Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    One of my favorite places is Chinatown in San Fransisco. It has an air of mystery and the exotic that Adventureland has. It of course would be a great place to get Chinese food, but I also see it as a portal to a ride themed to a Chinese adventure with boats. Think of it like POTC in New Orleans Square. It could be a inside ride that has dragons and warriors.
    I would love a China themed ride. DCA needs the air of mystery and exoticness that Adventureland (and other parts of DL) have. The only thing mysterious at DCA is the Tower of Terror. I can't imagine Carsland having a very mysterious vibe in it.

• Infinitized!

One major problem with the park is the Grand Californian. Look at its footprint and just think how many attractions could be in its place.

I would like to see California Adventure get another mountain, possibly themed to Mt. Shasta.

Also, since the park may be renamed and rethemed to Walt's first time in California, how about an attraction based on Oswald? Is Disney planning to do anything else with Oswald or are they just leaving him to the gold tin in the Walt Disney Treasures DVD line?

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

One of my favorite places is Chinatown in San Fransisco. It has an air of mystery and the exotic that Adventureland has. It of course would be a great place to get Chinese food, but I also see it as a portal to a ride themed to a Chinese adventure with boats. Think of it like POTC in New Orleans Square. It could be a inside ride that has dragons and warriors.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Good thing I read page 2 before responding or I would feel silly.

I also would like some Chinese food in the park, mmmm.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    One major problem with the park is the Grand Californian. Look at its footprint and just think how many attractions could be in its place.

I would like to see California Adventure get another mountain, possibly themed to Mt. Shasta.

Also, since the park may be renamed and rethemed to Walt's first time in California, how about an attraction based on Oswald? Is Disney planning to do anything else with Oswald or are they just leaving him to the gold tin in the Walt Disney Treasures DVD line?
    The Grand Californian taking up so much space, is the reason why attractions like GRR must kick the bucket. You could fit almost three Matterhorns in the space GRR takes up and that space has much better possibilities than a mildly themed rapids ride that isn't much fun. It would be nice if the Grand Californian was build so expansion would be easier. If I had the power, I would rearrange the hotel, but I know Disney would never do that. I would also love an Oswald ride.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    I think removing GRR is not wise, it works as a ride and is pretty well themed. Please leave the bears dead, lets not resurrect them, your post had a lot of move forward, don't look back to it that was comendable, then you swerved to pick up the bears, just let them go. I loved the bears but they are gone like the skyway, PM, and ATIS.
    Except, how would putting an attraction that has never been in DCA be moving backwards? Sure, they were in DL, but they've never been in DCA. It would be a great, new, never-been-done-before attraction for the park. That seems like a step forward, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I would like to see the Country Bears make a comeback in a glorious new 2 theatre facility. One theatre would cycle the original 3 shows, while the other would play the new show (thanks to whoever had that idea on another thread).
    That would be me.

• Sock Puppet

I have some ideas for phase two

Mickey's Philarharmonic replacing muppets with a whole new updated show building

The Drive-Inn theatre for Carsland

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I know it is early to talk about it, and I know it will be based off the reaction of the first phase of expansion. Anyway, what do you think and hope will happen during DCA expansion phase 2? The park is unfortentaly quite landlocked. Carsland will likely take up all or almost all of the Timon parking lot. There unfortenately won't be much room for major expansion. My ideas are going to be controversial. I purpose that GRR, A Bug's Land (except for It's Tough to Be a Bug), Monsters Inc., Millionaire building, that big indoor restaurant by Monsters Inc., Pacific Wharf, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, Seasons of the Vine, Bountiful Valley Farm, Mulhollnad Madness, Orange Stinger, Golden Zephyr, and Jumpin' Jellyfish all be eliminated. This would clear up a lot of land, where actual "Disney" attractions could be placed. They all don't have to be eliminated at the same time, but eventually these attractions will have to face the chopping block. In their place, I would like to see some attractions that are more original and risky than what we are getting for the 1st phase. I would like to see non-franchise based attractions, I would like to see all new ride systems introduced (like Indy did with the EVC and Adventures Through Inner Space did with the Omnimover). I want a ride that will go down in history as much as POTC, Haunted Mansion, and the Matterhorn have. I would like to see the Country Bears make a comeback in a glorious new 2 theatre facility. One theatre would cycle the original 3 shows, while the other would play the new show (thanks to whoever had that idea on another thread). Perhaps they could fit in good in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail area. Where GRR is now, I would like to see a massive wilderness themed thrill ride.
    I agree with everything except for GRR. Grizzly is such a fun ride, and is by far one of the best, if not the best, themed ride in the park. Grizzly Peak is the park's icon and while it would free up space, the ride should have nothing done to it unless they plus it up with extra theming.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

If my memory serves me correctly, one of the proposed attractions for Discovery Bay took place inside of a Chinese fireworks factory.

Leave GRR alone! It is THE best water ride ever.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I agree with everything except for GRR. Grizzly is such a fun ride, and is by far one of the best, if not the best, themed ride in the park. Grizzly Peak is the park's icon and while it would free up space, the ride should have nothing done to it unless they plus it up with extra theming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool View Post
    Leave GRR alone! It is THE best water ride ever.
    Well, I understand why some people like it, but I don't like to walk around with a sore croutch for the rest of the day, when a massive E-Ticket or two could take it's place.

Let's see:
    1. Forget most of the Sunshine Plaza makeover. I see no reason to waste all that money that could be better used in the rest of the Park. The Carthay Theater idea is better than the giant Sun, though. So I'm all for the Walt Disney presentation there (they could just bring back "One Man's Dream" in there and I'd be a very happy person).
    2. Keep Muppet-Vision. I may be alone on this, but Philharmagic just doesn't do it for me. It's a rip-off of every other 3-D film, and all the things Philharmagic does Muppet-Vision does that much better. They just need to promote it a little. The one at Disney's Hollywood Studios still gets good attendance, why shouldn't California Adventure's?
    3. Put something (anything!) in the Millionaire and Hollywood and Dine buildings. What huge wastes of space. I'll even go with a Rock n' Rollercoaster as long as they don't use some lame group like Aerosmith or The Red Hot Chili Peppers (flame on!).
    4. Monsters, Inc. stays, though that facade needs to be redone. It's so incredibly cheesy and tacky. I'm stunned Pixar was okay with it.
    5. Get rid of that outdoor stage. Nothing seems to last there and few seem to bother with it. Do as another poster mentioned and make the facades into complete buildings. A store or maybe a Sci-Fi or 50s Prime Time Diner would be preferable (this might be too big for a building there, so it mght need to go into one of the two other empty buildings).
    6. Aladdin stays, though as mentioned before, finish the theater.
    7. Kill Tower of Terror. This is a personal feeling and so I realize few will agree with me. I love the theming and the preshow video but the ride itself (even at DHS) is little more than an incredibly controlled and truly uninteresting freefall. Or, instead of trashing it, just add more story to the actual ride. I know it won't get removed any time soon, but I never would have built the dumb thing to begin with.
    8. Link that ToT area to Carsland and link Carsland to some other point in the Park. Dead ends should be avoided wherever possible.
    9. Instead of A Bug's Land, perhaps they should just get it over with and rename that entire area Pixar Place. Yes, it's a bit DHS, but if you're going to have a Carsland that close to A Bug's Land, you might as well toss in a few other Pixar attractions near where Farmer's Market is. Retheme the whole area and get rid of the whole farming slant.
    10. Kill Grizzly River Rapids or give it a story. Right now it is the single biggest waste of space in that Park. I've been on it twice since the Park opened, and unless they decide to make it at least slightly interesting, I doubt I'll ever go on it again. What's the point? Just to get wet? How sad is that? That's not Disney...that Magic Mountain.
    11. Put in the Country Bear Playhouse in that huge empty area across from GRR and next to the Hotel. It would look more cavelike, though, and would be slightly lower than ground level so that it wouldn't block anyone's view from the Hotel.
    12. Leave Redwood Creek area alone for now. Kids enjoy it, and the Brother Bear show is nice.
    13. I like Golden Dreams, so I would defnitely keep it. It's good to have at least one attraction that actually tells you something meaningful about California. Perhaps a smaller theater for it, as one rumor hinted at awhile ago...maybe where Seasons of the Vine is now?
    14. Some serious work needs to be done in the Cannery Row area. The walkthroughs are fine, but the rest of the area is nothing but restaurants (and ex-restaurants). There should be at least one attraction here. If some space in Carsland needs to be sacrificed to flesh this area out more, so be it.
    15. What to say about Paradise Pier? Keep California Screamin', Toy Story Mania, and King Triton's Carrousel, but otherwise this area is a huge bust and needs to be redone from scratch. I don't really have too many ideas for it, as I think it was a poor choice of a Land to begin with. Little Mermaid would go in for sure, then maybe a few more dark rides? And one extreme possibility to make California Screamin' even better - enclose the entire thing, to make it like a Rock n' Rollercoaster, but carnival themed and with the current music. Make the queue something more than just a lame switchback, too. This could be the star of the Park with just a little more Disney added to it.
    16. A Monorail Station in the Park.
    17. 50s and 60s era cars to transport guests from Sunshine Plaza to Paradise Pier.
    18. The proposed night show Disney's World of Color.
    19. Keep Main Street Electrical Parade, but add a couple of new floats.

That's a bit longer than I intended originally, and it's not all I'd like to see happen there, but that's the bulk of it I guess.

Accidental double post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12