• Sock Puppet

Beating the post-trip blues

Hey everyone! I'm sort of new to the MC community and was wondering if anyone had any advice.

I'll be making my birthday trip to DL in a few weeks. While I am very excited for this little getaway, I'm kind of worried that it will be a huge let down coming home and getting back into the usual routine. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but I usually feel really bummed out once my DL vacation is over.

Any tips on how to beat the post-trip blues??

• =)

Re: Beating the post-trip blues

Ah, yes, the post-Disneyland blues. I remember ever-so-fondly the feeling of coming back from a three-day family trip to the park in fifth grade--it had been quite a treat, and I was so overwhelmed by missing the park that I had to call my mom from school in tears. I'm not even joking.

So yeah...call mommy. Anyway, I find that there's no way to make the post-trip blues go away. And honestly, do you really want them to go away? I tell myself I want them to, but honestly, I think we all crave that nostalgia a little. It's fun to review photos or listen to Disneyland music. It may not help you recover more quickly, so to speak, but at least you can focus on the "sweet" part of "bittersweet."

And welcome to Micechat!

• Minion

Well, once I get my undergraduate degree in May 2009, I am moving to the LA area, so I can pernamently beat the Disneyland blues.

• Mischievous Mouse

Welcome to MC.

I'm sure there may be better ways, but first, I go for 8 days, that way, I'm better adjusted to leave. Not ready to, mind you, just better adjusted.

I take an OBSCENE amount of pictures and video, yes, to the point were my family is ready to ring my neck, it's a sickness.. I think.

So when I get home, I have so many pictures, it literally takes me days to go through them all create slide shows, emails, etc., and the video needs to be burned to DVD's.

This time it will even be easier to come home, 'cause I found MC, and there is folks here that periodically posting TR's and photo's as I will when I return...
    -bottom-line, you're body has to leave the park, your mind can be there everyday!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

i got home from my trip january 4 and i just listen to my disneyland CD over and over and over and over again....

I spend all my time reading posts on MiceChat.

Quote Originally Posted by partofyourworld16 View Post
    I'm kind of worried that it will be a huge let down coming home and getting back into the usual routine. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but I usually feel really bummed out once my DL vacation is over.

Any tips on how to beat the post-trip blues??
    Buy a new car? That's the only thing that would make me happy right now, after the post-Holiday blues I'm going through.

It's difficult. My Christmas/Disney vacation was so expensive, that by January (for me) all the money's gone....

What I'm gonna try to do for next year is put away a little extra money as an "After-Holiday" fund, maybe hold back a little something for after the Holidays when I need it most.

Maybe you could look forward to Easter? Easter comes early this year. The third week in March, I think.

Unfortunately, I hate Easter.

It's not Christmas.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    I spend all my time reading posts on MiceChat.
    Word.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

I think politics is providing a good distraction these days.

Hillary's wacky adventures and all the other nonsense going on with the Election. And, it's only going to get more bizarre in the days, months, ahead.

Kind of takes your mind off of the after-trip doldrums.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

I spend all my time reading posts on MiceChat
    thats what helped me when i couldn't go
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Disney Starved in AZ

reading Micechat, plus other sites with regular photo updates and information help greatly!

and I made myself a Disney room in my house - it took 7 years and several thousand dollars to do it, but I have a room full of Disney souvenirs so I can go and submerge myself in Disney anytime I need to!

Best thing I can think of is to take lots of pictures. One fun thing to do is bring a disposable camera and hand that one to some complete (but friendly) stranger to have them snap your photo and then snap a photo of them after they have taken your photo. You then have photos of you and some of the cool people you met on your trip.

You can also start planning your next trip to see the things you missed or want to see again or do differently.