Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Problems with the Pixar Play?

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    Just as a heads up, I believe "Countdown to Fun" or whatever it's called used in Mickey's Waterworks was written by a woman named Sunny Hilden (who also did the "Eureka" parade theme, "just like we dreamed it" theme song for Disneyland Parc Paris's Once Upon A Dream Parade, and I believe she also did the theme song to Hong Kong Disneyland's Disney on Parade).

I believe it was Steven Davison who said that a couple of the writers from High School Musical were working on two new songs...which makes me think that the earlier rumor of using the Mickey's Waterworks parade song may have been pushed aside and they're doing something new.
    And then a previous poster says each unit has its own music with an overall theme that ties it all together.

confusing...and interesting...?
    TCSN - according to Tales magazine Sunny had originally written a song for WaterWorks but it was switched out late in the process when the parade went in a different direction. Matthew Gerrard wrote Countdown to Fun and it was not written specifically for the Pixar Play Parade:

http://www.talesfromthelaughingplace...t%20Tales.html

I just got my latest issue and it had a lot of the artwork from the WaterWorks parade which I didn't get to see at HKDL. It looks very cute indeed.

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Park Central View Post
    TCSN - according to Tales magazine Sunny had originally written a song for WaterWorks but it was switched out late in the process when the parade went in a different direction. Matthew Gerrard wrote Countdown to Fun and it was not written specifically for the Pixar Play Parade:

http://www.talesfromthelaughingplace...t%20Tales.html

I just got my latest issue and it had a lot of the artwork from the WaterWorks parade which I didn't get to see at HKDL. It looks very cute indeed.
    Yep, you're right. I emailed Lee over there and he said the same thing. So it was Matthew Gerrard, and it is the HK song.

• Yo!

Where's the second song coming from then?
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Minion

Can't Disney hire better songwriters?
    Disney used to compose great original music for their parks. This music was composed by truly talented musicians like the Sherman Brothers and George Bruns. We need great original music in the Disney parks.

I mean, seriously who allowed the music for "Parade of Dreams"?

So the music for Pixar Play is still not completed?

• Dive ..... Dive.....

As usual Disney rushing and creating junk as a result. Why can't Disney ever give a reasonable amount of time to create something? There were reasons why Haunted Mansion and POTC came out great, YEARS and YEARS of planning and development. I'm not going to expect anything great from this parade so we shall see.

I LOVE "countdown to fun"! Its a kool song!
    Cant wait to hear the remix version!

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Can't Disney hire better songwriters?
    Disney used to compose great original music for their parks. This music was composed by truly talented musicians like the Sherman Brothers and George Bruns. We need great original music in the Disney parks.

I mean, seriously who allowed the music for "Parade of Dreams"?
    well, that's YOUR personal opinion.

Many of us find POD's music absolutely FANTASTIC!!! And "Welcome" is perfectly produced. While there may have been issues with syncing music and getting the flow right with the parade route, the music alone is definite high quality.

And what do you define "original"? Pixar Play's is going to be original, as is POD's.
    BPB was the only on taking outside music...most Disney productions use pre-existing Disney music or new compositions written for the project (those two I would define as original).

Sure, those old-school folks wrote and produced fantastic music. The same can be said for these new contemporary composers. Again, personal taste is the basis for a lot of the "I don't like this, or that...these new guys never are as good as the old guys" and so on. Once again, the present is never as good as the past.

• Minion

^^SO TRUE!
    I would much rather hear some old Phil Collins material over "countdown to fun." Plus the song "Welcome" works because it incorporates Walt Disney's Welcome speech into the song. Phill's song was just to perfect to pass up.
    Last edited by Sir.Mouse; 02-20-2008 at 05:47 PM.

Idk Im kind of excited about countdown to fun! if its the same song as the HK parade one, then I think itll be cute! But I do have friends in the parade that said each float does have its own music and it does all tie in together so well see.

I can see it now lol, the lady in the song singing "blah blah blah are you ready for a big splash" while scully pedals on the opening float haha

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I'm sad to hear so much negativity flying around!

The truth is, as much as we "think" we know, we really have no idea what's going on or how things are coming along as this parade develops. I think it's best we set aside all this hearsay and premature judgement and keep a fresh, open mind for opening day.

What do you say?

• Creative Director

^I'm with you.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    well, that's YOUR personal opinion.

Many of us find POD's music absolutely FANTASTIC!!! And "Welcome" is perfectly produced. While there may have been issues with syncing music and getting the flow right with the parade route, the music alone is definite high quality.

And what do you define "original"? Pixar Play's is going to be original, as is POD's.
    BPB was the only on taking outside music...most Disney productions use pre-existing Disney music or new compositions written for the project (those two I would define as original).

Sure, those old-school folks wrote and produced fantastic music. The same can be said for these new contemporary composers. Again, personal taste is the basis for a lot of the "I don't like this, or that...these new guys never are as good as the old guys" and so on. Once again, the present is never as good as the past.

There is a reason none of the recent music produced for the parks ever comes into the public conciousness the way "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me" or "It's a Small World" have.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post

Yeah I feel you there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast