Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    I've already mentioned my solo times on this thread. http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=470
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by Retlaw Yensid
    I wouldn't now, living 400+ miles away. But if I needed a Disneyland fix and I lived close, I would go.
    Hey I live in Sacramento too! It's only 6 hours away. I try to go atleast every 2 months. Last month I went twice.

I drive all the way down there by myself and sometimes I meet up with my Evil friends :devil:

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I still want to go by myself one day to see if I can do all attractions in both parks on the same day.
    A Few of us dertimed that with a standard operating day, it can't be done. You lose so much time in the film-based attractions.
    -Monorail Man

• Santa Barbara, CA

I like to go alone. You can really spend time in the most unlikely places. sometimes I just want to listen to the upstairs windows on Main Street, or really study some painting or take a sketch pad and draw. There's always the attractions no one will go with you on like Lincoln.( now i won't even go!).Disneyland has such an intensity built in for most people to get it all in, it's great to relax and just look at things with no urgency...just like you would at Knott's Berry Farm.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• The Original Disney Doll

I've gone several times by myself too. My DH doesn't like it that much and whines a lot when we are there. So I enjoy it a lot more by myself. You can do what you want, when you want. I love to shop and going by yourself is the perfect opportunity to shop to your heart's content. As far as CM looking at you funny because you are one person getting on a ride, well, I wouldn't let it bother you. They see so many people pass through that the second you are past them they have probably forgotten about you and anyways who cares what they think? You probably won't see them again.

I live about an hour away and I don't mind the drive (most days unless there is traffic and then I mind) I just play all my favorite CD's and kick back and take my time.

I say go for it.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I go by myself all the time and have a great time. Of course, it's more fun going with someone else, but it's alot different when you go alone. You can go on whatever ride you want without someone groaning (IASW), you can eat when and where you want, you can go a ride over and over if you want, you can just sit and people watch when you want, you can just shop if you want, and you can stop and take as many pictures as you want. I've never had a CM look at me funny, in fact, usually they're even more friendly if they see you're alone. The fun part is just talking to other people in line. Most people are pretty friendly and it helps the line go faster. If I had my choice, most of the time, I would choose to go with someone, but sometimes I have a better time just going on my own and doing what I want.

• The Mad Hatter

i go sometimes when I am up in the area by myself and need to kill an hour or two, or when ill go to the park to go shopping for myself or my wife....

• CharlesJ in NoCAL

I have been multiple time by myself and it's fun, Single pass ride lines are quick, and people watching is always curious. Nobody tells you what todo, you can lag around and watch the candy store window for an hour and that's ok, because nobody is waiting for you.
    If I was only an hour away, had a AP and had the time....I would go once or twice a month by myself if .... wow... there is something about being there, they must pump it into the air.
    When it's time to go home and visit...It's time to go to Disneyland!!!

• Doing it with a flair

I live in Sacramento so I don't think I would ever go by myself but if I were closer I wouldn't be against the idea.

• Minion

all the time

• -Going Retro-

If I lived close to the Park I may go alone. Just as iSm had said, view the fireworks etc and to people watch . I like to enjoy my rides with others, especially Matterhorn :devil:

• Still wants to be a cat!

Daughter won't let me go alone, but sure would like to give it a try! Hard to imagine not being drug around everywhere.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• /sigh

I went once and just had a muffin and coffee, but it was a little akward for me. Not sure if I would go alone again. But that's just me. :o
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• e komo mai

I was at Disneyland alone for a couple of hours on Sunday. It was just fine. I like doing that from time to time. I like to watch the face characters talk to kids, move at my own pace and just relax for a bit.
    It's fun.

I do agree with SCUBAbe that eating alone is odd, but it's not too bad.

• Boozer, User, and Loser

You guys are very encouraging with your stories. I can't wait to visit alone now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast