Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Rainicorn.

Re: "It's A Small World" is now a part of "Remember...Dreams Come True"

This sounds really really cool. I'm glad they're trying to find ways to alleviate the GINORMOUS crowd in the Hub and down Main Street.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Basking in birthday love

I'm wondering when they're going to start duplicating the castle projections on TSI. It would be ridiculously easy, and there are already so many people sitting there anyway for Fantasmic! If there were projections on TSI, it's likely that more people would just camp at the RoA for both shows, and there would be less of a mass exodus from Main Street to Frontierland.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    I'm wondering when they're going to start duplicating the castle projections on TSI. It would be ridiculously easy, and there are already so many people sitting there anyway for Fantasmic! If there were projections on TSI, it's likely that more people would just camp at the RoA for both shows, and there would be less of a mass exodus from Main Street to Frontierland.
    I think that's a really good idea. The second showing of Fantasmic! is after Remember, right? People will be down for that unless they really want the "true experience" that the Hub/Main Street warrants...
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    I think that's a really good idea. The second showing of Fantasmic! is after Remember, right? People will be down for that unless they really want the "true experience" that the Hub/Main Street warrants...
    They've got it scheduled so you've got about five minutes between Fantasmic! 1 and fireworks, and about half an hour between fireworks and Fantasmic! 2. I think projections on TSI would also balance out the Fantasmic!s a bit, because people who want hub seating won't see the first one since you have no time to reposition yourself once it's done. On the average, the later Fantasmic! seems much more crowded than the earlier one.

Plus, they've already got all that equipment anyway for Fantasmic! I see no reason why they couldn't set the river on fire for Indy or incorporate the spinning fireworks for Laughing Place. Toss a projector in the bushes, and you've got another really viable alternative to the hub.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

OMG- That is so bitchin! I am now totally and completely sold on seeing the fireworks there. Thanls for the pics daddyb! I am really looking forward to your video clips!

I like the idea of adding this to the rivers also!

they already have everything. they could just start up the water screens and show the same projections they are showing on Small world. they've got the fire, lowlevel fireworks, and even the lazer effect for the star tours portion.

I don't know what kind of software they have controlling all of it, it might be a hassle to have to reset everything within 5 minutes. and then reset again for fantasmic 2. but i'd bet they could figure it out.

the only problem I forsee with projections or show at TSI is that when the fireworks is over, everyone at TSI who watched both F1 and fireworks there will make their way to the hub to leave. while the people in the hub who want to see F2 will try to make their way to TSI. bad idea, unless they can route people out through adventure land, you will have severe gridlock all at once.

• Shubisha

That issue has been happening for the last 10 years :P

Quote Originally Posted by superphred
    the only problem I forsee with projections or show at TSI is that when the fireworks is over, everyone at TSI who watched both F1 and fireworks there will make their way to the hub to leave. while the people in the hub who want to see F2 will try to make their way to TSI. bad idea, unless they can route people out through adventure land, you will have severe gridlock all at once.
    A very good point. However, Fantasmic! has always had excellent crowd control. It probably wouldn't be overly difficult to direct everyone that's leaving the river through Adventureland, and everyone who's coming in through Frontierland. In fact, I'm pretty sure this is what they already do. They already hold people entering for the second Fantasmic! near Big Thunder until the crowd at the river has dispersed a little. I don't think this would do much to change the traffic patterns, except to balance out the crowd that's trying to get to the river with the crowd that's trying to get away. After all, that's why there's half an hour between the end of the fireworks and the beginning of Fantasmic!: to give everyone plenty of time to get to the river, no matter where they were watching from.

To get back to the topic of Small World, is it just me, or are some of those images projected onto the facade really hard to make out?

• Disneyland Freak

Ermm that image is hotlinked from mouseinfo.

http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26547
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb
    great photos as usual, Kirsten! Gotta love that 1600ASA setting on your camera. One thing I'll say against my Oly... 800ASA looks HORRIBLE... yours rocks!
    Thanks! I absolutely love the 1600 setting on the Rebel XT. My old PowerShot A70 had more grain at only 400 sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy247
    WOW! Awesome photos! Those are the best pics of Fantasmic! I have ever seen!
    Thank you! That's a really hard show to shoot, that's why I have so much fun taking photos of it every time. You have to have really fast film/ISO setting (I shoot it at 1600) and a good telephoto!
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Next time you go and take pics of fantasmic can you please take a pic of the new lighting before mickey appears on the mark twain, when tinks flying on the screen, theres the new strobes instead of the fiber optic twirlers... I really wanna see this!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• SM - 14 TIMES! DLAND!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Next time you go and take pics of fantasmic can you please take a pic of the new lighting before mickey appears on the mark twain, when tinks flying on the screen, theres the new strobes instead of the fiber optic twirlers... I really wanna see this!
    yeah, i saw that for the first time about 2-3 weeks ago. It looks really awsome on stage!
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

¡Quédese sentó por favor!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

sweet! I so want a 2005 video of fantasmic

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Who's your DaddyB?

a photo of the strobes on TSI is going to look like 12 small white lights on a black background. The point is they are strobes and flash on and off really fast which gives it a twinkling effect, if not a movement effect (like Tink is flying aound the front of the island). A still shot is not going to convey this movement, because it's a STILL shot.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Fireworks Finatic!

I got to see the fireworks from Small World last night, and it really is awesome! Takes an already great show and adds a totally different view to see it from. I didn't have nearly the desire to turn around and see what pyro was going off from the Hub. Did anyone else notice they are also using that one Light Magic tower closest to Small World to project from? It looks like they may even use up to 3 projectors for the effect, but not sure though. Just from how they did the images on the facade, it looked that way. There was quite a decent crowd over there last night as well. Overall, it seemed like it was a very busy day in the Park anyway, so not sure if that was the cause or word is getting out about the projections.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast