Angry And you thought flash photography was bad...

Hello fellow Mice Chatters!

So my fiance and I decided to spend a nice Sunday at the park today. While waiting in line for Space Mountain, I mentioned to my fiance how irritating flash photography has been lately, especially when the person taking pictures is taking flash pictures out of the corner of your eye. Well, we were about to get on SM when I told my fiance, "Yeah, I'd like to see someone take flash photography on this ride." Well, I jinxed myself. As the ride made its way to the final incline before letting loose, the person in front of me decides to pull out his cell phone, turn on the camcorder feature on his phone (along with the camcorder light) and takes a cell phone video of the ENTIRE ride. Since it's so dark in there, the little light on his cell phone illuminated everything during the ride...the tracks, the service steps, EVERYTHING!!!

Needless to say he ruined one of my favorite rides at the park. SM felt like it was moving faster than usual today...course, it was probably my imagination.

• Banned User

Re: And you thought flash photography was bad...

Seems it would have felt slower, with that moron videotaping the whole thing! ha!

I'd have told a CM and asked for another go round. Can't hurt to ask!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDBUSA View Post
    Hello fellow Mice Chatters!

So my fiance and I decided to spend a nice Sunday at the park today. While waiting in line for Space Mountain, I mentioned to my fiance how irritating flash photography has been lately, especially when the person taking pictures is taking flash pictures out of the corner of your eye. Well, we were about to get on SM when I told my fiance, "Yeah, I'd like to see someone take flash photography on this ride." Well, I jinxed myself. As the ride made its way to the final incline before letting loose, the person in front of me decides to pull out his cell phone, turn on the camcorder feature on his phone (along with the camcorder light) and takes a cell phone video of the ENTIRE ride. Since it's so dark in there, the little light on his cell phone illuminated everything during the ride...the tracks, the service steps, EVERYTHING!!!

Needless to say he ruined one of my favorite rides at the park. SM felt like it was moving faster than usual today...course, it was probably my imagination.

How bout this for a solution? Bump (cell phone goes flying) Ohhhh. I am sooo sorry. With the jolting and All. It seems I got thrust forward and knocked it right out of your hands. Well next time you might want to keep that thing in your pocket. Oh and by the way, it's also inconsiderate to light up the entire ride and ruin everyone's ride experience. Sorry about the phone.

On second thought the phone might interfere with the ride or hit someone. Bad idea.
    Last edited by WSVR; 01-14-2008 at 12:02 AM.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

SO GLAD I wasn't there. I may have caused a scene explaining how rude the person was.

so sorry about that
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WSVR View Post
    Bump (cell phone goes flying) Ohhhh. I am sooo sorry. With the jolting and All. It seems I got thrust forward and knocked it right out of your hands. Well next time you might want to keep that thing in your pocket.
    Now that would have been classic!!!! We'd all applaude that, I believe. At least I would. ha! Some poor CM would probably have to go find it for them though, which would stop the ride, etc. etc. It would cause a domino effect of things to happen.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post
    SO GLAD I wasn't there. I may have caused a scene explaining how rude the person was.

so sorry about that
    YOU would cause a scene, Fishy??? You have the sweetest face, I can't imagine it making a scene! haha! (Of course, I only have the board to go by because I've not met you....YET! This year....I hope!)

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

I hate when people ruin the ride.
    I once told some guy to sut his camcorder light off in POTC. It was so bright I was blinded. My mom wasn't pleased with me.

Quote Originally Posted by WSVR View Post
    How bout this for a solution? Bump (cell phone goes flying) Ohhhh. I am sooo sorry. With the jolting and All. It seems I got thrust forward and knocked it right out of your hands. Well next time you might want to keep that thing in your pocket. Oh and by the way, it's also inconsiderate to light up the entire ride and ruin everyone's ride experience. Sorry about the phone.

On second thought the phone might interfere with the ride or hit someone. Bad idea.
    The phone was no less than about a foot away from my reach. If only you knew how hard it was for me to not knock the phone out of his hands. I agree with I Heart Disneyland, this guy would have caused a scene, I probably would have been kicked out of the park, and I would have ruined the day for all would be riders after me. Sometimes I just wonder about my luck whenever I am at the park.

I decided to end the day with Alice in Wonderland. Got to the scene right before painting the roses red and BAM, the lights turn on, everything stops, and my fiance and I end up having to walk out of the ride....DOH!