• Minion

Wink Club 33 & Micechat

If you are ever on Micechat you know that there are many threads asking how to get into Club 33 and the countless number of people who want to have their once in a lifetime experience at the club. I realize that the club is not taking anyone on the waiting list right now, but I thought if it could be possible to have a Micechat membership to the club. It might be hard to work out the details, but couldn't it be possible for this site to have a group of people all chip in for the due,s etc, and each person takes turn using the membership through the year? I just thought it would make intersting discussion, but maybe I'm wrong Thanks everyone!
    Jeff Wayne

Re: Club 33 & Micechat

It would be nice, but from reading both the Confirmation of Interest letters that went out last year and posts here on MiceChat that addressed this very idea, it is my understanding that the problem with MiceChat, or any group for that matter, having a membership of their own to Club 33 is that there is just not that type of membership available. There is an individual membership (just one person and their spouse/partner,) and there are corporate memberships (for corporate officers and employees of the corporation, with each "associate member" card costing several thousand dollars annually.) The name on the waiting list for both the individual and corporate membership is not transferable; so when one's turn eventually comes, that person or corporation whose name has been on the waiting list has to be the one who signs up. Additionally, there are strict rules about non-transferability of membership privileges as well. Members may not accept money from non-members for Club 33 privileges. The penalty for violating these rules is immediate revocation of membership. So that pretty much precludes a group from pitching in on a membership.
    If an individual member wanted to break the rules he or she agreed to and risk forfeiting their initiation fee, dues, and membership and transform it into a group membership, it would be only a matter of time before the jig was up and they got caught. In fact, I read a thread recently where a corporate membership belonging to a law firm was revoked because an authorized caller on the account was selling reservations.
    I'm not an authority, but there has been a lot written about this topic that I have read here in numerous threads which corroborates this.

What is written above is pretty much correct. And there have been threads on this very suggestion in the past.

The Individual Membership level is for individuals only, and others may not contribute financially to that membership in effect creating a "shared" membership. Nor may that Individual Member sell or barter reservations in any form.

At the Limited Corporate level, the same rules applies. And the applicant company must be a legitimate full legal corporation conducting legitimate public business, with the card-carrying Member being in the paid employ of that corporation, listed as an executive of that corporation. Shell corporations created to circumvent Club policies are not allowed. Also, in the event that the card-carrying Member is no longer in the paid employ of the corporation, they must surrender their card, and the corporation may submit an application for a new paid executive. In addition, the Limited Corporate Membership is also subject to termination "in the event of the company's merger, dissolution, reorganization, termination" blah, blah, blah.

At the full Corporate level (which provides for up to 10 "Associate Membership" cards being issued) the same rules apply, and all 10 Associate Members must be executives that remain as such in the paid employ of the corporation. Also the corporation may not solicit or sell any of its Associate slots.

Club 33 is not really designed to provide memberships to un-incorporated organized groups or casual associations such as Rotary Clubs or internet groups such as being suggested/questioned here. It's basically single individual, or a corporation. Several groups have succeeded in obtaining such shared memberships in violation of Club policies, by pledges of secrecy within their group regarding their "arrangements." But usually they are discovered by the Club somewhere down the line, often by slip of the tongue, a boast within earshot of someone, or a revengeful member of the group ratting out the deal, upon quitting their own participation in the group. Unusual patterns and quantities of Guest Reservation requests can also alert the Club to possible violation of policy.

Or in a nutshell...I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited by Opus1guy; 01-12-2008 at 10:49 AM.

• Minion

Oh ok, I wasn't sure if there were threads before because there are just so many Club 33 threads. It does make perfect sense though.
    Jeff Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    It does make perfect sense though.
    Er, at least until you figure in the facts!

I like the way you think GhostHostJeff! Great idea.

Question Re: Club 33 & Micechat

How can we get a Cluh 33 Forum added to MiceChat?

How can we get a Club 33 Forum added to MiceChat? as a new member I find I have a lot of questions and comments that I'd love to get feedback on and to demystify some things around....and thread by thread seems cumbersome at the moment.