Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• DL Nerd

Hidden Disneyland

What are some small things that you have noticed that most people wouldn't notice while in Walt's Magic Kingdom?

1. While on Main Street U.S.A. Behind the Fruit Cart (you know the one) Well I was waiting for my wife, And I could hear noises from some of the "upstairs" It was the sound of somebody showering IIRC

2. While in NOS I was waiting outside the Bathrooms and I was leaning up against the brick wall and I could hear behind me the sounds of a party... It was really cool.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Re: Hidden Disneyland

YA! i noticed that a few months ago! i was like....... WOOOOOOW! lol

• Minion

Well, I always listen for the telegraph at the NOS Station. It plays Walt Disney's Opening Day Speech. Also, I used to always look up to see the WD and RD in the wrought iron of what was to be Walt's apt in NOS. Those 2 are fairly well known (at least around here). Other than that, I can only think of the ones previously mentioned on Main Street.

• i need Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    What are some small things that you have noticed that most people wouldn't notice while in Walt's Magic Kingdom?

1. While on Main Street U.S.A. Behind the Fruit Cart (you know the one) Well I was waiting for my wife, And I could hear noises from some of the "upstairs" It was the sound of somebody showering IIRC

2. While in NOS I was waiting outside the Bathrooms and I was leaning up against the brick wall and I could hear behind me the sounds of a party... It was really cool.
    YEAH! That is awesome! I just noticed that there are several spots on Main Street like that! It was truly a great discovery!
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

I thought I was holding it correctly.

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by rurounikengyrl View Post
    YEAH! That is awesome! I just noticed that there are several spots on Main Street like that! It was truly a great discovery!
    What are the other spots?
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Toontown
    mail box
    Man hole cover if it working?
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    If you stand back by the ice cream counter you can hear the man in the hotel, the sounds of the dentist office, and the piano teacher. I find the piano one particularly funny because the child plays slow and struggles when the teacher is there...the teacher then walks away and the child starts playing perfect ragtime tunes.

•   

I like the water fountain in Toon Town.

• Old Timer

If you pick up the one of the phones in the area around the stove in the general store on Main Street, you will be listening in on a 'party line'.

• Super Genius

The fruit cart you speak of is unofficially called "Center St" it eminates from the Hotel Marceline near the locker area. There is another one across the street of a piano teacher giving a lesson and another one of a dentist torturing a patient. Before they retrofitted the lockers, there was also sound of instructions in many languages how to use the lockers.

I have an older version of the sounds from NOS: YOu can hear it between 15 and 19 New Orleans Square. The version I have is a woman talking to her birds. The version I heard while I was there was of a psychic. The part I heard was, "I'm not a seer, if you want a seer you have to see madame leota, she lives in that mansion by the river"

There is a sound you can generate, yourself: The brass apple in the cueue line at Snow White's scary adventures just before you cueue goes indoors: if you touch it, it makes a sound. I won't ruin it for you.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I like the water fountain in Toon Town.

What does that do?

• "I Break Things"

Until now everyone has mentioned sounds. Personally I enjoy walking through Jungle's Boathouse. It is filled with a combination of antiques and souvenirs. There are a lot of "donations" there, each with their own story. You see for a long time it was a tradition that when you left, you left something behind to be remembered by. I'm not sure if that tradition is still carried out or not. It was like the logbook... but a lot more personal. I can't name all the artifacts for obvious reasons, but I will say that each was carefully selected. Each item was a very personal touch that immediately reminded the crew of who that Skipper was. Memories would come flooding back of what they did, what they got away with, what they got nailed for. So if you hear someone standing in line quietly laughing, pointing, and mumbling names... it's probably one of us! And the antiques are nice to look at too...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    So if you hear someone standing in line quietly laughing, pointing, and mumbling names... it's probably one of us! And the antiques are nice to look at too...
    I did not know that, thanks techskip.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    So if you hear someone standing in line quietly laughing, pointing, and mumbling names... it's probably one of us! And the antiques are nice to look at too...
    I LOVE all of the things along the queue to JC. They are great! I hope I'm in line near you sometime so you can tell me the stories!!!!

I am more of a visual person too. I enjoy the sounds of Goofy taking a shower in the Hotel Marceline, but, I love the small details in DL. I LOVE the bats in HM, that are the holders for the ropes. If I could, I'd take one of those bronze bats!!! ha!

Speaking of taking things...I think that bronze apple at Snow White has been missing for a while. I don't recall seeing it when I was there in Dec, and someone mentioned on the board that it was stolen.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    I did not know that, thanks techskip.
    Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I LOVE all of the things along the queue to JC. They are great! I hope I'm in line near you sometime so you can tell me the stories!!!!

I am more of a visual person too. I enjoy the sounds of Goofy taking a shower in the Hotel Marceline, but, I love the small details in DL. I LOVE the bats in HM, that are the holders for the ropes. If I could, I'd take one of those bronze bats!!! ha!

Speaking of taking things...I think that bronze apple at Snow White has been missing for a while. I don't recall seeing it when I was there in Dec, and someone mentioned on the board that it was stolen.
    The Boathouse has only been in it's current incarnation since 94. A lot of people know about the book, some know about the board, many do not know about the various articles of curiosity spread throughout the place. I was told that some skips actually came back to leave a minor donation, not sure on that one. In any event a lot of us have a few prize possessions that still grace the place.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast