Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Magic Making

Big News!! (POD to go to WDW)

I just got word from a parade support friend, that POD will end its run in Nov and going to WDW. Apparently WDW reps were in the park this weekend and are buying POD from DLR.

• Shablagoo!

Re: Big News!!

I really like POD. If it goes to WDW for a few years and replaces the current parade at the Magic Kingdom it's an improvement.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

That is big news. And it a appears to be a win-win situation for bot parks.

Why would they have to buy it? they are owned by the same company are they not.

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    Good question, but I've heard some pretty strange and unusual things through out my life...

Anybody else wanna chime in on that?

As a WDW vet I'd be so excited if this was true! I was glad when they semi updated the parade but at MK, DHS, and DAK it's been the exact same parade every year we've gone for they past six years. My only question is wouldn't they need to change some floats, the first and closing ones, since they are themed specifically to Disneyland?

It's not so much a purchase as it is a transfer of assets from one subsidiary to another. I doubt they will be getting out their checkbook but they certainly will pay for it.

• Fireworks Finatic!

That doesn't quite make sense.. Then they will have to come up with a new parade or something for 2009.. THEN another new parade for the 55th Anniversary in 2010. They would NEVER do something like that........

• A Weather Eye Open

It WOULD make more sense for it to end it's run in Nov '09... what would they do in the meantime, if a new parade is expected for the 55th? Of course, they could just get the new one quicker, and then pretend like it's in honor of the 55th once '10 rolls around. Saying stuff like that seems to be working for them in recent years.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyLD View Post
    I just got word from a parade support friend, that POD will end its run in Nov
    Yay! Not soon enough for me, but at least it is ending! (Sorry, JMHO)

• Minion

Then they should bring The Main Street Electrical Parade back to Disneyland. That actually might make sense if Fantasmic! is going down too.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, each of the parks are run as seperate entities. Disneyland isn't a DBA of the Disney Corporation, rather it is its own corporation that is owned by the Disney Corporation. By that WDW Resort and the Disneyland Resort are seperate companies on the books so yes a transfer of assests from one park to another would have to be a bought.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Senior Minion

Thank goodness!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by SHowardcpa View Post
    It's not so much a purchase as it is a transfer of assets from one subsidiary to another. I doubt they will be getting out their checkbook but they certainly will pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, each of the parks are run as seperate entities. Disneyland isn't a DBA of the Disney Corporation, rather it is its own corporation that is owned by the Disney Corporation. By that WDW Resort and the Disneyland Resort are seperate companies on the books so yes a transfer of assests from one park to another would have to be a bought.
    No clue on this "payment" comment but I know there will be a substantial negotiation over who will pay for the packing/shipping/unpacking of parade!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    That doesn't quite make sense.. Then they will have to come up with a new parade or something for 2009.. THEN another new parade for the 55th Anniversary in 2010. They would NEVER do something like that........
    They will probably do what they did before, which is to blend portions of the current parade into the new one. This gives them a new parade, with some familiar floats, and cuts down on the cost of the new parade.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Then they should bring The Main Street Electrical Parade back to Disneyland. That actually might make sense if Fantasmic! is going down too.
    From what I understand it's departure advertised specifically that it would never return to Main Street...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Oh thank GOD... Parade of Dreams is pure crap.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast