Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disney worshipper/geek

Sad Disneyland Hotel party rates?

My mother just got some numbers on how much it would cost to have my graduation party in May at the Disneyland Hotel. $8000. Yes, $8000. Lemme say it again- $8000.

Needless to say, can't do it. Though I'm trying to be grown-up about it, I'm kinda broken-hearted.

Anyone have a party at the Hotel that can help out a bit?

Any connections?

Anything?

My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

Re: Disneyland Hotel party rates?

Really, it's the Disneyland Hotel. It's not like it costs $150 to rent out the Grand Ballroom for a night. Now, if you're going for a proximity to the park thing, the Grand Ballroom at the Anaheim Plaza Suites goes for $1,500-ish. Less for the other ballrooms.

Keep looking around on the internet for Ballrooms near Disneyland, there are several, you just have to know what you're looking for. I vote that you just keep the major money, and have a barbeque at home. Lots of fun, cheap, and you can save the money for a trip to Disney World or something else of a grandiose manner.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    I vote that you just keep the major money, and have a barbeque at home. Lots of fun, cheap, and you can save the money for a trip to Disney World or something else of a grandiose manner.
    I agree with this. Save your money for college, your wedding etc. For my college graduation wew had a huge Luau BBQ at my house and it was tons of fun. With all the money you are saving you can probably hire a DJ and everything, even have the food catered if you want and still pay less than a Grand.
    Last edited by MollyTrolly; 01-16-2008 at 08:14 AM.

A little piece of heaven

$8K is a lot of money. At least if you were getting married you would be able to recover some of the expense. IMO it's not worth it unless you have loads of $$$ to spend on yourself..

• Former Loiterer

We did a client appreciation dinner at DLH earlier last year, and I plan several large events a year, so if you'd like more info, hit me with a PM. There are different minimums that you are required to meet for different spaces. If you really want to have the event at the Resort, try the Paradise Pier Hotel. It's going to be the cheapest of the three hotels, but anywhere you go, events like that will still set you back a pretty penny.

A great alternative is the Jazz Kitchen. They've got the Queen's Room upstairs for smaller events and it's a lovely, private, relatively inexpensive option. I really recommend Jazz Kitchen for events. I've done a corporate Christmas party there and they did a wonderful job!

Like I said, I do several large events a year, so if you have questions, I should be able to steer you in the right direction!

Congratulations on graduation!
    All I needed to know in life, I learned at MiceChat.
    And kindergarten.

• Disney worshipper/geek

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    I agree with this. Save your money for college, your wedding etc. For my college graduation wew had a huge Luau BBQ at my house and it was tons of fun. With all the money you are saving you can probably hire a DJ and everything, even have the food catered if you want and still pay less than a Grand.
    Well, see, the thing is this is as much for my mom as for me. This is the first time in about 18 years that she's not gonna have to put all of her paycheck into tuition. We want it big. My high school graduation was at my aunt's house (we don't do the luau thing).

Although, my mom was so panicked and trying to maintain her cool, that she didn't even think to ask about the Grand Californian. One time we were there and saw a family using the ballroom that we couldn't even figure out how they could afford this blow-out for, I think it was a child's christening or 1st birthday! A college graduation should be worth something, right?
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Banned User

Sure, it would be fun, but that's just how much it is. If everyone could afford it, they couldn't handle the demand. You want to rent the ballroom for how many people? If it's for enough people, you could split the costs if it's everyone's graduation. If it's just for you and a few friends, just get a room there and do it for much cheaper.

• Disney worshipper/geek

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Red View Post
    Sure, it would be fun, but that's just how much it is. If everyone could afford it, they couldn't handle the demand. You want to rent the ballroom for how many people? If it's for enough people, you could split the costs if it's everyone's graduation. If it's just for you and a few friends, just get a room there and do it for much cheaper.
    No, it's my family. No friends in my graduating class except maybe one will be attending.

I might say the count would be over 100 people. My family and my mom is having close friends, and letting my grandparents invite any friends or close family.

I agree that if everyone could afford it, but the family we observed, I just don't see how they had the money either. It was a particularly wild party I'm not used to witnessing in a place like a Disney hotel. I would say where, but that would be considered rude and out of line. The price just really threw us for a loop.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986 View Post
    I agree that if everyone could afford it, but the family we observed, I just don't see how they had the money either.
    How can you possibly know that?
    A signature should go here.

• Disney worshipper/geek

Like I said, I wish I could politely explain, but I live in a nerighborhood that is dominantly the group we observed, we are even the same ethnic group, honestly. Without meaning to sound rude, I see families like this all the time, after a while, you can picke them out the second you see them.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

That does actually come off sounding pretty rude. But then again, I find that tends to happen when you judge people just by looking at them.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Circle of Ancients

I had my Graduation party at my house, my band played and it ROCKED. Everybody had a great time.

And yeah, judging people of a "Certain Ethnic Group" and wondering how they could afford something, or why their party was loud ... WOW.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986 View Post
    Like I said, I wish I could politely explain, but I live in a nerighborhood that is dominantly the group we observed, we are even the same ethnic group, honestly. Without meaning to sound rude, I see families like this all the time, after a while, you can picke them out the second you see them.
    Many families save up to pay for things that are important to them, but just because a family is a specific race or look a certain way, it doesn't always reflect their financial status. Poeple choose to save and spend their hard earned money in different ways.

I hope you are able to find a place to hold your party tthat works for you and your Moms budget.

A little piece of heaven

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

And other people have no problem maxing out their credit cards on ridiculous things, so there's no way to know if someone can afford something or not.

One thing I learned working retail- often times your worst dressed customer has the most money.
    A signature should go here.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    And other people have no problem maxing out their credit cards on ridiculous things, so there's no way to know if someone can afford something or not.

One thing I learned working retail- often times your worst dressed customer has the most money.
    This is a really good point! When I go to buy a car I always dress in baggy shorts and my hair in a pony tail so they can take a bit of pity on me and give me a better deal. Although this probably wouldn't work if I were buying a BMW.

A little piece of heaven

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast