Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Snagging a CM job

Um Sediment.. I know it's not far but I'd rather not waste the gas to be let down. Gas is expensive for those of us scraping by.

And I like Nintendo better than X-Box

• Banned User

By the way, I'm a chick

• insufferable know-it-all

Good luck eaglewings!

And don't think of it as a wasted trip, you can always go into the park afterward

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Yeah that's true I just have to figure out where I'm going for this lol. I get so easily confused.

• CM for 4 years!

Honestly. Get a job somewhere else. Working at Disneyland is really very difficult. First, the pay is hardly competitive. And, You generally have to plan to arrive on Disney property (in the parking lot) at least 30 minutes before the start of your shift. Plus commute. I have to leave my house 1 hour and 15 minutes before my shift, just to make sure I make it to work on time. I am probably going to have to quit once school starts. I can't even imagine doing it during that time.

Get a job within walking distance from home. I know there's got to be a shopping center somewhere near you. My first job was at a Mervyn's 1/2 mile from home. It paid $7.50/hour, but I got a 15% discount and I used it. It was convenient, if something happened with my car, I could always walk home, and if there was an emergency, I was immediately available. Or consider a job within 1/2 mile of your high school. Commuting to work in high school isn't something you should relaly be considering, trust me. -_-
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    DL probably prefers CMs who can work during the day. That's a lot more difficult for a high-school kid who's supposed to be in school.
    Not always. When do people like to play in the parks? Nights and weekends for sure. Working at a Disney park is not a 9-5 job! (Well, unless you're one of the old ladies on MS, right? ) So I doubt that should be a problem. And if it is, try to get a seasonal gig like DLCM and some others on here have. That could be right up your alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    And I like Nintendo better than X-Box
    I'm with you on that one girl!!
    Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Honestly. Get a job somewhere else. Working at Disneyland is really very difficult.
    There was something about Disneyland that made you want to work there in the first place. Please try not to forget that. No one said working at Disneyland would be easy or perfect, especially in your commute. But it was a choice that you decided to make. If EagleWings wants to make the same decision you did, why discourage her? It seems as if you have learned what you want from Disneyland and will be retiring as a CM soon. And if so, there's room for one more at the resort for you EagleWings. Plus I have heard they are hurting for people so don't be shy.

• CM for 4 years!

I'm just saying that when I was in high school I couldn't imagine making the kind of commitment that is working at Disneyland. It's very involved, and if there is an emergency at home, can be almost impossible to get to. For the amount of hours you put in, you don't get paid for all of them. There's typically about 2 hours of commute time per shift on average for a CM in which you are not getting paid.

I'm just recommending that in high school a more CONVENIENT job situation be found. In summer, when there's less school commitments and other commitments, a job at the resort is great. But once school starts, even for me, I might find it very difficult to keep my job there.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I'm 14 and I work at White Spot as a busser... And that's hard work too.. Kids screaming, syrup and plates covered in who knows what! I found a pull up once! Nasteh! But it's fun! Disneyland will be work too, but also fun!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    I'm just recommending that in high school a more CONVENIENT job situation be found. In summer, when there's less school commitments and other commitments, a job at the resort is great. But once school starts, even for me, I might find it very difficult to keep my job there.
    Yeah, like your local Disney Store! er... or wait, that's where I worked.

• Banned User

I really want to work at the park it never takes me more than 10 minutes to drive there and right now life isn't so great so having a job there might make me happy. Trust me, I have applied at other places as well. But I've been wanting to work at the park since I was a little kid. I only go to high school 8-1 this year so it shouldn't be too much of a problem with working.

• Banned User

Does anyone know exactly where I need to drive to in order to apply? I'm not sure where.

• Banned User

BUMP.. where's the casting office that I apply to?

• insufferable know-it-all

Ball Road. The casting office is centrally located at the front of the big yellow TDA building. The entrance is off Ball Road, you turn left and park in the lot on your left (unless they direct you otherwise, which they might if it's crowded). The security CMs are used to many applicants coming by and will be more than happy to direct you.

Dress professionally, you wouldn't believe the number of people who go there in saggy pants, and even (gasp!) flip flops. Be better than that, be Disney. SMILE. Be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic, polite, and SMILE.

Don't be too picky on your availibility. But be sure to put your graduation date on the sheet, because if they don't approve it then, you have no guarantee later. Be prepared and willing to give up all holidays, weekends, etc.

And SMILE.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Gotcha, thanks

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    But it's six miles!!! That's long!!! And I've got X-Box right here!!!

DL probably prefers CMs who can work during the day. That's a lot more difficult for a high-school kid who's supposed to be in school.
    I can see reasons for waiting-- obviously your schooling should be your priority. There is something to be said for the possibility that in a year, you maturity will make you a more desirable and successful CM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast