Is it confirmed PoTC will be closed in October?

I've tried to find information on this but have pretty much come up with nothing.I was wondering if anyone here knows if Pirates will in fact be closed in October for this refurbish/update whatever they have planned? I am going to DLR for 2-3 days in October and am hoping PoTC will be open but if it in fact will not be,I kinda want to be prepared for that...

• Closet DLR fan

Re: Is it confirmed PoTC will be closed in October?

From MousePlanet's weekly DLR park update:
    "Pirates of the Caribbean: closed October 3 through December 13 (this closure does not have an official announcement supporting it; it should be taken as strong rumor and not certain fact). New rumors say that this refurbishment may be pushed out to early 2006 and be as long as four months. As soon as anything is confirmed, we'll say so."

But hey, if you go in October, you'll get to see Haunted Mansion Holiday!

• Again! Again! Again!

I was under the impression that that it was going down after the first of the year. They decided that it was going to be down longer(like 4 months) and they wanted it "premiere" its reopening with the Tower and it's new drop sequence, and Rock It Mountain. I thought I read that on Al's update. But I could be wrong.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Guilty!

It's closing March-June 2006.

• out & about

I thought they werent doing Haunted Mansion Holiday this year! And when POTC does go into refurb. are they adding/changing anything in pirates or just fixing the things that have gone bad?
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

@WRDinc

• Puppy Cuddles

Why would they close it in the middle of the 50th? THat just seems liek extremely poor planning. Although it's obvious that no one's really sure of the time it's gonna go down...
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Misses Disneyland

It does seem like bad planning but remember Matt has only been there a short time and everything is getting fixed little by little. No offence to you pirate lovers out there but that ride bores me to sleep, literally.

Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

I see noithing wrong with repairing that which needs it, and better yet, performing Preventive Maintenance to keep everything running as it should. Time cannot stand still for the 50th, scheduled maintenance still has to be done.

• Minion

Welcome Jack Sparrow. . .

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney
    I see noithing wrong with repairing that which needs it, and better yet, performing Preventive Maintenance to keep everything running as it should. Time cannot stand still for the 50th, scheduled maintenance still has to be done.
    I agree with this 100%. As much as I hate seeing POTC go down(my youngest son will ride it all day long )I much prefer seeing preventive mainenance be done.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• FastPass n00b

Not to mention that they are supposedly doing it in the off-season. The 50th may be an 18-month long celebration, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have an off-season and rides that need to be refurbished.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

HMH is confirmed to be coming back (you can check Disneyland's website and the refurb is already added to the calendar)

There is nothing wrong with maintenence/ refurbishment. As the Pressler era has taught us, it is a very necesicary part of running a theme park. As a child, we came to the park expecting rides to be closed- its part of the business.

The details of the refurb have not been released, but Al has hinted at something better that just a few AA's. I look forward to the results.......

• Banned User

upgrade a few AAs.... Replace a few things in the roof... Make the ride more exciting...
    Add a photo spot to the ride.. LOL

• LoisAlene

From RideRefurbs.com

Note from the web-master: There is a rumor circulating that Pirates of the Caribbean will be closing this Fall for refurbishment. This has been investigated and as far as sources can tell, is not happening. If information changes, it will be posted here. Please check back regularly.

(There seems to be a lot of "we don't know for sure" about this issue)

I told hubby if they are closing it on Oct. 3, we will be attending gay days like it or lump it. I need to ride Pirates! It's been almost 13 years!!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse