Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm not really here

The Great Disneyland Resort Poll

So a few days ago PretzelSouls (I think it was) started a thread asking for ratings on Disney rides. This got me thinking that a really super huge poll could be interesting. Especially if we could get it to do little bar graphs at the end to display results.

As this is a really huge, multipart poll, it didn't really make sense to use the built in poll system on MiceChat. As such, I built one specifically for this. There are several parts to this poll...

Disneyland and California are polled separately.
    Within each park you are asked to rate Attractions, Dining, Entertainment and the Themed Lands.

For each of these categories you will give a star rating (1-5) and then you can pick your top 5 out of each of those categories. 1 being your favorite, 2 = slightly less favorite and so on.

The results are then tabulated and shown for each park and category separately. It will show which rides have been picked as #1 attractions, which have not been picked at all, which rides have been given more stars than others, etc.

Without further ado...
    http://xotz.net/rides

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Sock Puppet

Re: The Great Disneyland Resort Poll

Sounds pretty cool and i will rate it once i come back from my disneyland/DCA in july

• Disney Nerd

fyi: the dining lists are incomplete....

• Minion

I took the polls and did the DCA one twice, because when you click on submit for the DCA poll, it just goes back to the DCA poll.

Anyway, thanks for making this, it's an excellent idea.

• I'm not really here

Thanks for the feedback. Which items are missing from the dining lists? I pulled directly from Disney's website but did decide to omit things like Daisy's Diner and the fry carts. I tried to include all the main places.

Thanks for pointing out the redirect error with the poll. I am at work and can't recode that from here but that should be fixed by tonight.

The way the bargraphs display is also a bit funky at the moment. I did figure out why and they will look a little better later on tonight. The percentages are also off because it is grabbing the wrong number to divide by. The lists pages though are working well and you can click on any individual to see just it. Thanks to everyone who has taken it. Should be fun to see which things really are popular and which really aren't.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Hiding in the shadows

YOu may want to add the Flag Retreat to the list somewhere as its a must do for my family.

A little piece of heaven

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I couldn't see the results after rating DCA as well.

What's up with that?

• I'm not really here

It not letting you see the results after voting for DCA is because there is one small little semi-colon out of place in 200 lines of code. I'll get that fixed sometime in the next 2 hours (when I get home and have dinner).

In the meantime... here's the link directly to the results page:
    http://xotz.net/rides/results2.php

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Thanks for the clarification, but do the ratings posted count on the poll?

• I'm not really here

Yeah, it has been submitting them correctly (as far as I can tell from work), just not sending you to the correct page to view them. I'll make sure when I get home and can actually peak under the hood.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Thanks!

• =)

I voted! Things are looking more or less the way I'd expect them too...

• I'm not really here

Yeah, they are. I was actually most interested in what wouldn't get any votes at all. lol. Kind of harsh sounding, but I was really curious about that.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

That was me
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• BATTLE COMBINER!

I heard you talking about this a while ago!

Turned out you made it!

REALLY FUN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast