same with most Mexican food in Seattle, but, Rancho is just blah to me. I think I liked Casa Mexicana better. Even though it still wasn't fabulous.
    I think with us that Mexican food is kind of a stand by food that we can have anytime. So when we are on vacation why would I eat what I can have 2 minutes from my house. I know to many this isn't the case so it is a new experience so I will have to say I'm definately biased.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Circle of Ancients

Rancho is NOT mexican food. In the same way that Taco Bell or Del Taco aren't mexican food.

The difference is, Del Taco is actually good.

Rancho is Taco Bell quality food at a local hole-in-the-wall kick butt mexican restaurant price.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I liked my vegetable ratatouille at Cafe Orleans in July. Chicken Fusilli at Redd Rockets. And it's been a number of years, but I still hear that the french dip at the Whitewater Cafe still rocks (I will find out in March!).

I miss the outdoor barbecue place, that was fantastic. I like In and Out Burger, and will drive over there a couple of times too.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast