• Too far from Disney World

Possible Disneyland Trip

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I might be coming to the San Diego Comicon this summer. We are thinking that if we do get to go we might take an extra day and come visit Disneyland.

Now, I have been to WDW a few times but have NEVER been to Disneyland before and I'm wondering if it's possible to do everything in a day or if we should stretch it into two and stay at a Disney Hotel for a night? Is there anything I'd need to know about the parks or traveling this time of year? I think the convention is in July.
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: Possible Disneyland Trip

It all depends on the day you are there. It can be busy or it cannot be. I recommend you strech it out to 2 days so you don't miss anything. If you want to buy a park-hopper, you should stay a night.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

me and my hubby are thinking about doing the same thing! we're looking at spending 1 or 2 days at comic con, then 1 or 2 days at disneyland.
    since you've never been there before, i'd suggest extending to 2 days. that way you give yourself time to see everything you want, with time to spare. there are some good hotels in the area so you can just walk to the parks.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

If you have never been there, no way one day is enough. As bad as this sounds, I wouldn't buy a park hopper. For you first trip all you need is Disneyland.

Have a great time and feel free to ask more questions.

• I'm not really here

It is technically possible to do Disneyland in one day, but you won't have much time to enjoy it and you will be VERY tired at the end. You also run the risk of hitting a busy day.

In all honesty, I would do a night at the Disneyland Hotel and make it a two day trip to Disneyland. You will enjoy your trip a lot more and you will be able to relax a little bit more as well.

Of course we expect a trip report from you

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Too far from Disney World

Of course there would be a trip report!

I'm just hoping we're lucky enough to get to go!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Smile Re: Possible Disneyland Trip

I disagree---I would definitely get a two-day park hopper. Spend your first full day in DL, then start your next day at DCA and at lunch time (or right after), hop back over to DL and stay until park closing. Make sure to do the HM at night----it's just as much fun in DL at night as it is in WDW. Don't forget to catch the fireworks one of those nights.

There are some great hotels (not fancy, but more than adequate) right along Harbor Blvd. We always stay in one of those to maximize our park time. You literally walk across the street and into the park.

Having been to WDW several times (and always having a great time), I still never really experienced the "magic" of Disney until visiting DL. Have a great time!