Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Sad Snagging a CM job

First I hear you have to be 16+ for a job in the food department.. then I hear they quit hiring minors. What's the deal? Should I go to the casting office tomorrow and apply or not? I'm 17 and about to go into school as a senior. I don't want to waste my time going up there and applying if I won't even be considered. I want to work at Disneyland!

• CM for 4 years!

Re: Snagging a CM job

You must be 17 and a graduating senior to apply to be a CM. Wait a year. TRUST ME, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Wait until your AP expires. :P
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• insufferable know-it-all

Well, sounds like you fit the 17 and graduating senior requirement... but I think melmel's right: hold off till after school.

This is the last time in your life that you bear as little financial responsibility as you do. Make the most of it - get out and DO stuff, even if it's just driving to the beach with your buddies and other free stuff. Plenty of time to work at DL in college (I assume you've gotten your apps in, right?). Working at DL, especially in foods, as short staffed as they are, is going to take up way too much of your life right now.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Um actually I need the money lol. I have to start paying bills because my family isn't doing so well. So if I fit the requirements I'm going to head in tomorrow and apply. I want to have fun but I don't have the money for it anymore.

• Banned User

And my AP expires next week lol.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    Um actually I need the money lol. I have to start paying bills because my family isn't doing so well. So if I fit the requirements I'm going to head in tomorrow and apply. I want to have fun but I don't have the money for it anymore.
    I'm sorry to hear that your family is down on its luck. I am also sorry that you are being forced to grow up so quickly and I wish you good luck at "snagging" a job!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Rock Star Minion

Is snogging a CM job?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

EagleWings: I hear ya, and under those circumstances, it sounds like you're doing the best thing you can. Becoming a CM will both generate income, and solve your no-AP problem.

Good luck!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• At the Gym or at DL

Remember, you will work, while others play.

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    I don't want to waste my time going up there and applying if I won't even be considered. I want to work at Disneyland!
    If you really want something, then why are you considering being lazy and not persuing your dream?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cbkonczak
    If you really want something, then why are you considering being lazy and not persuing your dream?
    But it's six miles!!! That's long!!! And I've got X-Box right here!!!

DL probably prefers CMs who can work during the day. That's a lot more difficult for a high-school kid who's supposed to be in school.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

sediment: that's not entirely fair. Some folks have to work themselves up to these things, and don't take rejection well. And truly, if there's no chance at all, then yeah, it would be a waste of time.

But I think he's probably got a chance, especially in foods.

• Rock Star Minion

He could go there and ask. And if not, well, at least DL is right there.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

At first I thought this thread was called "Shagging a CM". They say that at Disneyland, Fantasies Come True...
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• So!

How is that?

Anyway, good luck EagleWings. Hope it turns out good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast