Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Re: Help me figure out how to make a Great ride for Lion King

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    I too thought of using real lions, but my idea was to feed them people waiting for F!. It would be sort of a crowd thinning tool.

Sorry, I will go stand in the corner.

I like it. Ha ha. Of course, i have never seen F!. 15 years and holding strong.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I'll post an idea I came up with a while back when Pirate's Lair was getting constructed. I sort of figured that if they were going to get rid of the themeing why the heck not just turn it into Pride Rock. LOL Anyway, here it is:

Simba’s Adventurous Expedition – This dark ride would take riders through the story of The Lion King riding on the backs of African animals (lions, giraffes, elephants, ostriches, etc.). The ride would open up with the birth of Simba and all the animals looking up at Rafiki holding him up to the sky. “Circle Of Life” would be playing during this scene. The next scene in Simba’s Adventurous Expedition would be the gazelle scene when Mufasa is killed. As the vehicles make their way through the scene of the wildebeests running the vehicle would take a sudden dive. This action would be very similar to that found in the movie, and the end of the Indiana Jones ride. Once the vehicle reaches the bottom it is then turned 180° so the riders can watch the wildebeests continue to run down into the ravine being projected on the sides of the walls. After they disappear the vehicle makes another 180° turn and it continues on to a scene with Simba holding Mufasa after he has been killed by Scar. The vehicle then makes its way into a jungle scene with bugs, vines, and Timon & Pumba. They are singing “Hakuna Matata.” The third scene would show Simba becoming an adult. This would also be when he meets Nala and falls in love. Sir Elton John’s song, “Can You Feel The Love Tonight?” would play during this scene. The vehicle would then be taken to the forth scene. This would be the climactic fight scene between Simba and Scar. It would show Simba and Scar fighting. Then, by use of projectors it would show the hyenas jumping on top and attacking Scar. The final scene would be when Pride Rock returns to its original state. Simba’s new son is now born and Rafiki shows him to all of Africa. “Circle Of Life” would start again and the ride would come to an end.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I'll post an idea I came up with a while back when Pirate's Lair was getting constructed. I sort of figured that if they were going to get rid of the themeing why the heck not just turn it into Pride Rock. LOL Anyway, here it is:

[/font]
    Not a bad idea Q4D. Heck, since they are dismanling Frontierland anyways, take away the Indian area across the river, and make that into pride rock. By the time our grandkids grow up, I think only Thunder Mountain will be Frontierland.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I think a Lion King ride would be cute as a dark ride in Fantasyland.
    There really isn't any space to put it though.
    It would be a big big mistake to put it where the Jungle Cruise is...IMHO!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• "I Break Things"

Leave the J.C. alone..... that said I will post my concept probably this evening when I have a chance! Mouse love the new thinning tool, Chad, nice pic, Bob... somewhat shocked you have never seen F!, being a Bronco's fan I would think you are used to hype and disappointment! I keed I keed... anyhow will post later when I have a chance.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I'll pencil this in later

I've always imagined an E-ticket ride.. a roller coaster going through the elephant graveyard...when you are being chased by hyenas, in the movie..
    I haven't thought very hard about this idea, and how it would work.. just have always imagined it :]

• Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Not sure on the exact setting and location, but a while back I had an idea on this topic. Not a full Lion King ride, but a Timon & pumba centered small ride which would be a cross between a traditional dark ride, & also have similarities to the Crush Coaster. The cars would be two rows holding four people, but you are riding Pumba and each car has Timon doing something different on the front of each Pumba for a unique ride. First scene accelerating into the buzzards, slower scenes meeting Simba, some grub hunting in between perhaps, and of course a grand akuna mahtata showcase to finish it off...The End

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Leave the J.C. alone..... that said I will post my concept probably this evening when I have a chance! Mouse love the new thinning tool, Chad, nice pic, Bob... somewhat shocked you have never seen F!, being a Bronco's fan I would think you are used to hype and disappointment! I keed I keed... anyhow will post later when I have a chance.
    Techskip,

You and BroncoBob are like kindred spirits. I could have sworn those lions on Jungle Cruise were protecting a sleeping Elway with zebra like chompers.

• Sock Puppet

I have an idea to where to put this ride. Take parts out of toontown and extend Fantasyland into Toontown area. In the end, no more toontown but more fantasyland. They can also keep Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin.

• Sea Creature

A Lion King dark ride would be great but the only place that it really fits is at DAK.

I'd make it a rafting ride. Go through the circle of life scene, the elephant graveyard, the jungle, and back to pride rock with fire all around.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
    ...but i am just not a big Lion King fan.
    High Five, I hate Lion King. I am going to regret saying that. I have seen it to much to be enjoyable.
    Last edited by DarthDucky; 01-15-2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: ...

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    High Five, I hate Lion King. I am going to regret saying that
    I've always been known to bend the rules which is why this won't be the traditional Lion King

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    They can also keep Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin.
    Could not have worded the transition better myself.

Lion King was an entertaining flick, but I am not sure it's serious overtones would fit inside the realm of Adventureland. Adventureland is a comical, light hearted, adventurous sort of place. So... base it on Timon and Pumba! Still technically Lion King... just 1.5 is all... think of it as an upgrade. Timon and Pumba have a lot to offer. You have the song, almost as annoying as Small World! You have colorful scenes, lively Rainforest, scenic Pride Rock, spooky Elephant Graveyard, and the chaotic Wilderbeast Stampede. And you can't underestimate the comedic potential of a well placed fart joke!

Think of it as the Roger Rabbit of Adventureland! Ride vehicles would be giant bugs (like something Pumba would eat)... and the track would be similar to Alice. It would be in the same tradition as the other Classics, with cheesy cutouts etc. The location would be simple enough... current Aladdin, as well as the spaces of Plaza Pavilion not utilized by offices or Tiki (pretty extensive area actually). If you make it multi-storied you would be able to create a decent ride path. The one hindrance would be the queue. To that I offer no solution because honestly... I would rather have Adventurer's Club, and the multi theater I pitched earlier.

In the Multi-theater Lion King would have a minor presence. I pitched the Jane's drawing room... where she teaches kids how to draw the various jungle animals. When you take into account Jungle Book (Baghera, Baloo, Sher Khan, Kaa, King Louie, and the Elephant herd), Aladdin (Abu, Iago and Rajah), Tarzan (do I really need to name them all?), and Lion King... point has already been made there are a lot of main and secondary characters you could utilize for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Techskip,
    You and BroncoBob are like kindred spirits. I could have sworn those lions on Jungle Cruise were protecting a sleeping Elway with zebra like chompers.
    Not sure if that is meant as an insult or a compliment. If it was directed at my pride in the J.C. here is why... it's ORIGINAL... something that a lot of Disneyland can't claim. It has undergone multiple changes, and may not have the high powered effects of things like Indy... but if even 2 or 3 out of 10 claim it is their favorite ride I feel it's done it's job! Indy is a little over 10 years old, congrats... Jungle is over 50... that in any culture is a milestone! I feel it's survival is due to it's theme... it's all about an Adventure. Some of us may never see a wild elephant or wild tiger or float down a real rainforest... but we can imagine what it would be like in one while on the Jungle Cruise!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    .Not sure if that is meant as an insult or a compliment.
    It was mainly to point out John Elway's Equine like teeth to Bob. Tying Elway to the sleeping Zebra fit the best

I too am a huge fan of the original JC. Anytime people start suggesting ridding Disneyland of some of Walt's original creations, I get a little concerned.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I too am a huge fan of the original JC. Anytime people start suggesting ridding Disneyland of some of Walt's original creations, I get a little concerned.
    When you have been in the business as long as Jungle, you learn to accept some degree of change. That said, as long as the Jungle is open there will always be Skips trying to adhere to the dreams of Walt and Marc... and there will always be former Skips to remind them of the rich heritage, and legacy, of that attraction. Having seen, and done, a lot... there are very few things that I have done which compare to being a Jungle Skip. To me it was a privilege, and a very magical moment! I can only hope that the current crew will have such fond memories when they finally hang up their hats and move on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast