•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Scrapbooking all these pictures - where do I start?

My husband got me started into scrapbooking. Now that my vacations are over, I should get busy, scrapbooking all of these photos. Need a little feedback.

Should I scrap my most recent vacation first, or start with the oldest, or work on all of them at once? I guess getting started is the hardest.

I have been working on completing the scrapbook first, that was a gift to me on my recent Disneyland trip. THe scrapbook is very nice, and I only need to add the pictures. I am actually almost done. It will be a very special memory-filled book, when it is done, which it almost is.

I am just overwhelmed at all of the rest of my scrapbooking projects. Guess I should just take my time and not get stressed. I was able to find many scrapbooking papers and albums and stickers on my trip, and that will be a big help. Guess now that the Anniversary is over, I should probably devote a little less time on MiceChat and more time on Scrapbooking. Forgive me for thinking outloud. I have trouble doing too many things at once. I seem to be one dimensional and then I do that one thing all out.

Sorry for rambling. I guess I better finish for the day and go scrap until I fall asleep. Its fun seeing all my Disneyland pictures. Til next time.

• "I just don't listen."

Re: Scrapbooking all these pictures - where do I start?

Always start current and work your way back, since the current is fresh in your mind.

And don't get stressed, scrapbooking is supposed to be fun and relaxing.
    April
    Someday my prince will come
    Someday Ill find my love
    And how thrilling that moment will be
    When the prince of my dreams comes to be
    Hell whisper I Love You and steal a kiss or two

• Head Salesman

I say do it in order of what you did. That way, you can relive the whole trip(s) as it took place.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• insufferable know-it-all

Start with your current trip. It's fresh in your mind and you'll be able to save so many more memories when you still have them.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Senior Minion

If you're taking digital pictures now, and are able to scan in some of your better older ones, it's really easy to set yourself up with pages that not only work chronologically, but also by area or attraction.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I spent the entire day sorting out my Disneyland pictures. I have been printing them with my HP printer, off my digital camers. This technology is new to me. Anyway, I finally have them all stored in the pocket protectors of my new Disneyland album and when I finish on MiceChat, in a bit, its off to do some more scrapbooking. Decided to work on my Disneyland scrapbook first, since it is the freshest in my mind. Had so much fun at Disneyland. The pictures bring back so many great memories. It is especially fun to look at the anniversary ones. I only wish I were computer saavy, so I could share them with you MiceChatters.

I do not know how to download pictures to the computer. Our printer does not scan. My husband, the computer expert in the family, has not the patience to teach me. He says we don't have the memory, or the right program.

So, when I began scrapbooking, I bought an HP printer. It is not connected to a computer, but I can print my pictures and copy. It is great for my scrapbooking needs.

• That Guy

You should definitely start at the beginning.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My problem is that I began scrapbooking 40 years worth of family pictures. I got sidetracked scrapping Disney vacations.

I have been to Walt Disney World in 1997, 2003. 2204, and 2005.

I visited Disneyland in July of 2005. I probably have more photos, from Disneyland, than any of my other WDW vacations.

I finished my smaller,Disneyland scrapbook, that was a gift. Now I am going to do the larger Disneyland scrapbook. of the trip I have just returned from. It is freshest in my mind.

I will then get back to my 4 WDW vacations. Once I set my mind to a project, it will get done. Organizing is half the battle, and I am almost organized, now that all my pictures are printed and my scrapbook albums are bought.

Appreciate the feedback.

Scrapbook goal - Scrapbook the old vacations, hopefully, before going on next Disney vacation.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 08-04-2005 at 05:23 PM. Reason: add a sentence

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I had/have the same problem. I started into this hobby late and have much to catch up on. My plan has been to work on multiple projects at once. Have one active scrap project in the works - while planning another 2 or so. I use notebooks to start planning for my next active projects while working on the active one. It keeps me moving forward and also gives me an outlet when I need a break from whatever one I'm working on.

My mother always takes notes and writes down thoughts for the days she takes more than a few pictures. She picked that up on one of her scrapbooking weekend camp things she goes to.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Always start at the beginning!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My begiining is 39+ years ago, or in the case of Disney vacations, 8 years ago. So I have multiple scrapbook albums for different topics, and I now am choosing to work on the most recent of those, which I have organized, somewhat chronologically. Make sense. Only to me.