Thread: AP Breakdown

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Question AP Breakdown

I think this has probably been discussed several times...but it's something we were discussing here at home, and so I thought I'd post it regardless if it's been a thread topic in the past.

My son is 15 months old. Not in need of an AP quite yet. But when he's 3, he'll need one. And since my wife and I have Premium AP's, my son will probably get the same.....but here's the thing:

1. Why don't they have AP's for kids 3-9 or 11 (whatever the cut off age is)? I mean, why would my 3 year old son need PARKING on his AP???

2. They have daily ticket prices for kids in that age range, so why not have them for AP's?

Again, I know that this topic is more than likely been discussed, but I am resurrecting it.

What are your thoughts?

• no flash photography...

Re: AP Breakdown

I've never thought about it or cared. My child gets the same pass I've had for years now and she does not drive either, but if she goes with people who drive they can park for free. My entire family has PAP's and when we go as one group we certainly don't need all 4 parking passes on them.

As far as having child ap's...I'm glad they don't. It my cause even more people to buy them. The [park is already crowded enough on weekends when the SO. Cal. passes can get it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I have friends who elected to put the parking pass on their child's AP, so that either mom or dad or grandma could be the driver, and they wouldn't have to worry about which adult was available to go.

For example, I always have a premium pass, and my husband and son usually get deluxe, with no parking. So if they want to go without me, they have to pay for parking. And they don't want to do that, so they are stuck to wait for me. They are less inclined to go alone, but it makes it hard if they want to come meet me or something, or we are coming in 2 cars, or whatever.
    A signature should go here.

• Evil Queen in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I think this has probably been discussed several times...but it's something we were discussing here at home, and so I thought I'd post it regardless if it's been a thread topic in the past.

My son is 15 months old. Not in need of an AP quite yet. But when he's 3, he'll need one. And since my wife and I have Premium AP's, my son will probably get the same.....but here's the thing:

1. Why don't they have AP's for kids 3-9 or 11 (whatever the cut off age is)? I mean, why would my 3 year old son need PARKING on his AP???

2. They have daily ticket prices for kids in that age range, so why not have them for AP's?

Again, I know that this topic is more than likely been discussed, but I am resurrecting it.

What are your thoughts?
    I have a 15 month old daughter, we should get the two of them together at DL!!!
    R.I.P.

January 3, 2008-January 27, 2008

May you rest in peace in the happiest place on earth.

(FYI you were replaced with Winne the Pooh Shoes for $12.00 at Walmart)

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maddies Mommy View Post
    I have a 15 month old daughter, we should get the two of them together at DL!!!
    HA Right on - that's my boy in the avatar! Good match?? HA

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Some parks do offer a Child's AP/SP at a reduced price.

Disney made a business decision, and I doubt they will change it, since the program is very popular currently.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post

Disney made a business decision, and I doubt they will change it, since the program is very popular currently.
    I didn't think they'd change it on my account, but it's still something that I thought might get people to talk here.

Thanks

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post

What's interesting is that the Tokyo Disney Resort offers Annual Passports at a reduced rate (about 33%) for children ages 4-11. Children age 3 and under can visit the parks for free.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    What's interesting is that the Tokyo Disney Resort offers Annual Passports at a reduced rate (about 33%) for children ages 4-11. Children age 3 and under can visit the parks for free.
    That's cool to know. This is what I'm talking about. If they can have this silly "Disney Parks" thing - to incorporate all the Disney properties and the 'universal magic', why can't they do something like this in regard to AP's?

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Disneyland already doesn't charge enough for APs, IMO. Regardless of the age (or cuteness) of a child, any reduction of the already low price would be foolish on Disney's part, (but not as foolish as unregulated AP sales, IMO ).

That's cool to know. This is what I'm talking about. If they can have this silly "Disney Parks" thing - to incorporate all the Disney properties and the 'universal magic', why can't they do something like this in regard to AP's?
    I would think other than the whole separate business aspect of it, the APs can't be priced in accordance with other parks as each resort has something different to offer. For example, Walt Disney World APs are more expensive than DL Aps which makes sense because there are more parks and different options such as the water parks addition. It would be incredibly complicated to make pricing systems the same. As for charging less for children, I guess the answer is why would a business charge less for something when they don't need to and are selling the product well at the current price?

What are your thoughts?

after next year they are cnceling the ap so u dont have to worry

• Banned User

I think DLR Ap's are priced just right. I paid 350 for a premium Ap for my son for DLR. Our Fl annual passes were 335 last year and we don't get any kinds of discounts except free parking. I can't remember if we have ap rates for kids or if they are the same as adults as I never bought an ap for a child. we used to buy 6 day passes and go a few times a year back when the passes never expired, but when they added costs to make them not expire, it was cheaper to buy an annual pass.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billybob View Post
    after next year they are cnceling the ap so u dont have to worry
    Hmmm...thanks for the reliable info