• Banned User

Please fix the Train Station!!!

That's it. There are so many lightbulbs out that it looks toothless and it has been that way for months. It doesn't seem they are changing the lightbulbs because it is only getting worse. I just felt it should be reported since Greg Emmer is no longer around to do the job.

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Re: Please fix the Train Station!!!

Seriously, I agree.

• Minion

DL needs to get those lightbulbs fixed immediately, what do they think they are running, WDW's Magic Kingdom, where mainteance is lack?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    That's it. There are so many lightbulbs out that it looks toothless and it has been that way for months. It doesn't seem they are changing the lightbulbs because it is only getting worse. I just felt it should be reported since Greg Emmer is no longer around to do the job.
    I believe Emmer IS around until the beginning of February. According to what was posted on the 'memo,' his last day is Friday, February 8th.
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 01-19-2008 at 11:11 PM.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Anyone have any photos?
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I have noticed a few lights here and there have been out along Main Street. I haven't noticed anything too bad, though I might've just not been paying enough attention.

I think the biggest atrocity in terms of upkeep right now is Space Mountain. The floor throughout the queue is scuffed and dirty. Walls are scuffed up, sections of it with chunks missing or paint peeled. And the rockets are squealing like no other. Does nobody have some WD40? Jeeze.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Goofy

I would be happy to clean that up.

• Magic Making

If i worked there I would be checking those babies at least twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I have noticed a few lights here and there have been out along Main Street. I haven't noticed anything too bad, though I might've just not been paying enough attention.

I think the biggest atrocity in terms of upkeep right now is Space Mountain. The floor throughout the queue is scuffed and dirty. Walls are scuffed up, sections of it with chunks missing or paint peeled. And the rockets are squealing like no other. Does nobody have some WD40? Jeeze.
    WD40 would actually make the rockets squeal even more. An we dont want that. But I do agree it needs to be cleaned up.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Here's a shot from a couple of weeks ago, but not too much is noticeable from this angle. Darkbeer might have some shots on his site from the front. Maybe they go down in groups as they reach the end of their lifespan....

Another guess....maybe there was some bumpage as crews hurried to take down the Christmas lights from around Main Street. It's possible that a few bulbs were bumped and they just haven't had time to swap them out yet.

Time for a trip to Home Depot!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

The white exterior needs to be sprayed down badly as well. There are big black streaks. They used to clean the exterior regularly back when the ride first re-opened, but it has not been attended to in quite a while- and the exterior shows it.

The hard part with the mountain is getting the certified crews to go up there and powerwash. Also, notice that the blue/purple lights on the upper quadrant and the white strobes are also no longer working. Additionally, the lighting on the sign was never reverted back to classic after rock show went away.

I'd just submit a billion work orders until it got fixed.