Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• FastPass n00b

Re: Keep Christmas Parade at Disneyland!

Ok, I'll sign it. I love the Christmas Fantasy Parade, it has so much heart and such a catchy song. Parade of Dreams is good, but it lacks the cohesive character of some of the more better parades such as The World According to Goofy, Lion King Celebration, Party Gras, and Aladdin's Caravan. It's almost like they wanted to try to shoehorn the animated Disney characters into a parade and then wrap some music and floats around them. Disneyland's parades used to have an electric feel and make you feel really, really excited to be there. The Parade of Dreams is more like, "Wow, this is fun to watch", but it doesn't have that energy in the air that Disneyland parades 10 years ago had.

The Christmas Fantasy Parade still has that aura about it, one that makes you feel excited to be a part of it. The song is so catchy and it really needs to be in Disneyland. Disney's Electrical Parade pales in comparison to the MSEP even though it's the same exact show. It's not enough to just be able to see the show, you have to see it in its proper context...you have to see it inside the escapism of Disneyland. If you theoretically took any attraction out of Disneyland and put it anywhere else, it wouldn't be nearly as fun as it is at Disneyland. It goes to show you the influence that Disneyland has over people's perceptions inside the park.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 07-31-2005 at 03:30 PM.

• DLR rules

i agree times a million-kajillion
    Disney Fan#1 (except post Frank Wells era)

• Minion

ORWEN: Actually--as long as the Christmas Fantasy Parade is being moved out of Disneyland, anway--I don't see why it can't keep on moving--until it reaches Morva! I mean, really!! It's about time us Cauldron girls got the chance for more festive entertainment where we live!! Jousting Tournaments and Torture chambers just get so tired and boring after a while. It's about time the Land of Prydain had something special to look forward too--besides the Horned King's latest temper tantrum!

• Defeats the Huns

Quote Originally Posted by yensiD fan
    I just read an another thread in Mousepad that Disneyland is keeping Christmas
    check out the link
    I'm also getting information that A Christmas Fantasy Parade will be staying in Disneyland! Not sure if this is the final word yet, but i'd say it's pretty solid!

• Confuzled Woozle

I would prefer that the Christmas Parade be at Disneyland, but if they have to move it to DCA, could they please do something about the decorations there??? I'm sorry, but I am overcome with an overwelming desire to go insane when I see those stupid gold balls everywhere.
    Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
    After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I like A Christmas Fantasy parade too, but since I'm only able to visit at Christmas time this year, I would rather see the 50th offerings. I would love to see Parade of Dreams at night with all it's light effects. I really don't care if they do decide to move the Christmas parade over to DCA. Hey, they could even advertise that locally so that maybe it would draw some bodies into DCA to see it.

So, I'm definitely NOT signing the petition since I want to see Parade of Dreams instead!

• me.

I think it was a big mistake to move the electrical light parade from Disneyland in the first place... but moving the Christmas parade would be another HUGE mistake. I signed the petition... I love that parade.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

The petition is already most likely too late, with msep going down, they need something... The decisions probably already done! it's there business, there park, they don't have to keep it...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

Let's move all the parades to CA for a while... offer free admission from handstamped Disneylanders a half hour before the parade starts.

It'll boost CA, and that's not a bad thing...

Good advertising... And Disneyland's too crowded to handle a parade any more at all until they get a couple new ways to cross the parade route during the show...

• Defeats the Huns

Like I said before,
    A Christmas Fantasy Parade is staying in Disneyland Park. The Parade of Dreams is also staying. BOTH parades will be offered at Disneyland Park. One parade in the day, one parade at night.
    This was announced to the Show Support department as they would be the ones moving the parade floats from one side of the park to the other before the park opens and after the park closes.

The petition is definitely too late.. but it's not even needed anymore because A Christmas Fantasy is definitely STAYING in Disneyland.

• Master of Disaster

I dont know about you guys but i went to the park a few times during the christmas season just this last year.... CROWDED!!!! NOW lets add on the fact that it is also the 50th... can you imagine disneyland at capacity for a month straight? The AP part of me says MOVE THE CHRISTMAS PARADE so i can go and not have it be as crowded. But I also think it could provide a much needed bost to DCA. If they would really decorate DCA to be very christmasy and get rid of the beach santa crap that they had last year it could work out as a great thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123