View Poll Results: Which is the best resort for it's buck at Disneyland?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland Hotel

23 50.00%
  • Paradise Pier

10 21.74%
  • Grand Californian Hotel

13 28.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Lightbulb Disneyland Resort Recommendations

Around June 17th my mom, her best friend and I are planning to go to Disneyland as a girls trip.

We plan to stay over night at one of the resorts on the property.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on either Disneyland Resort, Grand CA, or Paradise Pier.

The only one I haven't stayed at was the Disneyland Hotel, I've been to Paradise Pier - liked it, Grand CA - great, but a little pricey.

Also, any recommendations on where to eat on those properties or in the parks (we are spending one day at Disneyland and one day at CA Adventure) themselves??
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Re: Disneyland Resort Recommendations

I personally enjoy the GC and the price difference between the three is an issue for me. But if we are going on price as a factor then PP is almost as close as GC, Disney allows you to cut through the hotel so it really isn't that much difference distance wise. Many times of the year PP is actually a quieter hotel than GC. The open atrium design is not conducive to a quiet environment.

IMHO you can cut your time at DCA to about 1/3 of a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    IMHO you can cut your time at DCA to about 1/3 of a day.
    And that is being generous and assuming there are somewhat long lines.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• For You!

I loved the PP - it's fun. The walk wasn't so bad if you cut through the GC. But, I have to admit, staying at the GCH is really nice.

We always spend one day at DCA (it always closes earlier than DL) and then do the evening at DL - and one whole day at DL.

Get a corn dog at the end of Main Street - yummy.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Right now I am leaning towards the PP, only because of the price.
    If in June price is not an issue I will lean to GCA.
    Does anyone know how good the location of the Disneyland Hotel is compared to the park?
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

DLH is further away but still within easy walking distance right down DTD. And the DTD monorail stop is right there on the way if you care to enter the park that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Ah I see. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    DLH is further away but still within easy walking distance right down DTD. And the DTD monorail stop is right there on the way if you care to enter the park that way.

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

We stayed at the DLH for the first time the beginning of Dec '07. It was incredibly fabulous!!!! We never felt like it was far from anything ....... only a short walk. That is coming from an old broad with a huge butt, an old broken ankle injury, and a weak knee as well. We love, love, loved everything about the hotel. PM me if you have any specific questions.
    DisneyBroad54

• I love Mulholland Madness

Have only stayed at DLH but highly recommend it and I would stay there again!*

*until I can afford GCH
    Be Nice or Leave

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I have stayed at all 3, most recently the DLH last month. My favorite by far is the Grand. I usually stay for between 4 - 7 nights and always concierge service. I enjoy the Grand because it has such a warm cozy atmosphere as opposed to the other 2 which are very cold to me. DLH has the largest room with the Grand being the smallest. I also enjoy a balcony which only the Grand has.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    I have stayed at all 3, most recently the DLH last month. My favorite by far is the Grand. I usually stay for between 4 - 7 nights and always concierge service. I enjoy the Grand because it has such a warm cozy atmosphere as opposed to the other 2 which are very cold to me. DLH has the largest room with the Grand being the smallest. I also enjoy a balcony which only the Grand has.
    Yes tinkerbell wallpaper is just so cold kidding. I've only stayed at DLH, and I loved it. I would suggest Paradise though because of the price and you can walk through the grand.
    Jeff Wayne

If money is no object we would always stay at the Grand.

But our last 5 visits we have stayed at the PP. The walk is only about 5 minutes longer and almost 1/2 the price.

The DLH does have the monorail close but by the time you walk up the queue and wait for the next train you could have walked.

No one answered your food question. White Water Snacks is not only the best value with great food in the hotels (Grand) but is our 2nd faviote place outside of the Carnation Cafe.

Andy

I stayed at the Paradise Pier in November. No complaints, but I would advise you to dine at the "Storyteller" cafe for breakfast. They had a lot of characters there, and an improteau "conga" line of characters and children dancing along for a song like an after dinner closure on a cruise ship. Chip (Chip and Dale chipmunks) snuck up on my wife, surprised her, and she was delighted. The room was adequate, it had a view of the California Park, and being a surfer, I appreciated the surfboards in the lobby, and posed with the Goofy statue (he has a surfboard).

I have not stayed on property so I can not help there. However, if you stay at PP I would recommend the Lilo & Stich breakfast. We ate there last week. There is a buffet for about $25, but you can also order off of the menu. I had a great waffle that was $10. At storytellers you can also order off of the menu but the prices were about $21 and the buffet was $25.
    For lunch we like the French Market in NOS there is soup bread bowls, chicken and macaroni for the kids.
    I hope you have a great trip.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Yummm...bread bowl :]
    Quote Originally Posted by poohnpiglet View Post
    I have not stayed on property so I can not help there. However, if you stay at PP I would recommend the Lilo & Stich breakfast. We ate there last week. There is a buffet for about $25, but you can also order off of the menu. I had a great waffle that was $10. At storytellers you can also order off of the menu but the prices were about $21 and the buffet was $25.
    For lunch we like the French Market in NOS there is soup bread bowls, chicken and macaroni for the kids.
    I hope you have a great trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast