Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost and Found

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: Lost and Found

This is why you always take a Sharpie (or the Rub-A-Dub version for clothes - slightly different ink), a Brother P-Touch or Dymo labelmaker, paper mailing 'return address' stickers, or those good ol' summer camp iron-on nametags... and mark all your electronics, clothes, jackets and other items before you go on vacation. That goes for components that can become seperated, too, like spare batteries and covers/cases. Mark it now.

And during your journeys mark stuff as you acquire it and as you remember to. Bringing a Sharpie and some return-address stickers along is easy enough to do.

If they find a lost item and have a name (and address or phone number) to work with, Disney will make more than a reasonable effort (sometimes bordering on heroic) to get you reunited with your lost 'stuff'.

--<< Bruce >>--

• Banned User

Yes, Bruce is correct. However, after three months, (at WDW) the stuff is sent to CM Buying Events... Property Control, etc.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman
    This is why you always take a Sharpie (or the Rub-A-Dub version for clothes - slightly different ink), a Brother P-Touch or Dymo labelmaker, paper mailing 'return address' stickers, or those good ol' summer camp iron-on nametags... and mark all your electronics, clothes, jackets and other items before you go on vacation. That goes for components that can become seperated, too, like spare batteries and covers/cases. Mark it now.

And during your journeys mark stuff as you acquire it and as you remember to. Bringing a Sharpie and some return-address stickers along is easy enough to do.

If they find a lost item and have a name (and address or phone number) to work with, Disney will make more than a reasonable effort (sometimes bordering on heroic) to get you reunited with your lost 'stuff'.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Good suggestion. If you do loose something that you forgot to mark properly, Disney will still make a great effort to get it back to you. My daughter's hat just had her first name!

....and know your stuff. It's not good enough to say you lost an Olympus digital camera; know the model #, know the megapixels, etc. Believe me, there are A LOT of Olympus cameras in Lost and Found and they aren't just going to randomly give you one and they aren't going to bring them out one by one until you identify yours, or in the case of the less honest, identify the one you like best.

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

I feel cheated I've never got anything that I have losted returned to me. Yet, when I find things I always turn them in Where is the JUSTICE/KARMA or is it that I just lose good stuff that selfish guest or cm keep.

• Disneyland addict

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman

--<< Bruce >>--
    My wife dropped her cell phone in the park one time. Disney went through the phone numbers in and called "mom home" and left a message w/my mother in law. We had to make another trip to the park to pick up the phone Day at disneyland and got our phone back, thats cool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12