Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Help me figure out how to make a Great ride for Lion King

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    When you have been in the business as long as Jungle, you learn to accept some degree of change. That said, as long as the Jungle is open there will always be Skips trying to adhere to the dreams of Walt and Marc... and there will always be former Skips to remind them of the rich heritage, and legacy, of that attraction. Having seen, and done, a lot... there are very few things that I have done which compare to being a Jungle Skip.
    Thank goodness. It is encouraging to know there is still a rich history that people are willing to pass on.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    A Lion King dark ride would be great but the only place that it really fits is at DAK.

That's what I was thinking. Many times these threads should actually be in that thread because they actually NEED more rides over at WDW. Animal Kingdom actually has an AFRICA land where they could make it work!

I would love to see a Lion King ride. Seeing a stunning display of animals all around pride rock, the stampede, elephant graveyard... many of the key song sequences... I think it would be a lot of fun.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Q4D I love the idea!! I agree with aashee that the area in frontierland on the island that is open perhaps could house it!

I'd make it a rafting ride. Go through the circle of life scene, the elephant graveyard, the jungle, and back to pride rock with fire all around.
    I like this it would be very much like something have in Disneyworld The Kali River Rapids. The only downside is where will it go?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy38 View Post
    I like this it would be very much like something have in Disneyworld The Kali River Rapids. The only downside is where will it go?
    I hate to say it, but GRR is enough for rafting rides on the west coast. They plan on re-theming it which it sorely needs.

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Rafting rides are one's you can really stick in anywhere though. Kind of hard to theme a ride where all your gonna get on it is soaked. I can do that at Magic Mountain.... Ha! Beat all of you too it..

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

HEre's the problem with rafting rides. When it's cold the 3-6 months of the year, people don't care to ride it. However, people always ride Splash because of the music, great animitronics and thrills. It's kinda like building a water park. You are battling people having no interest for at least a quarter of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    HEre's the problem with rafting rides. When it's cold the 3-6 months of the year, people don't care to ride it. However, people always ride Splash because of the music, great animitronics and thrills. It's kinda like building a water park. You are battling people having no interest for at least a quarter of the year.

That's why Hurricane Harbor is not open as much as Magic Mountain, even though its right next to it...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
    That's why Hurricane Harbor is not open as much as Magic Mountain, even though its right next to it...
    For some reason, 40 degree weather with a 20 mph wind doesn't make me wake up and say "Kids! We're going to a water park!".

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    For some reason, 40 degree weather with a 20 mph wind doesn't make me wake up and say "Kids! We're going to a water park!".

That's what i was thinking....What i never understood, is when i was living in Denver, there are a few water parks out there. Of course, they are closed half the year, but Denver has such weird weather, I've seen it snow in May of all times..

• Dave

Blog Entries

I don't think There is any space left in Adventureland for a ride like lion King which would be the only place I feel it would fit in.
    Dave

How about knock out that Aladdin story thing.

• Muthdard! Don't be Silly.

http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr_v0200/en_US/map/images/DLPLowbandMap.pdf In looking at this map of DL, I can see that if you remove the Alladin Ocrapsis, and the Plaza Pavillion and fence all that area to face Adventure Land, you would have a pretty decent plot of land for a LK ride. It would still need to be a two level ride. Starting above land you can see the Savannah and all the characters as seen in the beginning of the movie. Then you would go down to the second level, much like in POTC, but as you go down you would begin to see Elephant bones (Graveyard). Then as you finally enter that area you would see Scar saying, "nice of you to drop on by, you wont be the first to drop!!...Get them!!" Then you will have Hyennas jumping toward the ride vehicle (small individual convertible safari jeeps with internal speakers and air jets to feal Scar's roar or to smell Pumba when you were above ground as they were tracking down and eating huge goey bugs) making crazy snarling noises and some in the background are yelling to chase you into the man made fire. The vehicle will accelerate forward swerving left and right as you finally see Scar jump toward you, yet a little to high and off into the bushes. As you go around the last corner you will see Scar and some hyennas yelping and roaring as they have fallen into a thorn patch or as they are now surrounded by a fire that is trapping him from going after you again. you then accelerate backup past more elephant bones and meet all your friends again and see the Circle of Life. Soundtrack to be played during the whole ride, of course!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Welcome to MiceChat Brent! Keep those ideas a-comin'!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Brentg71 View Post
    In looking at this map of DL, I can see that if you remove the Aladdin Oasis, and the Plaza Pavilion and fence all that area to face Adventure Land, you would have a pretty decent plot of land for a LK ride. It would still need to be a two level ride. Starting above land you can see the Savannah and all the characters as seen in the beginning of the movie. Then you would go down to the second level, much like in POTC, but as you go down you would begin to see Elephant bones (Graveyard). Then as you finally enter that area you would see Scar saying, "nice of you to drop on by, you wont be the first to drop!!...Get them!!" Then you will have Hyenas jumping toward the ride vehicle (small individual convertible safari jeeps with internal speakers and air jets to feel Scar's roar or to smell Pumba when you were above ground as they were tracking down and eating huge goey bugs) making crazy snarling noises and some in the background are yelling to chase you into the man made fire. The vehicle will accelerate forward swerving left and right as you finally see Scar jump toward you, yet a little to high and off into the bushes. As you go around the last corner you will see Scar and some hyennas yelping and roaring as they have fallen into a thorn patch or as they are now surrounded by a fire that is trapping him from going after you again. you then accelerate backup past more elephant bones and meet all your friends again and see the Circle of Life. Soundtrack to be played during the whole ride, of course!

Keep in mind that part of Plaza Pavilion houses for Tiki Room, and Tiki is technically connected to the same building. It also houses offices.. but I completely agree it could easily be developed. The only problem I can forsee is the Jungle River... that would make it extremely difficult do anything below ground. In any sense it would be a tight squeeze, and then you have to figure out how to design the queue.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast