Thread: Horizons 2.0?

• Fancy that...

Horizons 2.0?

Who would like to see a ride similar to Horizons in Tommorowland? It could go in were Pizza Port is now or even replace innoventions. (for anyone who is unfamiliar to Horizons it was a ride in EPCOT that got replaced by Mission Space, here's a video.. it's very cool http://youtube.com/watch?v=1QPmCvQHFZU) It would be different that instead of the desert ending choice there would be an EPCOT ending choice. I don't mean the theme park though, I mean the city Walt Disney had planned...

would this be cool?

• I'm a fiddle player......

Re: Horizons 2.0?

No thanks......lets get some original ideas into dl. plus hasnt horizons been closed for some time at wdw?

Blog Entries

Yes, its been closed for some time and EPCOT Center has never been the same. Yes it had gotten a bit outdated, and yes it needed a good refurb to bring it up to date (as all rides that deal with the future do), but it didn't need to be closed and turned into Vomit Space.

I would love to see an updated Horizons somewhere, someday. I doubt that building would be big enough to house the huge attraction that Horizons was however.

• Progressive Disneylander

I'm in. Horizons was one of my all-time favorite attractions and since it really was a sequel to the Carousel of Progress (which has been missing from DL for a while), it would be fitting to have an attraction that is edu-tainment again in Tomorrowland. Innoventions, I suppose, is there to serve as that edu-tainment component of TL, but it's not actually entertaining.

I'm not up for getting rid of Pizza Port, though. Not only do I like it, but I also don't want one less choice of somewhere to eat in the park -- especially one that doesn't feature burgers!

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    Who would like to see a ride similar to Horizons in Tommorowland?

would this be cool?
    OK to be a bit rude....did you ever even ride Horizons? I mean to the point where you could remember it. You are 14!!!!! It closed in 1999 you were 5!!!!!!

The problem with everyone that LOVES to bring up these great ideas about past attractions is most never made it on there other then once or twice. The reasons they remove attractions is because no one went on them and they were out of date. Horizons and ATIS seem to be two that get brought up all the time....these attractions were closed because low attendance. They were both amazing attractions in their prime, but I know I never saw either with more then a 10 minute wait during the busy days. That is not saying we should get rid of everything that is old and has no wait, but why bring things back for what I call a nostalgia rush for a few months? Then they go back to having no wait and no one visits them? So my answer to your question.... no it would not be cool!
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    OK to be a bit rude....did you ever even ride Horizons? I mean to the point where you could remember it. You are 14!!!!! It closed in 1999 you were 5!!!!!!

The problem with everyone that LOVES to bring up these great ideas about past attractions is most never made it on there other then once or twice. The reasons they remove attractions is because no one went on them and they were out of date. Horizons and ATIS seem to be two that get brought up all the time....these attractions were closed because low attendance. They were both amazing attractions in their prime, but I know I never saw either with more then a 10 minute wait during the busy days. That is not saying we should get rid of everything that is old and has no wait, but why bring things back for what I call a nostalgia rush for a few months? Then they go back to having no wait and no one visits them? So my answer to your question.... no it would not be cool!

That's why refreshening is needed, not tearing out of old attractions to put in spin'n'puke rides

• Fancy that...

people who say no to this, just know it would be different.. realy, It's just the idea of seeing the future and choosing your own. And yeah, i'm 14, and I might of just seen a video of it online, but all I would want to see would be something like it, meaning that I don't want to resurect every scene from some warehouse ,bring it to Disneyland, and put it back together,.. cause that would be a step backward. All I ask for is a ride that is actualy futuristic in Tomorrowland- jeesh

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    I'm in. Horizons was one of my all-time favorite attractions and since it really was a sequel to the Carousel of Progress (which has been missing from DL for a while), it would be fitting to have an attraction that is edu-tainment again in Tomorrowland. Innoventions, I suppose, is there to serve as that edu-tainment component of TL, but it's not actually entertaining.

I'm not up for getting rid of Pizza Port, though. Not only do I like it, but I also don't want one less choice of somewhere to eat in the park -- especially one that doesn't feature burgers!
    oh, sorry.. I forgot to mention that in my idea Pizza port could be moved to the vaccant upstairs of the Starcade, I too enjoy Pizza Port