Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Fancy that...

current attraction in the most need of a refurb

This thread is not intended to be for nitpicking or venting, please just answer the question..What attraction as of right now do you think needs to get a refurb the most? Don't base your decision off of wich attraction you think needs an update or change. Base it on wich ride needs to be restored and refreshened? so don't say Pooh. only say that if it's actual condition isn't all that great(see what I mean?)

my answer: Indiana Jones, It seems that most of the effects don't work right anymore. exmples include, the scrim ghost, the progected spider, other effects don't work nearly as well and such.. so you tell me what you think..

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: current attraction in the most need of a refurb

Space Mountain. The dome is filthy, the inside queue and exit stairs/area look like they should be part of the Haunted Mansion (filthy and falling apart), and the ROCKETS!!! Could that squeak be any more annoying? Fix it, PLEASE, Disney! It hurts me to see such a great attraction in such sorry state.

• Minion

dland_lover, you took the words right out of my mouth.

• keh!

Soarin' Over California... the rails need to be painted BAD and the film is dirty! specks through most of it.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Small World......Check.

Next....Star Tours

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post

my answer: Indiana Jones, It seems that most of the effects don't work right anymore. exmples include, the scrim ghost, the progected spider, other effects don't work nearly as well and such.. so you tell me what you think..
    I was trying to think of all the attractions that need one and from all the effects that I remember that are not there anymore, this is the one thing that needs to go down for a few months and everything fixed and brought back. The pole goes down so often as if they never thought that it would be used so much.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    Soarin' Over California... the rails need to be painted BAD and the film is dirty! specks through most of it.
    People keep mentioning the specks in the film, but I must say I never see them. What I do notice is the actual wall they project the film onto. I see that it is dirty, and needs to be cleaned, and the seams in the panels smoothed over (if it's even possible). It's hard to feel like I'm Soarin' Over California, when I see a (quite noticeable, IMO) large wall of metal panels.

• Koubu Pilot

Indy.

I noticed the condition of Space Mountain's exit during the summer. One of the reflective anti skid pieces on a couple of the steps had peeled some time ago, too.

Soarin' if I had to choose a DCA attraction.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

You mention some projected spiders? I recall, from the first time I rode it (in 1995, I might add), "going through" spider webs (and spiders), in the Bug Room. Was I actually not imagining it?

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    People keep mentioning the specks in the film, but I must say I never see them. What I do notice is the actual wall they project the film onto. I see that it is dirty, and needs to be cleaned, and the seams in the panels smoothed over (if it's even possible). It's hard to feel like I'm Soarin' Over California, when I see a (quite noticeable, IMO) large wall of metal panels.
    oh yeah, i've seen the panels on the screen. but i mainly notice them in the beginning where you soar through the clouds before you see the gold gate. after that i don't pay attention to them.

Pooh. Please!

• =)

Wait...how are we supposed to write an on-topic post that's not nitpicking or venting? Isn't that what the thread is all about? ::is confused::

I guess I'd have to say Space, if only to take care of the condition of the queue and exterior. Indy is sometimes in really bad shape, but when I was there a month ago, all the effects were working absolutely spectacularly. I rode twice at different times in the day, and I was equally impressed each time with all the aspects of the ride. When were your bad experiences with it, pianoman?

• Minion

There was a projected spider in Indy? I am terrified of spiders, so I would love that. Also they should bring back the lava falling from the ceiling I have heard about. My first DLR trip was in 2005, so I didn't get to see Indy in it's original glory.

I guess I would pick Indy, so we can get these old effects back working again. Splash also needs a refurbishment badly, the audio-animatronics need some TLC badly.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Splash also needs a refurbishment badly, the audio-animatronics need some TLC badly.
    How so? It was down for 4 months last year, getting refurbed, and still looks just as great now, as it did then, IMO.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Indy, it's been 13 years without a real refurb...
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast