Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,994
    Blog Entries
    120

    I'm not very observant, but I noticed this...

    Two threads, involving one word descriptions.

    What one word describes Disneyland?

    What one word describes California Adventure?

    Why is it that the California Adventure question is being shown more interest by MiceCatters?

    No need to answer, just an observation.

  2. #2

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    Re: I'm not very observant, but I noticed this...

    easier target, just another observation

  3. #3

    • The one, the only...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    2,851

    Re: I'm not very observant, but I noticed this...

    I think that it is harder to come up with one word that describes Disneyland!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan
    .................................

    Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

  4. #4

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,994
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: I'm not very observant, but I noticed this...

    Interesting thought

  5. #5

    • So!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,443

    Re: I'm not very observant, but I noticed this...

    People like to make fun of it. So, I assume that making fun of something a lot of people don't enjoy is going to get more attention than praising something we all know and love. ...especially after the accident.

  6. #6

    • Behind the refurb walls..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,978
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I'm not very observant, but I noticed this...

    I've been dying to ask you barb, if you saw fantasmic here in DL... What did you think?






    ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

  7. #7

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,118

    Re: I'm not very observant, but I noticed this...

    Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I think that it is harder to come up with one word that describes Disneyland!
    Quite true. That is the whole problem with DCA.....it is so easy to describe it with one word in that it has only one theme.

    Ask someone what the "theme" of Disneyland is? and you will get long complicated answers.

    Ask someone what the "theme" of DCA is and the answer will be quite short I don't doubt.

    Hopefully Disney has learned a lesson here and will stay away from single all encomassing themes in the future.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  8. #8

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,994
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: I'm not very observant, but I noticed this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    I've been dying to ask you barb, if you saw fantasmic here in DL... What did you think?
    I actually saw Disneyland's Fantasmic twice. I absolutely loved it. I always said that the best thing at Walt Disney World was their Fantasmic.

    I think one of the best things at Disneyland is their Fantasmic. The crowd situation to watch it, is it's only drawback. I guess staking out a good spot hours ahead, or finding a good place to stand, is part of the experience. I actually, both times walked over and was standing in the back of everyone else. The last time I was right in the middle by POTC.

    Back to Fantasmic. It is definitely better than the WDW version. Both nights I saw it, I was alone. It is always easier to navigate the crowds alone. Love the Pinocchio and Jiminy parts. The crocodile that chases Hook is hysterical.
    When I return to Disneyland, and I will, it will be a "must see again" for me.

  9. #9

    • Hey, that's not Rose!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca
    Posts
    969

    Re: I'm not very observant, but I noticed this...

    People are mean to DCA, and it's easier to be mean then nice.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

    Disneyworld 1987

  10. #10

    • Behind the refurb walls..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,978
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I'm not very observant, but I noticed this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    I actually saw Disneyland's Fantasmic twice. I absolutely loved it. I always said that the best thing at Walt Disney World was their Fantasmic.

    I think one of the best things at Disneyland is their Fantasmic. The crowd situation to watch it, is it's only drawback. I guess staking out a good spot hours ahead, or finding a good place to stand, is part of the experience. I actually, both times walked over and was standing in the back of everyone else. The last time I was right in the middle by POTC.

    Back to Fantasmic. It is definitely better than the WDW version. Both nights I saw it, I was alone. It is always easier to navigate the crowds alone. Love the Pinocchio and Jiminy parts. The crocodile that chases Hook is hysterical.
    When I return to Disneyland, and I will, it will be a "must see again" for me.
    hahaha glad you liked it... I love the peter pan scene it's just so awesome!!! The only thing I would do is bring in the fountains they use for WDW's version, so we can have more fountains!






    ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] Have you ever noticed?
    By AshleyJaded in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 04:00 PM
  2. Have you ever noticed...
    By bandgeek5476 in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 07:25 AM
  3. I just noticed...
    By BigPigletFan in forum The Forums
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2006, 12:16 PM
  4. something I noticed in the HM
    By Pirateheatther in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 02:32 PM
  5. Just Noticed Something:
    By Magus in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 04:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •