Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question swan boat ride at DL?

hey everyone!

my husband and i were talking about rides we remember. he brought up a ride(?) called the swan boat ride. he remembers it being where the old motor boat cruise ride was at. he remembers there being swan boats you paddled/cycled around the area.

we've tried looking up pictures of the area, but can't find any.

would anyone have any pictures of the area, or know where to look up the information?

thanks in advance!!

Re: swan boat ride at DL?

Were you thinking of the paddle boats that used to be in the old Disneyland Hotel "marina"?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Werner might be right. I seem to remember paddle boats similar to what you were describing. Although I don't remember them ever being at Disneyland.

It may have been a place that is no longer around like the Japanese Deer Park or Busch Gardens.

There was something like that at Magic Kingdom Park, I don't remember anything like that at Disneyland.

• i need Disneyland!

I DO! I remember them being by Disneyland hotel (or possibly part of the hotel). They were swan or regular paddle boats! I remember doing them right after a character breakfast! No pictures from that day though, at least I don't think.. but if I find any, I shall post 'em up!
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

I thought I was holding it correctly.

• i need Disneyland!

Oh if I'm wrong, because I was like 6 or younger when this happened, let me know! I don't wanna get old and give out wrong information to my grand kids.. =P
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

• Shubisha

basically the entire area inside of the 3 towers, where the neverland pool is now and the grassy area etc, used to be a water lagoon area and it had those paddleboats on them. They also had swan boat rides throughout the moat around the hub at Magic Kingdom at WDW.

• Minion

The Disneyland hotel looks much nicer back then!
    Jeff Wayne

• Shubisha

Paddleboats, underwater arcade, remote control boats, remote control racecars, olympic size pool, walk-thru gardens, goofy's kitchen sold full-sized mickey waffles instead of mini ones, neon cactus with karaoke nights, an awesome disney souvenier store, an awesome gift shop, the monorail cafe open late, fantasy waters, blablablablabla I miss it. It was my favorite part about going to disneyland when I was little.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Paddleboats, underwater arcade, remote control boats, remote control racecars, olympic size pool, walk-thru gardens, goofy's kitchen sold full-sized mickey waffles instead of mini ones, neon cactus with karaoke nights, an awesome disney souvenier store, an awesome gift shop, the monorail cafe open late, fantasy waters, blablablablabla I miss it. It was my favorite part about going to disneyland when I was little.
    Not to derail this thread, but if you miss the old Disneyland Hotel, you may want to have a look at this thread I posted awhile back. It's got lots of pics of the Hotel in 1979.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...4.html?t=30114

• Shubisha

Great shot of the lagoon. I still wish we could find one of the arcade and the entrance to the arcade just for the sake of it(don't really think it existed in 1979 when those pictures were taken.. I imagine the room was there already but used for something else like storage maybe).

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

They still have the remote control boats there. Unless they recently removed them. If they did that would be terrible. I used to take my 9 year old there all the time when he was a toddler just to drive the boats.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

You mean the arcade is gone?
    I only got to go in it once, but I thought it was so cool that I was underground, and under water.

I never knew there were paddleboats, though. Very interesting, indeed.

• i need Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    basically the entire area inside of the 3 towers, where the neverland pool is now and the grassy area etc, used to be a water lagoon area and it had those paddleboats on them. They also had swan boat rides throughout the moat around the hub at Magic Kingdom at WDW.

YESS! I knew I wasn't crazy!!! WOO! I'm showing this to my significant other ASAP! THANK YOU THANK YOU!
    -Walt Disney

• Fairies and Mermaids!

I remember that too! That and going into the arcade and watching my aunt play the Tron video game. Oh, good times!

Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast