Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Re: Hoping Jay Rasulo goes the way of Eisner...

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    Lets also remember that none of us know who is doing their job well and who is basically drinking their lunch at their desk.
    Speaking for myself personally, I thank God everyday that this principle still holds true.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Speaking for myself personally, I thank God everyday that this principle still holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Have you seen the line for the Monorail when they're running two trains?

It depends on when and where. I've seen the line at DTD go down the stairs and out in front of Rainforest when hopeful hotel guests, who were TOLD that they could catch the monorail there, show up only to be told it will be another 45 minutes while they bring on Purple. Or worse yet, Purple is DOWN, which seems to happen every other day, and then the lines are ridiculous. Which is EXACTLY Al's point. When BOTH are working on a non crowded day, or during non peak times (i.e. at the beginning or at the end of the day), I will concede that three trains is no big deal. But that is hardly the case any more. When one DOES go down, there IS no other train to bring on.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    And until Al posted his article, have you ever heard ONE complaint that the line for the Monorail was too long and out of control?

Absolutely. I've stood in that 30 to 40 minute line at the end of a long day, and it's a royal pain in the butt. I have no idea what the delays were about, but when the delay stretches on and on, it stinks. And I don't know WHERE you are getting your 10 to 15 minute estimate. You're assuming that you make it on to the FIRST train you are waiting for. Try this on a crowded day. Good luck. By the time the second train has arrived, you've been there at LEAST 30 minutes. I've seen the line go right down that ramp and spill out in front of Nemo. A third train would be nice, and a fourth, to use as back up, would be even nicer. And going back to those hotel guests....you're going to tell me, even with two trains running, that the wait time at 9am at DTD during the Summer is ten minutes? Seriously?

Not saying that this is typical, but here's a lovely shot from last Sept 14:

10 minutes? I don't think so.

In a land where wait times average 60 minutes, waiting 10 minutes is nothing.
    Unless, of course, you are sucking bodies off of the street and bringing DOWN those other wait times with a ride that people will get on just to rest their tired feet and to get a different view of the resort. But if you're trying to get back to the hotel after the end of a long day, 30 minutes is insane. And I've seen it be at LEAST that long on crowded days, especially during peak times.

Again..your argument is based on TWO working trains. Not one.

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    I have - I'll have to go search for the post, but it was about a month ago in regards to a comment WALT made to Cicely Rigdon in the 60's. He was furious to see that they were running 2 monorails and demanded of Cicely "where's monorail yellow?". When she responded that she was a tour guide and had no idea, but would assume that since it wasn't very busy that day, they didn't need one, he yelled at her that busy wasn't the point and told her to make calls to get it on the tracks immediately.

I see your point, except that they are NOT investing the funds somewhere where they would have more of an impact. They aren't spending them to raise CM pay or to fix Tomorrowland - they're spending it on plastic clouds and weird looking gold stars to plaster on everything to promote a marketing campaign to people who are already IN the parks and STILL don't get what it is.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 01-18-2008 at 04:01 PM.

• Minion

ORDDU: Oh, we don't mind being called witches--since we ARE witches. As for making comparisons between one's enjoyment of Disney versus one's having to pay taxes because of the country they live in--fo'c's'le swab--is missing the point. While it's true there are glaring differences, there are also glaring similarities. The main point being that--regardless of WHAT one is complaining about--the worst way to lose is to turn your back on the idea of pointing out various flaws in order to make the object of your compalint better. We actually read you quite well, whether or not you care to admit it. Anyone who defends mediocrity deserves to be labeled as such and this coven doesn't back down so easily on that point as some might prefer. If we did back down, THAT is when we would become hypocrites.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: ... Anyone who defends mediocrity deserves to be labeled as such and this coven doesn't back down so easily on that point as some might prefer. If we did back down, THAT is when we would become hypocrites.
    *Sigh*--YOU brought up the poorly-crafted analogy of comparing DL to the Nation one lives in, and the whole argument is beside the point in any case, as it has nothing to do with you calling Liver, or anyone else you feel 'deserves it', a "DOM".

In addition, backing down does not make one a hypocrite; being equally guilty of offenses we enthusiastically criticise others for makes one a hypocrite. Some seem to have very high standards but only as they apply to others.

• Minion

ORDDU: No, we weren't really trying to compare Disneyand to a Nation. We were comparing an IDEA or METHOD of what to do when you see problems that need to be dealt with--regardless of whether or not you're defending a country or a theme park. There is a solid pricipal involved that applies to how to deal with such problems. You seem to want to link the more serious problems of a Nation to the theme park aspect--not us.

ORWEN: Anyway, if somebody talks like a Defender of Mediocrity and squawks like a Defender of Mediocrity, then they ARE a Defender of Mediocrity.

•   

ORDDU: No, we weren't really trying to compare Disneyand to a Nation. We were comparing an IDEA or METHOD of what to do when you see problems that need to be dealt with--regardless of whether or not you're defending a country or a theme park. There is a solid pricipal involved that applies to how to deal with such problems. You seem to want to link the more serious problems of a Nation to the theme park aspect--not us.
    It is faulty logic, regardless of the principles you were attempting to outline. Unsound foundations do not support sound logic.
    ORWEN: Anyway, if somebody talks like a Defender of Mediocrity and squawks like a Defender of Mediocrity, then they ARE a Defender of Mediocrity
    You own ducks, don't you, duckling?

• Minion

ORDDU: Of course unsound foundations do not support sound logic. At least we agee on that. We're great supporters of sound logic and if you're implying that we don't have sound logic, here, we have to tell you that you're coming across to us the same way. But it's okay to disagree agreeably.

ORWEN: No, we don't own any ducks. We don't need to because there are so many sweet little ducklings to play with here! So we come to meet with them all the time!

ORGOCH: Got duck feed?

ORWEN: Anyway, if somebody talks like a Defender of Mediocrity and squawks like a Defender of Mediocrity, then they ARE a Defender of Mediocrity.
    As a third party to this let me say that the Witches crafted the analogy so they indeed made the link. If they wish to now acknowledge that the linkage is bad they should acknowledge that they made a bad analogy and move on.

The problem with the whole DoM tag is that each and everyone of us is a DoM when we spend our money at a park we think is poorly run. The quickest way to get attention and money spent on the park is to stop attending the park en masse. This principle is working for DCA. If you attend the park you are voting with your wallet that the park is good enough and you send that message to management. I cannot think of a better definition for DoM. That said I reiterate that IMHO each and everyone of us is by this definition a DoM at some level.

I await the thrashing.

• Minion

There definately needs to be four monorails, with three running at all times. There should also be 4 rafts to Tom Sawyer's Island, so we don't have another incident like we did last Sunday. That makes everything better for the guests. I wouldn't wait 30 minutes for a monorail. I can get on POTC and the HM in less than 15 minutes usually. The only rides that have 60 minute waits regularly are Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain, FNSV, and Splash Mountain. Plus Peter Pan and Roger usually have 40-50 minute waits. Everything else I can usually get on in 30 minutes or less, and yes, I am talking about summertime.
    Disneyland is not a "land of 60 minute waits," and if there is a 60 minute wait I will get a Fastpass if available or go at the end of the day.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    As a third party to this let me say that the Witches crafted the analogy so they indeed made the link. If they wish to now acknowledge that the linkage is bad they should acknowledge that they made a bad analogy and move on.

The problem with the whole DoM tag is that each and everyone of us is a DoM when we spend our money at a park we think is poorly run. The quickest way to get attention and money spent on the park is to stop attending the park en masse. This principle is working for DCA. If you attend the park you are voting with your wallet that the park is good enough and you send that message to management. I cannot think of a better definition for DoM. That said I reiterate that IMHO each and everyone of us is by this definition a DoM at some level.

I await the thrashing.
    *Raises hand*

Okay...I'm a DOM, but only on Tuesdays between the hours of 3 and 5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    There definately needs to be four monorails, with three running at all times. There should also be 4 rafts to Tom Sawyer's Island, so we don't have another incident like we did last Sunday. That makes everything better for the guests. I wouldn't wait 30 minutes for a monorail. I can get on POTC and the HM in less than 15 minutes usually. The only rides that have 60 minute waits regularly are Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain, FNSV, and Splash Mountain. Plus Peter Pan and Roger usually have 40-50 minute waits. Everything else I can usually get on in 30 minutes or less, and yes, I am talking about summertime.
    Disneyland is not a "land of 60 minute waits," and if there is a 60 minute wait I will get a Fastpass if available or go at the end of the day.
    Word. *Gives high five to Ghosthost2*

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm going to chime in. While you all know I go to Disneyland a lot, I complain a lot too. Fact is, as many faults we talk about on MiceChat, it still doesn't compare to the other options available.

I'd have the same feeling about Knotts but they have ripped out almost every chilhood memory possible. So while I complain about decisions Disneyland makes, I know it's way ahead of every other game in town.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'm going to chime in. While you all know I go to Disneyland a lot, I complain a lot too. Fact is, as many faults we talk about on MiceChat, it still doesn't compare to the other options available.

I'd have the same feeling about Knotts but they have ripped out almost every chilhood memory possible. So while I complain about decisions Disneyland makes, I know it's way ahead of every other game in town.
    I agree with this completely.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post

Yes, like all of us who freely and eagerly give our money to DLR, we are responsible for supporting poor corporate decision-making, and a management regime that some of us disapprove of. Fine. When we somehow act as if there are two camps: the DOMs who are ruining the Park, and the DL Faithful who 'fight the good fight', it irritates me a little. Hypocritical, IMO.

• Minion

ORDDU: Yes, Disneyland IS still the best theme park around and that's why so many are so willing to defend it from the likes of Jay Rasulo--or anyone else who seems ready to threaten it. As for your inability to interpret our earlier comments the way we intended, mousechild, we are sorry. Sometimes when trying to illustrate a point, it's all too easy for one individual to get distracted by ONE aspect of what has been said, and then end up misinterpretting the larger point that was being made. It happens all the time. Then, too, you have to take into consideration that some individuals go out of their way to misinterpret the intended point in order to confuse the issue for their own reasons. When that happens, it's their own fault because they don't really want to understand or get to the truth of the matter.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast