Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking What Kind of Conversation/Question Did You Have With A Disneyland Character?

You know, like when you have a meet and greet with Chip & Dale, Snow White, Stitch, Aladdin, Mickey, etc... what kind of conversation did you get started with them or what question did you ask them and how did they respond?

I ask because many of us don't have all the time in the world to interact with all the Disneyland character out and about so I figured why not share stories about your meet and greets here in this thread.

I'm still hoping to meet Tinkerbell in the near future and ask here if she still thinks her hips are too big because I think they are absolutely positively perfect in every way.

Discuss. Share. Read.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Shablagoo!

Re: What Kind of Conversation/Question Did You Have With A Disneyland Character?

Let's see. Well back on my last trip to Disneyland I had a nice conversation with Cinderella at the Princess Fantasy Faire. I was by myself and she was excited to see me. "Darling!" she cried as I approached. Anyways, there was a large group behind me takling pics with Belle so I had plenty of time to take pictures of and with her. She saw my Jack Skellington shirt and we talked about the Haunted Mansion Holiday a little bit.

Great experience.

I've got more stories, but I'll post those later.

• Dreaming of Disneyland

Re: What Kind of Conversation/Question Did You Have With A Disneyland Character?

When I was at Ariel's Grotto on my birthday last year with some friends, I forced all of them to wear crystal tiaras I had bought on eBay (hey, it was my golden birthday, so I decided to go all out!). When Ariel came around to visit, she mentioned that she was so happy to host "royalty" and asked where we got such wonderful tiaras. I couldn't really think of anything to say, so I just said "eBay." The blank look on Ariel's face was priceless. Like she really had no concept of what eBay was. I kinda wanted to high-five her and say "Good job!"

Later on, we had a similar interaction when Mulan came to visit. She asked the same question, and when my friend responded "eBay", we got that same blank stare. Then her eyes lit up, and she said, "The bay? You mean the bay out there?" and pointed out at the lagoon. We laughed and said yes, and she said "Wow, I've got to get out there and start searching for myself!"

So much fun. Kudos to the two for keeping in character so well.

• I'm not really here

At Ariel's little grotto in Disneyland last summer we had a priceless conversation with her and her handler (Sailor Kyle). One of our party had dated a Kyle previously (not this one) and after his making several comments to the effect of "I control who sees Ariel" she said, "Figures, with a name like Kyle." He proceeded to demand that we all give him something to make amends for that insult. The girls in the group all complimented him. When it got to my turn, I asked for his autograph, which he promptly gave, much to the chagrin of Ariel who started pouting and making comments about his not being royal or anything. She was also flipper her tail agitatedly. Both were very much in character and obviously enjoying being in those characters. They brought so much life to them without breaking character. As we spoke with Ariel she was sure to make it known that he was just a sailor and she was a princess and much more important and the proceeded as if nothing had happened. As there was no line behind us (thanks to Joey and Kym dancing in front of the castle) we had a good 10-15 minutes of interaction with them. We left glowing comments for them at City Hall for the wonderful job they did. The picture in my sig is of that Ariel.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

My daughter has a life long crush on Peter Pan. She first got to meet him and have "alone" time at the ripe old age of 7 on our '05 visit. We were just finishing up with early entry in Fantasyland and getting our huge group of 19 back together to get Space fastpasses before our breakfast with Minnie. DD saw something green and immediately knew it was Peter. "Mom - it's Peter! I saw him!" Since the walkway around the Matterhorn to TL was empty of park guests, I told her to go see and I would catch up. He heard her and played a little game of hide and seek/peek-a-boo before finally coming out and giving her a big hug. They talked for a bit and I got some pictures and they moved on. The next day, we saw him (and I mean it was the same person as Peter) in Town Square with Wendy and he remembered her - "Wendy, this is the little one who's mom called her Tink that I told you about!" My DD just gushed over that. THEN the next day we are at Goofy's for breakfast and there he was again. "Hooray, you came to play with me!" He was just WONDERFUL with her and she ate it up.

So, then we were back in 06 and hadn't seen him anywhere. We were in the Animation building over in DCA and my stepmom finds us and said "I just saw Peter Pan." Apparently he was doing the little animation/drawing thing they do outside. We went out one door to see him as he went back inside via a different door. DD was in a frenzy wanting to see him and Cinderella was there with a huge line and saw us and heard us mentioning Peter and she stopped her line for a minute and took 2 steps our direction and loudly whispered "I heard Peter say something about exploring the Sorcerer's Workshop" - with a quick thank you we were off! We went through the whole thing and didn't see him. She didn't even care to stop and say hi to Sorcerer Mickey when we went past him. We decided to try again. And guess who was pulling double duty as Mickey's Host? Yep. It was Peter! DD sees him, runs up and says "I was looking all over for you!" His reply: "I'm so glad you found me!" We walked through the Workshop with him holding DD's hand the entire time and then when Mickey came upon some Japanese girls, Peter started teaching my DD Japanese for Hello and Goodbye and Thank you. It was adorable beyond words. I took a few pictures and he finally was able to get Mickey away from the other girls and they left through a door that takes them backstage. Happiness all around from my daughter. It was at least 10 minutes of Peter just hanging out with her and playing. Later that day, I was able to show the pictures to my husband who got an incredulous look on his face - but wouldn't say why. When we got back to the condo that night, he opened the file from last years trip and guess what? Same Peter. I've seen pictures of him here on MC so I know that at least as of November, he was still there, but sadly, we never saw him on our trip in December. Tink's disappointment was pretty big on that, but we did realize that other than Mickey and his gang, we didn't see many characters at all that week. She decided he was checking on the Lost Boys (helped that she didn't see Capt Hook all week either) and making sure they were ok.

Thanks for this thread - I love to share that story because it makes me remember that even though she is almost 10, she's still my little girl with the big imagination.

EDIT: Just in case there are any CM's peeking in here that might know "our Peter" and want to share -- here are some pics to show who he is.

The trip in '05
    (the better picture was with a *gasp* film camera and I've never scanned it)

my second favorite pic from that trip:

Then it's a year later...
    Last edited by tinkermonkey; 01-10-2008 at 02:26 PM.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Talking Re: What Kind of Conversation/Question Did You Have With A Disneyland Character?

^^^

It is stories like this that make me love Disneyland more and more every day. Thanks so much for sharing!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

When I took the mutt to the park she and Pluto were playing together. Took her to see the Pirates, she fell asleep while they were performing, and they were like "our show to the dogs!" She looked up for a second. Favorite picture ever is her with Pluto.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Wonderful Story TinkerMonkey. An incredible read, thanks for sharing.

At Goofy's Kitchen, I actually got Belle to tell me how much her gowns cost. She was wearing the "Provincial Belle" outfit and I asked why she didn't wear the gown in Goofy's Kitchen. She said it was too expensive to have syruppy fingers touch it.
    I told her that I was making costumes (including Provincial Belle for a Miss Stanislaus contestant) and wondered just how much money went into her costumes. She didn't break character and "say", but she did write it on a napkin for me.
    And I promised not to tell the amount.

• Dreaming of Disneyland

Tinkermonkey, thank you so much for sharing that story! Stories like that make me:

a) wish I could be that age again at Disneyland, just for a day;

and

b) look forward to the day that I have my own munchkins to take to the parks!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post

my second favorite pic from that trip:

Then it's a year later...

Best Peter Pan story, ever.

I'm so glad our girl got to experience that! Memories like those are worth the cost of an AP, times a million.

• BATTLE COMBINER!

At Ariels Grotto, I was eating my meal (it was DELICIOUS) with Mycroft, and then Snow White (I think it was Airel's Grotto, I am not so sure now...) came up, and said a joke about how fast I was eating. Mycroft and others (family of mine and his) talked about my appetite, and I just responded with "I still wouldn't have eaten the apple."

Everyone laughed, but Snowy looked a little flustered. She seemed insulted, and was very good at being in character. Her comments were full of harmlessness.

EDIT:

Wonderful story, Tinkermonkey.

Also, heres another great story.

When I was a wee baby, I loved Mickey. And so (as my mom told me, at least) when I first saw mickey, something happened, which was funny.

I cried.

I was freaking scared! I had never seen him in real life, or touch him! He was scary! Whenever I saw him, he was in the TV, or on the wall! I bawled, screamed, kicked, cried. It was really sad, yet funny. I wasn't that old, either, so I wasn't just a bad kid. It was confusing.

• A Weather Eye Open

On Thanksgiving night of this year, my family and I were just about to leave the park. My parents and brother went back to hotel without my sister, boyfriend, and I because we had my car and were staying in my dorm. I wanted to go through a couple of the Christmas shops before we left, but it was getting pretty late and the park was emptying out. When we came out of the shop, we saw a small group of people clustered around Holiday Mickey! I was surprised to see him out so late, but I guess he was saying goodbye to people and giving them a chance to get a photo before they left. We waiting in line and took a picture with him (see userpic... the boy declined to be in the photo).
    Afterwards, as we were walking out, I glanced behind and saw Holiday Donald following us! He was walking up to us rather fast, and he tapped my sister and i on the shoulder. He then made quite a show of being angry and was motioning all this stuff. My sis had no idea what was going on, but I figured out that he was mad about our Mickey ear headbands (just jealous, I guess). I told him, Donald, if YOU had ears, I would wear them, but you don't! and Then we wished him good night. I seriously couldn't stop giggling the whole time.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Wear a duck bill.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I just absolutely love the character interactions!!!! Keep them coming, they are AWESOME!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast