Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Fireworks, Parades, the end of the Holidays and more

It's that time of year. The lull between the end of the holidays and the big MiceChat Gumball Rally and 3rd Anniversary Mega-Meet Weekend. And it was time to clean off all the pictures from my flash cards and upload them to Flickr. Here's a collection of photos from December and January.

Back in December, I Pricelined a one-night stay at the Anaheim Hilton in order to take the DCA Segway tour the following morning. You see, I'm not a morning person at all, and the 7:15am meeting time for the Segway tour was going to be difficult. The hotel stay made it easier. I was lucky enough to get a Disney view room and managed to get a few decent Believe in Holiday Magic shots.

My big mistake was rushing to get setup and framing the shots just a bit too high. You can see the Castle being cut-off in the bottom of these photos. By the way, many thanks to Sir Clinksalot and everyone who contributed to the Priceline thread in the Travel Planning forum. $48/night (plus taxes and parking) for the Hilton is a great deal!

I posted a review of the Segway tour with some photos in another thread, so I won't say much here, other than to say it was a lot of fun and I highly recommend it!

Continuing with the Fireworks theme, I journeyed into the park this past weekend to catch the return of Remember Dreams Come True. I geeked out and brought my tripod with me. This first batch of photos is from Friday night as seen from the Plaza Pavilion.

The bluish curvy line just above the castle is the flying Tinkerbell.

Ah, I just love RDCT. As you can see, the sightlines from the Plaza Pavilion aren't the greatest. Ideally, I'd love to setup across the way in the Plaza Inn/Tomorrowland side. But I couldn't find a spot that wasn't blocked by trees or where I would be in the way of others. So, I decided I'd come back on Saturday and try from a different spot.

How about the Rivers of America? The Mark Twain functions as a pretty good ground level object (or should I say, river level object) to put the fireworks in perspective.

The Mark Twain, in the calm, post-fireworks.

Watching the fireworks from the Rivers of America was a new experience for me and one that I highly enjoyed. The start of the fireworks was delayed by 10 minutes due to some technical problem. I think they had problems dimming the lights around the Rivers and Frontierland. They announced that the lights would be going out, but they never did. Still, it didn't adversely affect watching the fireworks for me. And I think lots of other people enjoyed it too.

Note: you can click on any photo to go to its respective Flickr set and other pictures. I'll be back later with a variety of other pictures: the return of Parade of Dreams, some Block Party Bash, Finding Nemo, it's a small world holiday, the new Mickey floral lights and more.

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

Re: Fireworks, Parades, the end of the Holidays and more

Whoa!!! Those pics rock!!!! A virtual visual extravaganza!!!
    DisneyBroad54

• Can see my car from here

Great fireworks photos Armadillo! Glad you shared these. I really like the shots with the Mark Twain in the foreground!

Thanks again!
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Wow. Those are fantastic. Looking forward to the rest and seeing you on Sunday.

• Banned User

Gorgeous shots!

This is my favorite!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Awesome firework pictures, I love it!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Super pictures of the fireworks. Thanks for sharing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

WOW!!!!! Thanks for sharing these! I esp. loved the Tinkerbell shot. Just incredible!

• Shubisha

Those are amazingly outstanding

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

My goodness Armadillo! These pics are absoultely fabulous. I love the different angels you got! These are just stunning!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm still learning a lot about shooting fireworks and consider myself very lucky to live close enough to Disneyland to get more practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mikerscope View Post
    Great fireworks photos Armadillo! Glad you shared these. I really like the shots with the Mark Twain in the foreground!
    It was pure guess work when I was looking for a different place to take pictures. And a lot of luck. LOL! I wasn't quite sure what the fireworks would look like from that location and kept my fingers crossed. You do miss some of the effects that are closer to the castle (or on the castle itself), but it was pretty cool regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    WOW!!!!! Thanks for sharing these! I esp. loved the Tinkerbell shot. Just incredible!
    The Tinkerbell shot was another lucky turn of events. Because I left the shutter open for 10 seconds, it captured her glowing trail quite nicely.

Ok, another batch of pictures coming up next!

wow.... Armadillo4... your fireworks pics are amazing. in think the best ones ive seen. very clear. bravo. now im jealous mine will never turn out that way!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Before continuing with more current photos, here's a quick and final look back at some of the holiday photos from December.

Over at Santa's Reindeer Round-Up, Dale had made friends with Lamb Chop and a young guest while watching the magic show.

A hidden mickey in the Ranch's set dressing

Two of my favorite people at the Reindeer Round-Up: Santa Claus and Miss Chris

You don't see Clarabelle too much, so it's always a pleasure when she's out and about.

I might be in the minority as I wasn't too fond of A Christmas Fantasy Parade. However, I did get a chuckle when I noticed the bins of mail to Santa. This mail is supposedly "From Africa" but if you look closely (or have a zoom lens), one of the prominent pieces of mail has a return address of "S.F., CA". The bin of mail "From Australia" has a similar geographic problem.

But it was cool to have the Enchanted Pre-Parade

Town Square on a windy December day. The sun was shining, flags were flying, the tree was up. And Mickey led the Disneyland band down Main Street USA. It was just about perfect.

New Orleans Square...I just get a peaceful feeling looking at it.

Over in DCA, there were some holiday decorations too.

Back at DL...and glowing ever so brightly at night, it's a small world holiday comes to an end today.

I know what you're thinking. "Enough with the holidays already! It's January 21st. Show us something new." How about the new Mickey floral display at the main entrance?

Closeup of a couple of the lights

That's it for now. I'll post more pictures tomorrow. And yes, we'll get to the parades.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great pictures. Best ones of the Mickey Floral I have seen yet. Thank you!

• Minion

Nice pictures! I like the one's of the empty NOS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast