Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Ponder this one - Disneyland all to yourself?

Disneyland has obviously been very crowded lately. It is celebrating it's 50th Anniversary as everyone knows, and more people than usual are bound to show up. Fireworks are drawing people, especially to the hub. If you don't get there early, you miss some of the view. Some people don't mind the crowds. Some people won't go, when they know it will be very crowded. Some actually stayed away on the anniversary weekend for that exact reason.

So ponder this? If you could have Disneyland all to yourself, for one day, would you want to? Say a group of you and your friends were allowed the run of the park for an entire day. Would you enjoy the park the same, crowd free? Or would the experience, just not be the same?

• LoisAlene

Re: Ponder this one - Disneyland all to yourself?

It just wouldn't be the same. It would feel like a bad episode of Scooby Doo - "Gee, Shaggy, why don't you and Velma go check IASM while me and Dafny ride the HM".

That's not to say I like a LOT of crowds, but people watching at Disneyland is part of the total experience for me.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

I have an extremely large family, so for me it would be heaven. Getting all the character attention and riding rides as many times as we could...awesome! My kids would be so spoiled after that...oh maybe that would not be such a good thing after all, hah. Well at least I could take a picture with out someone walking through it!

• FastPass n00b

It's incredibly hard to rock the IASM boat with just one person, let alone try to get water inside it. No, I would not want to experience Disneyland by myself.

• Who's your DaddyB?

Disneyland is SO big... no, it just would be weird. Heck, I could take all my family, friends and even my whole church (it's not a small church) and it'd still be really spooky quiet (especially if DCA were added in the mix too!).

Heck, they could probably have a "micechat only" day, and it'd still uncrowded!

Having people around adds to the atmosphere. HUGE crowds aren't any fun, but having it empty would be too post-apocolyptic for me.... I'd be waiting for the "Thriller" zombies to come dancing out after me.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb
    Having people around adds to the atmosphere. HUGE crowds aren't any fun, but having it empty would be too post-apocolyptic for me.... I'd be waiting for the "Thriller" zombies to come dancing out after me.
    This is very true, although huge crowds can dampen the experience, extremely small crowds can dampen the experience too. Anyone who has been to Disneyland when it's practically empty probably knows that average-sized crowds add a certain atmosphere of energy and motion. Without people walking around everywhere, the park can get really boring and not very exciting. Disneyland is a social experience, kind of like going to the movies or eating out, so as long as you can walk around and get on the rides in 45 minutes or less, crowds actually *help* the experience.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

In January, when we had all that rain, my husband and I went to Disneyland everynight around 7pm. There was NO BODY around. It was freaking awesome.

Strangely enough though...PETER PAN STILL HAD A LINE.

WTFFFFFFFFF.

Having a crowd is a big part of the experience for me. I like to people watch almost as much as I like to ride the rides. It just wouldn't be any fun watching my family. I watch them all the time and already know what to expect. It's more fun watching people I don't know.

• Senior Minion

I know I told this story already...but when we were down in May, I accidentally hit the alarm clock wrong the night before, and we wound up in the Esplanade about 45 minutes before anyone else. (Well, we were up, and since we'd already walked that far...). It was us, a couple of security guards, and the flashing traffic cone over at DCA, and the sun and the sound of birds chirping.

At that hour of the morning, Disneyland is an extremely peaceful place. I bet it would be nice to just walk through the park in the morning like that and just enjoy the place and all that it is, and all that is there. Didn't Walt himself ramble around in the mornings? I see why now.

Without people though, it couldn't be anywhere near as much fun. I don't think I'd want to go on any attractions by myself.

• Comin' down the track

It would be too creepy by myself. If there were hardly any crowds though, it would be Casey Jr., Mr. Toad, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion over and over and over...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Just about every time dontbecheekin and I go to DL, we say "Ok, people, go home now!:

but it's nice to have SOME people in the park - adds to the excitement, esp. with little kids around. It's bee too quiet and empty with so few people.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• CM for 4 years!

I would like it if it was my family and let's say, 500 other families. Still practically empty, but everyone can have a good time together. That's how company parties used to be.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

After I ran around taking perfect shots of everything, (imagine me walking through the castle with no one else around, me strolling down Main Street, you get the picture.) After that was done, I'd be wandering around like Burgess Meredith at the end of "Time Enough at Last" eppy of the Twilight Zone. (i'll have to make sure to bring extra contacts.)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    It's incredibly hard to rock the IASM boat with just one person, let alone try to get water inside it. No, I would not want to experience Disneyland by myself.
    It is impossible to get water in the boat because the boat would hit the floor before the water came in.

• Basking in birthday love

I was there at the beginning of July, and we went to New Orleans Square at around 11:30. It was completely deserted. We were in a PotC boat by ourselves, and when we came out of Pirates after the closing announcement had been made, there was literally no one there. It was eerie and kind of disconcerting. I'm not certain I'd like to spend a whole day like that. Though I suppose it might be better if it wasn't at night, which added a whole new level of creepiness to it.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast