• AKA - DisneyChris

"Show Biz Is" Forgotton???

Hey everyone. Question... Does anyone know the approximate dates in which the live show "Showbiz Is" ran at Disneyland? I cant find any reference to it anywhere on the web. All the chronilogical lists of Disneyland history seem to have omitted it. This is odd, because I know the show ran for several years. If someone could help me out, it would be very appreciated, and if anyone knows of any other lesser known live shows from the past, and their dates, please fill me in as well. I will post a complete list of Dsneyland live shows events and parades for everyone to see once I feel my list is complete. Thanks

• Mousketeer

Re: "Show Biz Is" Forgotton???

"Show Biz Is, a hundred people laughing, Show biz is a smile on parade..." or something like that.

I remember the show well. have talked about it here in several posts. Loved it. It played at the old Space Stage which was in what became the captain EO/HISTA stage before they covered it over. EO started in 86, so the show was before then. I think it was about 80 - 82, but I really don't remember the dates. It had several catchy numbers, based on famous broadway songs. I was about 12 or 14 at the time, and I was in love with one of the performers, ah, young infatuation.

A bit more from my shaky old memory.....

"shine on, shine on harvest moon, up in the sky, I ain't had no lovin' since january february, june or july... Snow time ain't no time to stay outdoors and croon, so shine on, shine on harvest moon, for me and my gal, me and my gal, me and my........ Tap shoes, don't go no where without my tap shoes, feel like Astair wearing my tap shoes, no blues, I put them on and all at once my heart starts beating like its goin' to fly..... Shine on Shine on harvest moon.... hey look i'm dancin', See I'm really dancin'"

• AKA - DisneyChris

Thanks for your recollection. Did the show transport to Videopolis after the Tomorrowland stage closed? I have found a post on You Tube that shows the entire show... and it says it was filmed at Videopolis in 1989. I was under the impression that what you say is true, but when I found that video on you tube, it got me totaly confused. By the way. If you are a big fan of the show, look for it on You Tube. It shows the entire show in four parts.

• Mousketeer

I wouldn't know about going to videopolis. I don't remember the show going to videopolis, but I really don't know.
    Here is the link to one of the youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4jTJ...eature=related

• Mousketeer

Ok, I just watched the video, and that is not the space stage, so it is very likely videopolis.

• AKA - DisneyChris

I wonder if it was a second addition of the original show, or if it was the original version just relocated to Videpollis? Does anyone out there have more info??? Now there are two of us confused.

• Mousketeer

in the comments on youtube, someone posted that the ending was different. I am struggling to remember it, but it is pretty much the same. I remember a couple more songs, and different props.