Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Creative Director

Re: Problems with the Pixar Play?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    There is a reason none of the recent music produced for the parks ever comes into the public conciousness the way "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me" or "It's a Small World" have.
    Well, that only happens every so often...
    and if you look at all the attractions Disneyland has had throughout its history, most attractions and the like come and go, and most music isn't remembered. Those select few that prove to be winners and stand the test of time are allowed to have their music ingrained in the public consciousness...whether people like it or not.
    Entertainment usually does not get such opportunities, with perhaps MSEP and now Fantasmic! as being the exceptions. Entertainment product normally only lasts so long, is replaced far more frequently than attractions, and doesn't run constantly from park opening to closing. Not quite the same thing.
    Not to mention that quite a bit of show and parade music is not released for sale...though that doesn't mean some folks don't still request it.

And if you think the more recent contemporary works are not going to be remembered because you don't like them, that's perfectly fine. But you can't use that to paint a picture of whether or not the work is successful or not from an objective point of view looking at the grand scale of things...or trying to say that future works are going to be just as disappointing...just doesn't work that way.
    But believe whatever you like, most of you already have your minds made up about most things anyway.
    Last edited by tcsnwhite; 02-21-2008 at 09:29 PM.

• Magic Making

The day Before yesterday, was the parades first tech rehearsal. Last night and tonight were the parades first set of actual rehearsals on route.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

awesome, Sparky!

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    As usual Disney rushing and creating junk as a result. Why can't Disney ever give a reasonable amount of time to create something? There were reasons why Haunted Mansion and POTC came out great, YEARS and YEARS of planning and development. I'm not going to expect anything great from this parade so we shall see.
    Have you seen or heard the actual parade yet?? Probably not. I think it's a little premature to be bashing it so harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    There is a reason none of the recent music produced for the parks ever comes into the public conciousness the way "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me" or "It's a Small World" have.
    Those attractions have been around for 30+ years. There's a reason it's ingrained in the public conciousness.
    Last edited by 1FoolishMortal; 02-22-2008 at 07:15 AM.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Creative Director

^Thank you!

Like ive mentioned I have friends in it and while they arent crazy about the music, they said its still cute, and altogether its gonna be something really cute and fun! Im excited to see! Itll be cute I know it! The floats weve seen already are so Im not worried!

• Creative Director

I do really enjoy "Countdown to Fun" from Mickey's Waterworks, so I am glad to see it being re-used with this parade...and I really think it will fit the vibe and theme of Pixar Play very well.

I truly hope we get some sort of cd/album release...considering that they are using original compositions and pixar music that is already under the Disney banner (and not outside music that has a whole other set of rights/legal use issues)...but unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath.

• Minion

Blog Entries

idk if this has been said...when does the parade start?

• Magic Making

March14th, with a preview on the 13th, and possible ones starting march 9th.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234