Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Juniper Hills, CA
    Posts
    420

    So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    I was in the park yesterday while my wife was at a conference. The dream squad was handing out passes at the exit of Maliboomer. I asked for one for my wife but they said no, she has to be exiting the ride (even though they had arm loads of them). Maliboomer is one of those rides that will separate many families, so I don't know what happens when a kid win and his parents don't get to stay after with him or her; doesn't seem fair.
    Anyway, I went back on the ride and got another one.

    We didn't go, since we needed to beat traffic home. It really seemed like a pointless prize. There was no one in the park already!!!!

    I went on everything I wanted a couple times in a couple hours. Practically walked on screamin' and soarin'.

    I would love to know how many people actually stayed. (I left at about 2:30 and could not imagine waiting until 6:00!!).

  2. #2

    • Suspended
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    104

    Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post


    We didn't go, since we needed to beat traffic home. It really seemed like a pointless prize. There was no one in the park already!!!!
    It was pointless to you because of your plan to leave early to beat traffic home, but may not be pointless to others who may appreciate the gesture more.

  3. #3

    • Haunted Mansion Lover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Surprise, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    1,278

    Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    I don't think an extra hour in DCA would be quite as nice as an extra hour in DL. We always get to ride everything we want to in DCA even on Christmas day when it was packed. There are not as many attractions so it's not as difficult to do everything that you want.
    Foolish Mortal


  4. #4

    • Hiding in the shadows
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    2,545

    Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    I probably would take the extra hour to photograph areas of the park without any people. I love how DCA in particular looks as the sun is setting and at night and getting empty street shots would be worth the wait.

    And I would probably ride Soaring a few times.

    A little piece of heaven

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Juniper Hills, CA
    Posts
    420

    Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    Quote Originally Posted by mac81962 View Post
    It was pointless to you because of your plan to leave early to beat traffic home, but may not be pointless to others who may appreciate the gesture more.
    Correct, it was pointless to me and my situation and I assume many others at the park yesterday. That's why I'm curious as to how many people stayed. Especially if those that really wanted to couldn't be with the rest of their party because they didn't ride the attraction!

  6. #6

    • Golden State of Mind
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,414

    Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    borrrrrrrrrring
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever



  7. #7

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    But the park was most likely pretty dead yesterday, and I wouldn't imagine the amount of people who got the extra hour was much higher than the people in the park at the 6:00 closing time.

    Thanks for the report. Al had reported the first day for this was yesterday.


  8. #8

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,595

    Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post
    I was in the park yesterday while my wife was at a conference. The dream squad was handing out passes at the exit of Maliboomer. I asked for one for my wife but they said no, she has to be exiting the ride (even though they had arm loads of them). Maliboomer is one of those rides that will separate many families, so I don't know what happens when a kid win and his parents don't get to stay after with him or her; doesn't seem fair.
    Anyway, I went back on the ride and got another one.

    We didn't go, since we needed to beat traffic home. It really seemed like a pointless prize. There was no one in the park already!!!!
    Winning this prize in DCA at least for me would be pointless. As others have said the whole park can be done even on the busiest days. But also I never get the feeling of never wanting to leave the way I do in Disneyland.

    And I cannot believe that they wouldn't extend the prize to your wife. This is one prize that in order for it to work must be extended to all persons in a winner's party. What is the other person supposed to do? Wait in the esplanade while you enjoy your extra hour? And what if the extra person is a minor? Are we supposed to make them wait somewhere by themselves?

    Come on, Disney. Think a little bit here!!!

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Winning this prize in DCA at least for me would be pointless. As others have said the whole park can be done even on the busiest days. But also I never get the feeling of never wanting to leave the way I do in Disneyland.

    And I cannot believe that they wouldn't extend the prize to your wife. This is one prize that in order for it to work must be extended to all persons in a winner's party. What is the other person supposed to do? Wait in the esplanade while you enjoy your extra hour? And what if the extra person is a minor? Are we supposed to make them wait somewhere by themselves?

    Come on, Disney. Think a little bit here!!!
    Yes, you have a point, but where would they draw the line if someone says "well, there are 10 other people in my group but they're not right here with me'.

    Some things just don't work out well in practice and are subject to abuse.

  10. #10

    • Squaw NO gettum firewood!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,069

    Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Yes, you have a point, but where would they draw the line if someone says "well, there are 10 other people in my group but they're not right here with me'.

    Some things just don't work out well in practice and are subject to abuse.

    It happens all the time. If you go to Guest Relations and explain the situation, and can tell them exactly when and where you got YOUR pass (ears, fastpass, lanyard, etc.), they will contact the Dream Squad and try to get you whatever it is for the rest of the party. To a point. They can't help you if you were one of a Magic Music days group and you want fastpasses for the rest of your high school. But "mom was in the bathroom" can usually be resolved.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney


  11. #11

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,007
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    I agree that the prize should extend to all members of the party.

    As for the three people who actually stayed, I'm sure they had a great time.

  12. #12

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    Well, when giving them at the exit of a ride like Maliboomer, your going to have split-up families. Not the best idea.

    How about having them at the exit of the Animation building, Carousel, Monsters, etc. Rides that don't split families up.

    Solves that problem.


  13. #13

    • For You!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    So, did you give away your extra hour passes? Personally, I love DCA and would like to have spent an extra hour by myself!

    But, I agree, it would be tough if the whole family couldn't stay with you.

    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, California, United States
    Posts
    667

    Thumbs down Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    Yet another MiceChatter/AP who complains when they get something totally for free. What a surprise.

    I'd love an extra hour and I'm SO glad I didn't have parents/friends like you who want to "beat the traffic" to leave. When I go to the park we just hang around the area (get dinner or something) until around 8pm, not too late, but still after the traffic rush- even if DCA closes at 6.
    -Wes

  15. #15

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,911

    Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    Yet another MiceChatter/AP who complains when they get something totally for *free*. Surprise. Surprise.
    Where do you get complaining? He didn't use the pass because he couldn't get one for his wife. My goodness, if you always complain about complainers you are in similar company.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone get the Extra Hour Dream Last night 1/29? (Merged)
    By GhostHost in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 07:11 AM
  2. Extra Magic or Extra Crowded?
    By ld2 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 01:27 PM
  3. Extra Magic Hour
    By SummerInFL in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 10:28 PM
  4. First RUSH HOUR 3, now this....
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 04:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •