Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Getting the most for my $$$ at DL

Well, it looks like our next trip to DL is in the works. It's a 16 hour drive so we go every couple years. This time around the entire family is going which is around 14 people. We will be staying at the DL Hotel and staying for 6 nights. Pricing the hotel and tickets separately is about the same as purchasing a package that includes both. I'm just wondering if it would be in our best interest to purchase Deluxe Annual Passports because of the hotel & restraunt savings. The Disney website doesn't specify the savings at the DL Hotel. Has anyone used their AP at the hotel and are the discounts significant? Thanks.

• no flash photography...

Re: Getting the most for my $$$ at DL

it depends....I think it's 10% and sometimes more off during certain times of the year. I think the AP price is $159.00 right now.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Wow. That's quite an entourage coming down. I always encourage people to stay off property but with a crew that big staying on site is the best bet.

I have a Deluxe AP and it works out fine for me. Since I am a local it allows me to come pretty much anytime. The blockouts are mainly Saturdays in the summer, major holiday weekends, and the week between Christmas and New Years. This is ok for me but it might not be for you if you come during a time that is blacked out even for 1 day. Also you do not get merchandise discounts with the Deluxe.

Basically if you are coming during a blackout period or if you are planning on buying a lot of souvenirs (and with 14 people I would be surprised if you didn't buy any) I would suggest the Premium AP.

all you have to do is buy one ap. and then call and see if you can get the ap discount at disneyland hotel as well. if they do offer it, it would definately be worth getting one. i believe you can book up to 2 rooms with each ap so if you need four rooms just buy 2 ap's. you can probably save enough money from the money you save from the ap discount for the room to cover your ap's.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Look on the website for the discounts. I know Premium AP give you the highest discounts on foods, so at least you can weigh out the benefits. Have a great time!

what dates are you going?

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Theres now a nifty calendar on the AP site that allows you to see the AP rate for the DLR hotels not bad about 140 for PP, 159 DLH, 259 for GCH those are the cheapest not that bad for staying on site thats also with a standard view(ie parking lot).

All AP's get 10% off at food locations through out DLR while Premium's get 15% off food and 10% off merchandise.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Youonly need to buy one passport. It will probably save enough to make it worthwhile. 10% plus the in park discount on food and purchases. Don't forget to check out the blackout days when you decide which to buy.

Here is the discount link:

https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyl...dDiscountsPage
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Thanks for your help everyone. The way I've got it figured there's around $150 increase from a 6 day park hopper to a premium annual pass. There are 14 of us staying in 5 different rooms for 6 nights at the DL Hotel. With the discounts on the hotel, merchandise, tours, and restaraunts the premium annual pass should pay for itself in only a day or two and then save us some $$$ for the rest of the trip. We plan on buying the pass for 1 adult in each room because most likely no one will want to buy souveniers or eat 3 meals a day at the exact same time....well hopefully not. I love my family and all but a little alone time over 6 days will be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tink1969 View Post
    Thanks for your help everyone. The way I've got it figured there's around $150 increase from a 6 day park hopper to a premium annual pass. There are 14 of us staying in 5 different rooms for 6 nights at the DL Hotel. With the discounts on the hotel, merchandise, tours, and restaraunts the premium annual pass should pay for itself in only a day or two and then save us some $$$ for the rest of the trip. We plan on buying the pass for 1 adult in each room because most likely no one will want to buy souveniers or eat 3 meals a day at the exact same time....well hopefully not. I love my family and all but a little alone time over 6 days will be a good thing.
    Sounds like a pretty good plan, should work fine. Remember everyone with a AP is going to have to spend some amount of time during the first day getting their photo taken at the AP center.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Cool Tink1969. I hope it all works out. Having a huge vacation with that many people would get me nervous.

I hope it all works out too. 9 of us went in March 2007, 11 in November 2005, etc so we are used to big family vacations. Usually we all start out together first thing in the morning and by 11-12 we separate and meet up again for dinner or a show (Alladin). We keep in touch by cell phone or dad's walkie talkies. I think if he could carry around his cb radio from his truck he would.

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Having a huge vacation with that many people would get me nervous.
    More than four people and i'm a little iffy. But that's just me.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

Quote Originally Posted by Tink1969 View Post
    I hope it all works out too. 9 of us went in March 2007, 11 in November 2005, etc so we are used to big family vacations. Usually we all start out together first thing in the morning and by 11-12 we separate and meet up again for dinner or a show (Alladin). We keep in touch by cell phone or dad's walkie talkies. I think if he could carry around his cb radio from his truck he would.
    We have done the big family thing before, our experience has been that when you hit 25 people it becomes impossible to move as a group. We usually end up in several sub groups that change and modify as the day goes on.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
    More than four people and i'm a little iffy. But that's just me.
    I'm with you there. I'm going to WDW in March and the MIL and her boyfriend are coming too. That make 6! I'm already getting:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast