Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roger Rabbit

Thumbs up Re: Roger Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    Roger Rabbit/Jessica never felt like Disney characters to me. He can stay back in his Toontown corner, IMO.
    I agree with you.

I'm glad Disney doesn't have the character around. The movie and character don't match the park at all. Having a full attraction is enough (even too much IMO) to remember it by.
    -Wes

• "I Break Things"

Re: Roger Rabbit

I would enjoy seeing more Roger but if not, at least we have the attraction. Somewhat selfish but I would rather see a Jessica meet and greet...

On a side note bit of a fun story. I have an old military canvas bag that has been everywhere with me (including my tour in Kuwait/Iraq). I originally bought it when I first worked Jungle, and just kept it through my tour in the Marines, and when I went back to Disney. Around Christmas one year I decided to get myself a Jessica pin, it's the one with her holding a surfboard. Well I stashed it by the Tv and forgot about it for a little while. A month or so later I remembered it, and pinned it to my beloved backpack. My wife commented "What's this" and I replied "Two things in life I love, a redhead and the beach!". She was pissed... what she didn't realize was the reference was to her (she's a redhead) and surfing (I LOVE the beach). Anyhow most on Jungle knew me for that backpack and pin, always thought it had the perfect 40's pinup style flair to it!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• =)

Roger Rabbit/Jessica never felt like Disney characters to me. He can stay back in his Toontown corner, IMO. Now don't kill me!
    Kill you? I could hug you for making sense! Roger doesn't feel particularly Disneyish to me, but he's not the one that bugs me, if you'll forgive the unintentional pun. Jessica Rabbit is...not a Disney character. :|

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I would enjoy seeing more Roger but if not, at least we have the attraction. Somewhat selfish but I would rather see a Jessica meet and greet...

On a side note bit of a fun story. I have an old military canvas bag that has been everywhere with me (including my tour in Kuwait/Iraq). I originally bought it when I first worked Jungle, and just kept it through my tour in the Marines, and when I went back to Disney. Around Christmas one year I decided to get myself a Jessica pin, it's the one with her holding a surfboard. Well I stashed it by the Tv and forgot about it for a little while. A month or so later I remembered it, and pinned it to my beloved backpack. My wife commented "What's this" and I replied "Two things in life I love, a redhead and the beach!". She was pissed... what she didn't realize was the reference was to her (she's a redhead) and surfing (I LOVE the beach). Anyhow most on Jungle knew me for that backpack and pin, always thought it had the perfect 40's pinup style flair to it!
    If I didn't have such a child-like look... I'd love to be her.

And I'm glad they're in toontown. I've never seen any characters.

And no one's gonna kill you! I love them but I kinda agree. I'd be a little weirded out to see a real life Jessica. And those heels would kill.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I don't understand all the uncaring attitudes towards my favorite Disney bunny. It just isn't right. For the first time in a LONG time, I'm tempted to lay a curse on certain annoying little ducklings around here. And that's just not like me!

ORGOCH: Sure it is! Yer whole existence is a curse ta ev'rybody!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Maybe they might have some Easter Roger merchandise this year!

(we can always hope and wish and dream!)

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Since I love Roger, my friend got me this at Disneyland Paris a few years ago. He has Jessica kisses on his face!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Lost Boy/Bruce,

Few can tell a story like you do. Thanks for that story, Disney magic.

• Merry 2014!

what a great story lost boy. . .

I don't understand how The Rabbit's could not be considered Disney characters. What defines a "Disney" character? To me, a lot of characters have been "sanitized for our protection" which is a shame. Roger and Jessica have a well rounded personality and a strong character core. Maybe that is why they don't seem to fit? Imo Disney could use some more strong, well defined characters.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Disney Night Owl

SorcererMickey, your plush Roger from Paris is adorable!

Ever since I was eight years old, I have been in love with the character Roger Rabbit. I didn't care if he was Disney, WB or something else...I just fell in love with him as a kid. My parents even threw me a Roger Rabbit Birthday party before I had even seen the film. I don't know what it is about him, but he just makes me smile with his weirdness and bright vibrant colors.

Luckily I did get to meet the Roger character in Disneyland way back when and I remember the moment well. After that, I didn't really see much of him after that trip but I can sort of relive those times with the Disneyland Fun Sing-Along Songs dvd. Roger Rabbit is everywhere in that and I love it! I am sad to hear that we may never really see Roger walking around in the parks but I still support him because I buy pins that feature him whenever I'm there. I got an awesome Halloween one of Roger and Jessica bobbing for apples. I sure do wish there was more stuff made available though. It's fun to collect Stitch, but Roger is my first real love.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    what a great story lost boy. . .

I don't understand how The Rabbit's could not be considered Disney characters. What defines a "Disney" character? To me, a lot of characters have been "sanitized for our protection" which is a shame. Roger and Jessica have a well rounded personality and a strong character core. Maybe that is why they don't seem to fit? Imo Disney could use some more strong, well defined characters.
    I think a lot of individuals see a conflict between the Disney "family" brand and the blatant sex appeal of Jessica Rabbit. These days most of the female characters have questionable shirts etc... but Jessica was initially drawn in that fashion and ended up on the cover of Playboy... not what one would expect from a family brand!

The other aspect could be that it was a joint venture... IMO Roger was better because of the different characters in ToonTown.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• =)

I think a lot of individuals see a conflict between the Disney "family" brand and the blatant sex appeal of Jessica Rabbit.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

Well, I don't understand all the uncaring attitudes towards my favorite Disney bunny. It just isn't right. For the first time in a LONG time, I'm tempted to lay a curse on certain annoying little ducklings around here. And that's just not like me!
    Do your worst, all three of ya.

• Looking for Jessica...

I don't see anything at all wrong with Jessica Rabbit - or Roger.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I think a lot of individuals see a conflict between the Disney "family" brand and the blatant sex appeal of Jessica Rabbit. These days most of the female characters have questionable shirts etc... but Jessica was initially drawn in that fashion and ended up on the cover of Playboy... not what one would expect from a family brand!

The other aspect could be that it was a joint venture... IMO Roger was better because of the different characters in ToonTown.
    I don't see anything wrong with Jessica Rabbitt being a Disney character. Most of the Disney princesses have been really hot. Anyway, Jessica Rabbit is way more wholesome (and intelligent) than Vanessa Hudgens. I am surprised that Disney would let Jessica Rabbit ever appear on the cover of Playboy, considering the movie was still highly advertised towards kids.

Anyway, Roger Rabbit needs to make far more appearances at the Disney parks, he is a great character, and his ride in Toontown is a lot of fun.

• =)

Anyway, Jessica Rabbit is way more wholesome (and intelligent) than Vanessa Hudgens.
    Ah, you've spent time attempting to have wholesome and intelligent conversations with both, ey? IMO, they're completely apples and oranges. One is a fictional character who was intentionally and unabashedly designed, as techskip pointed out, for sex appeal. The other is a real person who has portrayed a ridiculously over-wholesome character yet whose real-world private actions betray a far more common view of what's acceptable.

Most of the Disney princesses have been really hot.
    But Jessica is different in that she flaunts it. A lot of the Disney princesses have a more refined, less ostentatious beauty. Jessica Rabbit...come on. She looks like a prostitute.

But you know, upon re-reading the original post, I'm realizing we're getting way off-topic, and a big part of that is my fault. Sorry...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast