Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who's the guy that makes all the announcements?

You know the one..."Ladies and Gentleman..." and then announces the parades, fireworks, etc over the loud speakers. For as long as I can remember that voice has always sounded the same. Has it always been the same man? Is he still doing it or are they using old recordings? Just curious.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: Who's the guy that makes all the announcements?

I believe it is either Jim Cummings or Bill Rogers....
    Last edited by FantasyWatersDude; 01-12-2008 at 12:01 PM.

• Still lost in Neverland

The original "Voice of Disneyland" was Jack Wagner. He passed away several years ago. He made all the announcements, did all of the pre-recorded character voices, created the Main Street Electrical Parade and is the Electronic Voice at the beginning and ending of that parade. He did all this from a recording studio in his house a few miles away from Disneyland. You can still hear him on the station announcement at the Main Street Train Station and on the Matterhorn at the end of the ride. Disneyland has digitally saved all his recordings so you can hear him in other spots as well.

When he passed on, his son took over. He sounded exactly like his dad, only not as deep a voice and not quite as tonsorial. His dad had a much richer voice from doing this for so many years. His window on Main Street is right above the entrance to the Opera House and is also a window paying tribute to The Main Street Electrical Parade. His son was at Paris Disneyland doing all the announcements for Disneyland as well.

Finally it was too much so he remained at Paris doing there announcements and Jim Cummings took over here. I can't guarantee that he is still doing it though, as it sounds a little "off" lately.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

You can still hear Jack Wagner doing the closing spiel on some nights, especially when Main Street does not remain open for an additional hour.

As far as Jim Cummings, I'm not sure that's him. He has that distinctive rasp to his voice that I don't hear in the VOD announcements. I know he does Illuminations, but as for Disneyland, I'm not certain. If anyone would like to prove me wrong I'm very curious to know the truth on this!

That is so cool. I thought I heard him a couple of times. He was the best!!

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Lost in Wonderland

I think it's been Bill Rogers lately, at least for some of the parade announcements.

• Special Agent

Bill Rogers: http://www.billrogersproductions.com/

He also does some commercials that are shown locally here in So Cal.

• Special Agent

And FWIW - Corey Burton does the narrations for the Parking Lot trams.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

thats cool i never knew this
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Jack Wagner's official Disney Legend page:

http://legends.disney.go.com/legends...ey=Jack+Wagner

And the Wikipedia page on Jack:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Wa...28announcer%29

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post

When he passed on, his son took over. He sounded exactly like his dad, only not as deep a voice and not quite as tonsorial. His dad had a much richer voice from doing this for so many years. His window on Main Street is right above the entrance to the Opera House and is also a window paying tribute to The Main Street Electrical Parade. His son was at Paris Disneyland doing all the announcements for Disneyland as well.
    He sounded like a singing barber ?

• "I Break Things"

thank you for the info. I always wondered who did the airport "white zone is for..." as well as the classic "cleanup on aisle 5" or "price check on register 2"... j/k
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I don't think Jack does the airport announcements, except in Orlando. He did the announcements for the Delta Terminal and in the monorail type car that took people to and from the planes out on the Tarmac. Those Monorail cars and track where also done by Disney Imagineers as well. This was back when Delta was on top and was the "Official" WDW Airline. I don't know if they still have that system or not. It's been awhile since I was down there.

Tonsorial in this instance has nothing to do with being a barber. It's just a term that used to be used to indicate a deep resonate voice, which Jack had but his son did not. Over time I am sure he will sound exactly like his father. I don't know where the son is today or what he is doing, but I am pretty sure he no longer works for Disney.

Thank You Poisonedapples

I just received a message from a friend who works at the Park that I may have led you astray in that Jack did NOT actually create the Parade, he did the music and sounds along with Don Dorsey. But, it was Disney Legend, Robert (Bob) F. Jani, (pronounced Yaw-Knee) that created the classic parade. Bob has his window dedication above the Bank of Main Street.

The following is excerpts from his Disney Legends Bio:

He began his Disney career as the head of Guest Relations in 1955.

In 1967 he became the Director of Entertainment and later Vice-President of Entertainment, and finally rose to become Creative Director of Walt Disney Productions for Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

Both on his own and with Disney, Bob put on much of the live entertainment that has become standard fare at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Among his many achievements were Fantasy In The Sky, The Kids of The Kingdom, America on Parade and, perhaps his greatest Disney legacy, The Main Street Electrical Parade.

Bob left Disney in 1978, to head the revival of Radio City Music Hall's "Magnificent Christmas Spectacular." From 1979 to 1982, he was in charge of all live stage productions at the venerable New York City landmark after a decade of decline, reestablishing its status as "The Showplace of the Nation."

In 1981, Bob produced "The Glory of Christmas," with a cast of 400 and a small menagerie of animals at the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove.

Bob drafted the master plan but did not provide the staging for the opening and closing ceremonies of the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics (that contract eventually went to David L. Wolper).

Functioning worldwide as producer as well as production consultant, Bob was also artistic director for the Hollywood Bowl, producer of several television specials, and master plan consultant for Disneyland Paris and Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World.

Bob died in August 1989, at his Palos Verdes Estates home after a three-year struggle with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, known commonly as Lou Gehrig's disease. He was 55.

Thanks to Scott for reminding me of this. All three of these gentlemen have provided endless hours of entertainment for Disneyland Fans.

Thank You Poisonedapples

HAHA WOW!!!!!!!!! I never relized Ive heard (bill rogers?) So many times on the radio and NEVER relized it! Ive always LOVED how his voice sounds, PERFECT for Disney Productions!

It was so kool when he announced:

"Ladies and Gentlemen Boys and Girls, Disney Community arts showcase prsents the Colton High School Marching Band! Under the Direction of Luis Gonzales and Carry Atkins!"

I felt like apart of Disneyland ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast