Wierd Haunted Mansion Experiance!

Last night at about 10:15 I went to ride the haunted Mansion. I have been on HM probably afew hundred times ( oh Lordy, well I have had an AP most years since 1984 ) and this has never happened before! So after waiting in the foyer for like 10 minutes the doors to the portrait gallery finally open. The doors close, the lights go out and the show begins, but then the room goes back up but the voice is still playing! The doors open a little and close a little and open a little and close a little! Then the thunder claps and the ceiling dissappears and we see the hanging body. It was so strange to be that close to it since you usually see it from the bottom after the room stretches. We then started going down again. The show sort of starts over but is not in synch with the room. When we do reach the bottom the thunder claps again but this time the ceiling stays solid and we do not see the hanging body. The look on the hosts face was great! I wanted to ask him about what had happened but he left too quickly. Alot of people were laughing and clapping because it was so obviously strange and wrong!

How do you guys feel about reaching the bottom, exiting the portrait gallery into the hallway and looking over and seeing another elevator/ gallery sitting there with the doors open? Some guests point and say " oh there are two". I think it kind of ruins the magic. The other doors should but shut, but this seems to happen the last few times Ive ridden. Also, both elevators were just sitting there, neither one was assending and I know there was a crowd upstairs waiting to come down to ride. Have they even been using both elevators? I was in the one on the right. They dont seem to care as much about keeping people moving on attractions anymore. that is why there are two elevators. one was always going up while one was coming down. BTW the whole attraction looks fantastic. Leota still blows me away, so much tech. happening to make that effect work and keep her in focus!
    Last edited by hulamonkey9; 08-01-2005 at 02:26 PM. Reason: errors

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Wierd Haunted Mansion Experiance!

You just experienced the hauntedness of the HM. You are one of the chosen ones.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• That's Hawt

Can I ask how many people were in the "Stretching Room" with you? Because from what I understand the elevator system is not supposed to have more than ~10 in the room going up ... IT'S HAUNTED!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Minion

Sounds like fun! Ya. You experanced a rare grimlin in the system. Very rare, but happens mostly at night

Also, the two lift's work in tandom. When one is going down, the other comes up to pick up a new set of passangers. On slow days, they only have 1 lift going. So there is no reason there would ever be two doors open on the same floor other then for a grimlin having some fun.
    Last edited by gibbage; 08-01-2005 at 02:49 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

well my exprience in Disneylands haunted mansion is tacky. A few years ago when I went to ride the attraction, I was in the stretching room. But the thing that really ruined the effect was that their was a mickey mouse balloon stuck to the ceiling and was unreachable. so when the room was stretching, the balloon stayed still and definately gave away the fact that the ceiling was just a screen or atleast a piece of glass. There could be many moments that the balloon could have been let go and the effect would not have been somewhat ruined, but the stretching room was the wrong time. LOL

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

LOL thats so kewl, actually the sync is out on the elevators quite often, as a mater of fact the last time i went i was trying to convince my friend that there was 2 elevators and he didnt belive me until we got to the botom and we saw the other elevator open and empty.
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

• Banned User

I was in the foyer twice before where we waited for quite a while for either of the elevator doors to open. Then when we finally got in the elevator, it took a while for the show to start. Even the CM working the elevator had disappeared for a bit and some guests started getting "curious." Luckily the CM came back to the elevator and the show started. Another time back in December 2003 , I was with a few friends and family when one of my friend was in a wheelchair because she broke her ankle. We had to exit the ride through the way we came so that meant we had to go back in the elevator after we rode to go back up to the foyer in order to exit. Let me tell you, that was one hell of an elevator! It moved so fast, it was unbelievable- and to be the only ones in there with just one CM was VERY cool. A very cool experience.

• Goofy is the man

One time it was in the evening and I was with my mom and a friend. The 3 of us decide that we are going on HM. We get on and the CM Host was really into it. He did the whole scary voice and everything. (All of us have been on it many times, but that just helps the whole experience.) All is going well, we get 1/2 way down the hall towards the Doom Buggies and we are then told that the ride is shut down and we need to get back in the elevator, it was soooooo weird watching the pictures shrink not stretch.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

I was there Tuesday, Rose the HM CM told me that the reason they had only a 15 minute wait was that they finally had the second elevator back. It had been down day before and created hellacious wait times. Guess the repair didn't take!
    WEIRD!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Here is another story I have and it is quite funny. When I was young, and I mean about 10 years old or something, I went on the Haunted Mansion with some foreign exchange students. I was always afraid to see what was up in the attic after the paintings stretched so I never looked. Well on this day, right when that scene happened and the lightning roared and the lights went out, I screamed so loud, closed my eyes tight, and held on to whatever hand I can find (thinking it was the hand of the foreign exchange student that was staying at my house). The lights the came up and I quickly opened my eyes only to realize that I was holding someones hand, but not the foreign exchange students. I was holding the hand of a man I did not even know. The man was confused as to what I was doing and as he and his wife walked ahead into the hallway, I heard his wife ask him if that was him screaming like a little girl. And she was serious when she asked him too. LOL

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I was holding the hand of a man I did not even know. The man was confused as to what I was doing and as he and his wife walked ahead into the hallway, I heard his wife ask him if that was him screaming like a little girl. And she was serious when she asked him too. LOL
    Now, if you were like 20+, that would be VERY weard.

• I found my Prince!

i went on HM friday May 13 and had the elevator practically by myself (maybe five people total) so my friend and i took advantage of the pic opportunies, then the show started, we also took advantage of the amount of space and stood far apart. when the lights went out i thought it got REALLY dark, when they came back on the CM was about 1/2 inch from my face. I jumped a mile! my friend and i couldnt stop laughing the whole way to the doom buggies!

• Guilty!

Haha I was the CM in the Expanding Room when that happened! It was totally weird, the room began to expand, stopped, then shrunk itself automatically. The doors opened and the Ghost Host spiel restarted meanwhile the other spiel was still going on. I called my lead to tell him what was going on and then all of a sudden the lightning crashed and scared the crap out of everyone! Even me!
    Last edited by Scream162; 08-02-2005 at 02:13 AM.

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

Wow you were there thats so kewl sometimes odd things happen.
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x