Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    • Imagineer in training
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    202

    Ride closures July 18-21

    Sorry if this is a repeat post (moderators, please merge if needed)

    Does anyone know what was up with all the ride closures July 18-21?

    I was with a few friends, who speculated that the cast members were doing some sort of rotational strike throughout the week. On the Monday, all of a sudden the Matterhorn, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Splash, DRLL all when "down". Not at the same time, mind you. As soon as one opened, another would go down. I saw the DRLL going around empty. Then I was in the Single Rider line for Splash, just about to board, when we were all (rudely) ORDERED to leave.

    Please enlighten me! Thanks!

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: Ride closures July 18-21

    The rides are being stressed quite a bit lately with the thousands of people that are pounding the ride 16 hours a day 7 days a week.

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Within 78 miles of WDW...
    Posts
    8,864

    Re: Ride closures July 18-21

    just a precaution?? It wasn't me... (7/18 was my imagination to reality tour in the morning... couldn't have been me..)

  4. #4

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3

    Re: Ride closures July 18-21

    If the jungle cruise was closed down monday morning the 18th it could possibly been because of me.

  5. #5

    • That's Hawt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    6,989

    Re: Ride closures July 18-21

    Pooh ... whoozie whatsit did u do!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s



  6. #6

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3

    Re: Ride closures July 18-21

    I didn't do anything. The boat I was in kinda derailed, hit some rocks and in the process something came crashing down on the top of my head, which resulted in a trip to the er, 5 stitches to the top of my head, a not so flattering trim of my hair and a minor concussion. And all I was doing was enjoying the ride. Guess I should have chosen a different one.

  7. #7

    • That's Hawt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    6,989

    Re: Ride closures July 18-21

    Quote Originally Posted by poohbear1003
    I didn't do anything. The boat I was in kinda derailed, hit some rocks and in the process something came crashing down on the top of my head, which resulted in a trip to the er, 5 stitches to the top of my head, a not so flattering trim of my hair and a minor concussion. And all I was doing was enjoying the ride. Guess I should have chosen a different one.
    Holy Crap! I hope you are ok!!! At least it wasn't YOUR fault! But im glad you're ok!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s



  8. #8

    •   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    14,570
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Ride closures July 18-21

    5 STITCHES???? no Lelo's?

    Sorry Bad Joke.

    Make Sure your Lawer asks for Free Tickets AND Dinner at Club 33.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

    YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,709

    Re: Ride closures July 18-21

    Kinda derailed?? Hit some rocks?

  10. #10

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3

    Re: Ride closures July 18-21

    Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    5 STITCHES???? no Lelo's?

    Sorry Bad Joke.

    Make Sure your Lawer asks for Free Tickets AND Dinner at Club 33.

    Ok, maybe I'm weird but what are lelo's?

    Oh and sorry, I have no lawyer and don't plan on getting one.

  11. #11

    • Official Mice Chat person
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Ride closures July 18-21

    Wow, you hurt your self that bad on Jungle cruise? How does a boat just De-Rail?

  12. #12

    • Resident Neuroscientist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Posts
    1,143

    Re: Ride closures July 18-21

    Quote Originally Posted by poohbear1003
    Ok, maybe I'm weird but what are lelo's?

    Oh and sorry, I have no lawyer and don't plan on getting one.
    It's supposed to be Lilo...as in Lilo and Stitch. 5 stitches but no Lilo.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!


Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Ride Closures?
    By doombuggy driver in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 10:07 AM
  2. Ride Refurbishments/Closures
    By jacandjan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 05:35 PM
  3. Ride Closures
    By Beatle_johnny in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 08:33 AM
  4. Ride Closures
    By Malin in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 11:26 PM
  5. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 11:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •