Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The DCA portion of the 2fer are showing up on eBay, just $5 each

Well, the "second" day of the 2fer tickets are starting to show up on eBay...

So this family bought 4 2fer tickets and spent the day in Disneyland, and instead of going back to DCA on another day, has decided to try and sell them on eBay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/california-adventure-2-fer-ticket-good-until-2-9-08_W0QQitemZ290198405493QQihZ019QQcategoryZ16071QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$20 for 4 tickets, that is $5 each....

FYI, this auction is against Disney rules, as they claim that these tickets are non-transferable...

But interesting to see what the free market thinks DCA is worth currently...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: The DCA portion of the 2fer are showing up on eBay, just $5 each

Pretty scary. It's amazing how you have seen a lot of "DCA needs help" threads, but this is consumer proof not just MiceChat ranting. Wow, $5 bucks will get you 2 rides at the OC fair if you are lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Well, the "second" day of the 2fer tickets are starting to show up on eBay...

So this family bought 4 2fer tickets and spent the day in Disneyland, and instead of going back to DCA on another day, has decided to try and sell them on eBay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/california-adventure-2-fer-ticket-good-until-2-9-08_W0QQitemZ290198405493QQihZ019QQcategoryZ16071QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$20 for 4 tickets, that is $5 each....

FYI, this auction is against Disney rules, as they claim that these tickets are non-transferable...

But interesting to see what the free market thinks DCA is worth currently...
    starting bid is $20 may go for more than that.
    Janette

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Did you hear about what happened at the first "After Hour" Dream event at DCA Tuesday night.

They handed out 2,000 lanyards that afternoon, about 1,300 showed up at the Backlot Stage at 6 PM, and were entertained for 30 minutes, and then sent to the park for 1 extra hour with most attractions open. Well, 600 (about half) left right away, and didn't bother to ride anything.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    starting bid is $20 may go for more than that.
    Well, there is just 1 day (24 hours) left to go, maybe nobody will even bid at all.... The link is there, so check back and see what the final outcome is....

• no flash photography...

Did you hear about what happened at the first "After Hour" Dream event at DCA Tuesday night.

They handed out 2,000 lanyards that afternoon, about 1,300 showed up at the Backlot Stage at 6 PM, and were entertained for 30 minutes, and then sent to the park for 1 extra hour with most attractions open. Well, 600 (about half) left right away, and didn't bother to ride anything.
    well, IMO that is a pretty lame prize. I wouldn't even stay in DL for that.

LOL. When I read this, it actually made me laugh out loud. $5 for anything Disney related??? I think that is a good price...I would do it if I wanted another day at the park and had spent the days on a hopper.

As for the after hours prize, being that it is DCA and they are giving it out on weekdays I don't know if they will ever max out the attendance. Personally, I think it is a cool prize. I love being in the parks when there are little to no people and there are several attractions I would visit. But more than anything, I may just sit and enjoy the park being almost completely empty. That is cool to me. But I just love the feeling of Disneyland and anything related...

• The one, the only...

I guess I am not surprised. DCA is just not as pleasant to see or enjoy as Disneyland. On cold, winter days, DCA is just unpleasant to be there, especially when there is only a small number of guests there. It feels like a ghost town, with that errie feeling that something is not right. For kids it is downright scary.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Hiding in the shadows

WHo would buy those, even someone who loves DCA? COme on kids we are going to DCA for the day. They show up, the kids stare over at DL...seriously.

A little piece of heaven

• Banned User

Has anyone ever had or seen these 2fer tickets? Is there anything printed on them that may indicate who the original purchaser was, like a zip code or anything? This would be a good way for a family to parkhop, without having to get the parkhopper passes.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

I had a guest come into the GR Lobby in DCA a few days ago and hand me her tickets and ask "I just want to make sure these are OK. They're for 3 days, but the date on the back says must be used by today, so am I still OK for the next two days?" Well, I looked at them and they were CITYPASS tickets. I asked if she had the Citypass booklets and she said no, and seemed very confused about booklets at all. After a few prying questions I got her to admit she had bought them from someone in the Esplanade. THAT person had used all 3 days of the ticket (the 3rd being THAT day) and then sold them in the Esplanade at a 3 day hopper price. Luckily, the woman and her family got past the gate without being asked for a handstamp, so they got in for the rest of that 3rd day (at DCA, for an hour), but then she unfortunately came to us and we had to confiscate her tickets, which weren't good anyways.

In the end, she paid $170/each for 6 three-day tickets, and got 1 hour at DCA.

Bottom line: don't buy tickets from places like eBay or the Esplanade. You'll get screwed and there's nothing we can do for you.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Mickey Mouse Slave

awww poor DCA, i still love you!
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

wow RumRunner, that's one frightening horror story, I'll make sure to not trust any scalpers - anywhere.... ever

Duffy, I'm with you, I still love the misfit park

• Minion

Did you actually go on Tuesday? Because I was there, the park was dead. Most of the people that were in the park probably were able to do everything in the time DCA opend to its closing. I'm surprised that many people did stay.
    Jeff Wayne

hearing about half the people leaving is kinda sad, but it shows what people actually think about the park. i think i'd have fun with an extra hour in DCA. i'd go back to bugs land and ride those rides (wouldn't have to worry about many kids in the area), and then ride soarin over and over until they kicked us out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast