Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
  1. #1

    • Senior Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,198

    New Garden Grove Theme Park

    I've heard rumors about a new theme park that is going to be lacated in Garden Grove just minutes from DLR. I believe the city has approved the preliminary plans. I've heard it's going to be a significant developement (around 3 Billion) with hotels shopping and major theme park. Does anybody know any more details about this project? Is this really going to happen and if so what are the time lines and what is the theme? Will this competition hurt or help DL resort?

  2. #2

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,888

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I've heard rumors about a new theme park that is going to be lacated in Garden Grove just minutes from DLR. I believe the city has approved the preliminary plans. I've heard it's going to be a significant developement (around 3 Billion) with hotels shopping and major theme park. Does anybody know any more details about this project? Is this really going to happen and if so what are the time lines and what is the theme? Will this competition hurt or help DL resort?
    I'd like to know where this would be placed. Another QUALITY theme park could only help disneyland. Fact is, based on the location, I think Disney would help out this other park more than vice versa.

    Not a whole lot of area to spare in North Orange county. I'd be interested to see where the room is.

    Chad

  3. #3

    • DL Nerd
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,360

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post

    Not a whole lot of area to spare in North Orange county. I'd be interested to see where the room is.

    Chad
    Thats what I was thinking as well...


    I thought that any spare room would be already taken .. and taken possible by Disney for the Rumored 3rd Gate.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney


  4. #4

    • Disneyland/Bronco Maniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    962

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    Could someone tell me where the Gardenwalk is and how to get there? I keep hearing about it, but i'm confused as to where it is

    "The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

  5. #5

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    The last placement I heard was near Harbor and the 22.

    As for it ever happening ... who knows.


  6. #6

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,145

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    A new theme park would not harm Disneyland's sales. Disneyland is usually the destination for many famlies that travel to California, but they also visit Knotts, Sea World, etc if they can. Usually people say "I'm going to Disneyland!"
    Jeff Wayne







  7. #7

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,286
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    The last placement I heard was near Harbor and the 22.

    As for it ever happening ... who knows.
    I think this from yesterday's OC Register lends credence to that thought.

    GARDEN GROVE– The City Council tonight is expected to vote in favor of a development agreement that will allow the Embassy Suites Hotel to expand by adding 225 rooms.
    The additional rooms will be built on land owned by the hotel, said City Manager Matthew Fertal. But the new 9.5-acre parking site will go on land that will be leased by the city to the hotel, he said.
    "The city stands to benefit financially from this agreement because of revenue from bed tax and property taxes," Fertal said.
    The expansion will also give the hotel the ability to host events during the off-season, he said. Most hotels in the area heavily depend on tourists to Disneyland, Fertal said.
    "This way, they can keep their rooms full even after the peak tourist season is over," he said. "This expansion will make the Garden Grove Embassy Suites the most dominating one in Southern California."
    Over the last several years, Garden Grove city officials have been trying to woo several big-brand hotels. The Sheraton broke ground last year and is expected to be completed by the fall. Officials are in talks with at least two more large hotels to move into the city's designated resort area.
    City officials are also waiting for proposals for a theme park and an aquatic park in the InternationalWEST resort area off Harbor Boulevard.
    http://www.ocregister.com

    --Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  8. #8

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,888

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
    Could someone tell me where the Gardenwalk is and how to get there? I keep hearing about it, but i'm confused as to where it is
    Garden walk is off of Disney way, going away from Disneyland Across Harbor Blvd. Close to the Pumba Parking lot if you are familiar with the area.

  9. #9

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,888

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I think this from yesterday's OC Register lends credence to that thought.



    http://www.ocregister.com

    --Barry
    Thanks for the link Barry. Very interesting.

  10. #10

    • Disneyland/Bronco Maniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    962

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Garden walk is off of Disney way, going away from Disneyland Across Harbor Blvd. Close to the Pumba Parking lot if you are familiar with the area.
    Thanks. I have a general idea now. Is Pumba the short term parking lot? I know there is one lot that i park in when i am just going to see a show at the H.O.B.

    "The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

  11. #11

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,888

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
    Thanks. I have a general idea now. Is Pumba the short term parking lot? I know there is one lot that i park in when i am just going to see a show at the H.O.B.
    No, Pumba is no where near downtown Disney. It's across Harbor from the Timon Lot. East of Disneyland if that helps.

  12. #12

    • Disneyland/Bronco Maniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    962

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    Oh right, thats the crap lot that has no tram service, and is not fun to walk to at night. Ok, i know where were all talking about now.

    "The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

  13. #13

    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    14,688

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
    Oh right, thats the crap lot that has no tram service, and is not fun to walk to at night. Ok, i know where were all talking about now.
    Man, you would be a natural writing publicity blurbs for DLR.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

  14. #14

    • Disneyland/Bronco Maniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    962

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    Thanks. But seriously, i got stuck at that lot one trip. Its like a freakin mile away, and no tram service, come on! I'm not lazy by any means, but i do enough walking just between the two parks.
    Not to mention, i didnt feel comfortable walking to my car that night. That lot is square in the middle of Realityland.

    "The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

  15. #15

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,888

    Re: New Garden Grove Theme Park

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
    Oh right, thats the crap lot that has no tram service, and is not fun to walk to at night. Ok, i know where were all talking about now.
    LOL. That's my favorite lot! No dealing with the tram lines or pushy people. Just walk your butt back to your car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 06:14 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 07:39 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 01:25 PM
  4. Theme Park Progresses in Garden Grove - OCRegister.com
    By OogieBoogie in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 08:32 PM
  5. Garden Grove seeks theme-park investors - OC Register, 11/15/06
    By Darkbeer in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 07:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •