Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Missing DL like crazy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The IE, CA
    Posts
    28

    Am I just imagining this?

    So I was in DL last Thursday and I saw something unusual and I hope that someone can confirm or explain just exactly what it was that I saw.

    I was on the DLR and just before we passed the "Festival of Fools" area, there is a platform with a dog house on it and other stuff I can't remember. Well just before this platform, beyond the fence, I notice 2 or 3 mannequin heads laying scattered on the floor. What's up with that? I'm sure this is not part of the show as they were beyond the fence but they are definitely viewable by the public (albeit for just a few seconds).

    Does anybody know what these are or why they're there? Are they extra parts from the "Native American Village Scene" you can see on the River? But why would they be there just scattered on the floor? It was weird, like I had just seen the aftermath of a massacre... okay, I'm being dramatic but it definitely made me think "What the heck was that?" I'm sure I'm not the only one who's seen it.

    So what do you guys think?
    I've seen the cursed treasure and I know where it be hidden...

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWench View Post
    So I was in DL last Thursday and I saw something unusual and I hope that someone can confirm or explain just exactly what it was that I saw.

    I was on the DLR and just before we passed the "Festival of Fools" area, there is a platform with a dog house on it and other stuff I can't remember. Well just before this platform, beyond the fence, I notice 2 or 3 mannequin heads laying scattered on the floor. What's up with that? I'm sure this is not part of the show as they were beyond the fence but they are definitely viewable by the public (albeit for just a few seconds).

    Does anybody know what these are or why they're there? Are they extra parts from the "Native American Village Scene" you can see on the River? But why would they be there just scattered on the floor? It was weird, like I had just seen the aftermath of a massacre... okay, I'm being dramatic but it definitely made me think "What the heck was that?" I'm sure I'm not the only one who's seen it.

    So what do you guys think?
    Just another Cast Member motivation idea they're working on.

  3. #3

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    Huh, how weird...


  4. #4

    • I'm not really here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Too Far From Disneyland
    Posts
    11,241

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    Those have been there since at least Christmas 2003. That was the first time I had been to the resort since 98. If you notice, the dog house has the name "Indiana" on it. This makes me think that they are there on purpose. There is a similar little "prop" area just before you go into the tunnel right before NOS station.

    Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,370

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    Indiana is Steven Spielbergs dog's name and also where Indy got his name from.
    Not sure about the mannequins though.

  6. #6

    • Missing DL like crazy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The IE, CA
    Posts
    28

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Those have been there since at least Christmas 2003. That was the first time I had been to the resort since 98. If you notice, the dog house has the name "Indiana" on it. This makes me think that they are there on purpose. There is a similar little "prop" area just before you go into the tunnel right before NOS station.

    Do you mean the dog killed the people and left the heads? I don't get it.
    I know about the prop area before NOS station but aren't those big heads like masks for Mardi Gras? Those I get.
    I've seen the cursed treasure and I know where it be hidden...

  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,061

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    You reminded me, I noticed this last time I rode in the caboose! I looked at my sister and she said, "Did you just see what I saw?"



    We were going to go around again so we could see it (and we had the caboose to ourselves, yay) but...we didn't.


  8. #8

    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    14,688

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    I have seen them. I just can't remember what their past is. When I last saw them from DLRR they were set to look like heads sticking out of the ground. Perhaps the Indians are not as friendly as we have been led to beleive. Or perhaps this is how Disney handles shoplifters, now if they would only do the same with people who let members of their group join the queue late.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

  9. #9

    • I'm not really here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Too Far From Disneyland
    Posts
    11,241

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    I think mousechild is on to something here... this could be where Disney "offenders" go to die and serve as a warning to others

    Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

  10. #10

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    38,028

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I think mousechild is on to something here... this could be where Disney "offenders" go to die and serve as a warning to others
    So that is the infamous Disney Jail we've heard of. Rather stiff sentence.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Carmichael, California, United States
    Posts
    748

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    Anyone have a picture?-- I'm not remembering it.
    or rather--can anyone GET a picture like tomorrow when you're there tomorrow.
    Oh you KNOW you're going--so just get the picture.

  12. #12

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    Rather stiff sentence.
    Only for the first 72 hours or so. ::realizes he hasn't watched CSI in a while::


  13. #13

    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    14,688

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    Anyone have a picture?-- I'm not remembering it.
    or rather--can anyone GET a picture like tomorrow when you're there tomorrow.
    Oh you KNOW you're going--so just get the picture.
    Getting a picture is hard. The train is moving, there is a lot of foliage between you and the heads and it visible only for a couple of seconds. I tried very hard to get a clear shot. Does anybody need photos of blurry trees?
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

  14. #14

    • I'm wishing
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Royal and Orleans
    Posts
    503

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    You didn't happen to see a goat or dog back there, did you??

    If so I say we do a rescue mission!

  15. #15

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Am I just imagining this?

    I'm pretty sure there used to be two indian settlements along the RoA- one inhabited by friendly indians (the one we still have), and one that had not-so-friendly indians (now gone). Maybe these are remnants of the "unfriendly" indians?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Re-Imagining Frontierland
    By Wotan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 07:03 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 10:43 AM
  3. The Bob's Re-imagining of DCA
    By THE BOB in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 07:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •