Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Defeats the Huns

Re: Keep Christmas Parade at Disneyland!

Candlelight WILL stay on Main Street and Town Square. I'm participating in it and I've received info from the Cast Choir Board that it is staying in Town Square and will be on December 3rd and 4th.

I'm just anxious to see what they decide for Christmas this year. There have been sooo many rumors -- I'm tired of them and just want a true answer from management SOON!

• DLR rules

All Valid/good points. although i dont agree with them ive noticed things i didnt think about before. Just thought id let everyone know that as of 10 am saturday 29, 9 people have signed it.
    Disney Fan#1 (except post Frank Wells era)

• DLR rules

LOL i think its funny that there is a new thread talking about how people dont like POD check it out

• Defeats the Huns

Is it funny because you think it's true... or funny just because people in this forum are discussing that the Parade of Dreams is a crowd control nightmare??...

I don't find it funny...

• DLR rules

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    Is it funny because you think it's true... or funny just because people in this forum are discussing that the Parade of Dreams is a crowd control nightmare??...

I don't find it funny...
    first of all, no i dont like POD of dreams but im not trying to get rid of it
    second of all, i think any parade at Disneyland in the middle of any day during the 50th celebration will be a crowd control nightmare

• Defeats the Huns

Actually.. there are less crowds for the 1st parade than the 2nd parade during the summer. Why? Because it's tooo hot and sunny to sit/stand in spots where there are no shade!! So in many parts of the parade route, you see entire sections where people are usually sitting completely empty.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

If you don't move the christmas fantasy parade to DCA, then MSEP does not get a much need refurb! Disneyland will have POD and remember, no christmas cavalcade nothing, it's the 50th anniversery entertainment only. I would much prefer DCA get the parade so MSEP can get the refurb!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• DLR rules

there not going to be running the christmas parade in the summer and MSEP still has septemer-late november to be refurbished bcuz dca closes before dark and i never see an empty spot for either parade at DL, although i could be worng but i have never seen an empty spot (except in DCA) for parades

• Disneyland Freak

I'll pass. It doesn't really matter where it goes.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Circle of Ancients

I'll just chime in...

I haven't been to Disneyland in 3 years, and when I return this Holiday Season, I want to see the 50th anniversary parade. I think that it would be great if they could the Christmas Parade over to DCA. It would add a much needed Holiday sprucing to the park. It would be a BIG reason to actually visit a park that I was very unimpressed with on my first visit. The Christmas Fantasy on Parade will be good for the park. People love the Christmas parade, but they also love the Parade of Dreams. I want to see both. It is DL's 50th after all, and I want to celebrate Christmas and the 50th.

---Just my opinion,
    Aura of Foreboding

• Defeats the Huns

MSEP will be going down in the fall no matter if A Christmas Fantasy is moving to DCA or not. Everyone keeps saying that the Christmas Fantasy Parade will bring more crowds over to DCA, but will a single parade be able to do that?? MSEP is much beloved by all but that hasn't been able to bring in the crowds either. I think the management would see that and therefore probably would not make that their primary reason for moving the Christmas parade to DCA.

I think the main concern for the Christmas Parade staying at Disneyland is the logistics of how to have BOTH parades running. They will NOT be taking Parade of Dreams off of the list no matter what. It will continue running daily for a long time. The problem is adding the Christmas Parade (which is a big parade with big floats as well). There just isn't any room to store all these floats backstage when it rests between parades down by Town Square. There are some creative ways to make this work out (which i've tried to explain before in other "Christmas Parade" topics) ... let's hope they figure out the same thing. Otherwise, it's not the end of the world if Christmas moves to DCA for one year.. I've actually come to accept it.

• DLR rules

I just read an another thread in Mousepad that Disneyland is keeping Christmas
    check out the link

• Defeats the Huns

I hope this is for real. I'm gonna be nosy around work today to get more information.

Just when I had accepted it was going to DCA.... lol
    Well, i much rather have it in Disneyland. So YAY!

• Defeats the Huns

Oops... the link died and I posted twice.. sorry.

But anyway, I hope they found a way to logistically have both parades in a day. And I hope that if they do that, POD and CF can switch being 1st parade and 2nd parade from time to time so that both can be seen at night. I miss seeing the Parade of Dreams at night. The lighting effects are just so nice and it's completely lost with these 7:00pm parades!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yensiD fan
    there not going to be running the christmas parade in the summer and MSEP still has septemer-late november to be refurbished bcuz dca closes before dark and i never see an empty spot for either parade at DL, although i could be worng but i have never seen an empty spot (except in DCA) for parades

It has been stated that MSEP is slated to go down during the holiday season for a much needed refurb, so that's why they move christmas fantasy parade over, since it can run at night and still look great!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast