Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Help me figure out how to make a Great ride for Lion King

For years I have debated whether or not Lion King should become a ride at Disneyland. Well, now I am asking you the same question. Frist I thought perhaps a dark ride would be cool for families, then perhaps an E ticket similar to Everest for thrill seekers. Perhaps revamping the Jungle Cruise would be an idea. All of these ideas have come in and out of my head and now I turn to you the micechatters, how would you make a Lion King ride. Please keep in mind that we want this ride to be great. Thanks.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Help me figure out how to make a Great ride for Lion King

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy38 View Post
    For years I have debated whether or not Lion King should become a ride at Disneyland. Well, now I am asking you the same question. Frist I thought perhaps a dark ride would be cool for families, then perhaps an E ticket similar to Everest for thrill seekers. Perhaps revamping the Jungle Cruise would be an idea. All of these ideas have come in and out of my head and now I turn to you the micechatters, how would you make a Lion King ride. Please keep in mind that we want this ride to be great. Thanks.
    Trying not to rain on your parade, but putting a Lion King ride will be very challenging. First where to put it? Adventureland is thematically best, but the space is limited. Redoing Jungle Cruise would be a huge mistake IMO. Remove the treehouse or Aladdin's Oasis? Possible, but doesn't open up a huge amount of land.

Fantasyland would be tough as well. If you replace one of the other Dark Rides, Pinocchio is probably the only possibility. The others are originals rides and Alice fits that area well. It'd be tough to navigate the abandoned SkyWay Chalet.

Probably the area that could most accomidate it would be Toontown or Princess Fun Faire Theater. Rip out the PFFT and I don;'t think anyone would complain, but it does generate sales there that a ride may not. In toontown Daisy's boat and Goofy Bounceless house are very expendable.

GRumpy, I'd love to see a Lion King dark ride too. I'm very excited about the Mermaid Ride in DCA and maybe that's a good sign for going back to profitable Disney cartoon tie-ins rather than all Pixar all the time.

Chad

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I think a good place to start, as with most Imagineering, is looking at the scenes in the movie you would want to experience. Pick and choose which parts you would want to see and decide which kind of ride would fit best. I don't know that a thrill ride is totally appropriate for the tone of the movie, but it could be done.

The biggest problem I see is that the scenery is too unchanging throughout the movie. You have different areas of the African jungle and the Pridelands, but how much variation could you really put into the ride. I do like the idea of passing by Pride Rock during the Circle of Life, with its sprawling menagerie and towering (by means of forced perspective) precipice. Also, riding through Scar's lair with Scar perched high above you singing "Be Prepared" as Hyena shadows march past would be chilling. Finally, if there was good enough technology (not just a projection) to pull of Mufasa in the clouds, that could really be a selling point.

The more I think about it, the more a Jungle Cruise type ride seems to make sense. You wouldn't need as much scenic variation as a dark ride requires and could really go larger with the scale of things. Sorry if this was rambling, I was basically just brainstorming on (digital) paper.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

I'm probably the only person here who would not really be to interested in a Lion King attraction. Grumpy, i like the initiative, but i am just not a big Lion King fan.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
    I'm probably the only person here who would not really be to interested in a Lion King attraction. Grumpy, i like the initiative, but i am just not a big Lion King fan.
    Not a fan eh? Let me guess, you loved the Horse movie Spirit?

Signed,
    Mufasa

To the contrary Aashee, didnt see Spirit, but i get the joke. Very clever...

I saw Lion King once, and that was good enough for me. The g/f loves it, would probably love the attraction, but its just not for me.

• Sock Puppet

If we had the room here will be my idea

First you will board a mini african safari truck and begin your adventure to the african savanah. The ride will then take your through some of the famous scenes in the lion king. For example Pride Rock, Elefant's Graveyard, The valley gorge and death of mufasa, the introduction of timon and pumbaa, the take back of the kingdom, the final battle of simba and scar, the final scene of the newly restored kingdom with simba in his rightful place. What do you think?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    If we had the room here will be my idea

First you will board a mini african safari truck and begin your adventure to the african savanah. The ride will then take your through some of the famous scenes in the lion king. For example Pride Rock, Elefant's Graveyard, The valley gorge and death of mufasa, the introduction of timon and pumbaa, the take back of the kingdom, the final battle of simba and scar, the final scene of the newly restored kingdom with simba in his rightful place. What do you think?
    Nice. Scrap Carsland, I'm all for it!

As much as i dont like Pixar, but since it'll be at DCA, i'll stick with Carsland.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

As much as i dont like Pixar, but since it'll be at DCA, i'll stick with Carsland.
    Can't we come to an agreement?

lol, nice.
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

Very nice indeed Chad. Maybe if we put the big cat in the car, and got to go real fast, that could also be a nice happy medium.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Very nice indeed Chad. Maybe if we put the big cat in the car, and got to go real fast, that could also be a nice happy medium.
    That would create a lot of dead people. Thus, creating more ghosts. I think that's better suited for another thread.

How bout a nice partition inbetween?

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

I too thought of using real lions, but my idea was to feed them people waiting for F!. It would be sort of a crowd thinning tool.

Sorry, I will go stand in the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast