Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• potterday.org

Talking Gorgeous weather for an afternoon at the park - 1/24/08 - Moist pictures

I (almost) pity those people that can't enjoy a rainy day at the park. When the clouds start looking black and pendulous there's only one place I want to be.

I've been a southern Californian all my life. To me, rain is a novelty and snow is something you have to take a vacation to witness.

So after work yesterday I hopped over to the park, bringing along my camera since I knew everything was going to be damp.

Today was a great day to exercise the "Goth / Death Rock" playlist on my Nano. The soundtrack when I entered the park was "Dawnrazor" by Fields of the Nephilim. When I didn't pass through a musical part of the resort I was listening to Switchblade Symphony, London After Midnight, The Cure, etc. I was an eyeliner-wearing teenage goth and I still attend every Bats Day. That probably has something to do with how much I enjoy the weather. On with the tour, yes?

This is something about DCA that has annoyed me since day one, and I really hope they'll address this over the next decade - the lack of a controlled view. Here I am in the center of DCA staring at what? The Anaheim Convention Center. How magical.

Recipe for a zen time - a glass of cabernet, a cloudy sky and a misty breeze.

"Mine?"
    "First of all, we're not sea gulls. Secondly, it's cold. Knock yourself out."
    "Sorry, Fred."

Work continues unimpeded on Midway Mania.

Easy come, easy go.

Now you've just got to have one, don't you? Me too.

People-watching with a double-shot of espresso.

Blithe hijinks. I don't know who she is but that's my favorite Alice.

I'd never seen the line this short, so I got on Peter Pan.

While I was in the queue it started to rain.

And what do you know? Once I exited the ride, the sun was shining. Which just goes to show you: in SoCal, even when it's already raining, there's only a 50/50 chance it's raining.

This is what they call a "wet down" in the movie biz. It means dumping a layer of water on the ground to make everything prettier. Next time a car-commercial comes on the telly, pay attention to the ground.

Look! Golden sunshine at last! Come out, everyone, it's okay!

My umbrella and I took a ride on the Submarines.

Empty canals in Small World.

This little girl was losing her mind with excitement over the Power House. She just couldn't get enough of that sound.

Is me. Heraldry shop.

The inviting warmth of the Mercantile Shop. Even if the merchandise is all gentrified and boring. They used to sell things like bowler hats.

If you're one of those people who has a conniption over people snapping cameraphone pics of their ride photos or of themselves posing with a hat - this one's for you.

In case no one has yet posted a picture of these new balcony initials, here you go.

At this point my camera ran out of juice, and I didn't get any pictures of the lovely lights on Main Street reflected in the street puddles.

Oh well. I'll be looking back at these pictures whenever I need a slight pick-me-up. I hope they've been of some enjoyment to you as well.

See you at the park.
    Last edited by Zoe Necrosis; 01-25-2008 at 04:50 PM.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Re: Gorgeous weather for an afternoon at the park - 1/24/08 - Moist pictures

Oh dear. The links pretty much were obliderated.

• potterday.org

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Oh dear. The links pretty much were obliderated.
    I FIXED IT!!
    Zoe Necrosis

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Excellent photos!!!

• Hiding in the shadows

Wonderful shots, I am amazed how many breaks in the clouds tehre were yesterday, it poured all day up here in Santa Clarita.

A little piece of heaven

• Still lost in Neverland

Really, Really nice!!! I do love the Park in light rain. Not heavy, pouring rain. But those pictures really show the beauty of the Park. Thanks for sharing.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• =)

While I'm definitely not a fan of being in the rain, I do love the look of interesting, pretty, ever-changing clouds above the resort. Much more interesting than a blue sky! Winter trips can be nicer in that regard.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Zoe - Thanks for those great shots! We probably passed each other five or six times yesterday as some of my shots look eerily similar. I love the expressions on the Hatter and Alice. I thought yesterday was STUNNING in both parks. Not sure if you saw the rainbow pop out around 4:00 or so after the last shower.

I also love that first shot of the stormy skies over DL...and that shot with the wine glass is brilliant.

Well done!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I wish I lived so close to be able to visit on a rainy afternoon but thanks to your work and effort I can live vicarously through your pictures. Great job and thanks for sharing.

• The line's too long...

Awesome! You got a shot of my son and I walking into Toontown with the Matterhorn in the background.
    It was a nice day to be in the park with next to no lines for anything.

• potterday.org

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Awesome! You got a shot of my son and I walking into Toontown with the Matterhorn in the background.
    ... that's weird.
    Zoe Necrosis

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    ... that's weird.
    What's weirder is that I didn't even notice you taking the picture.... you must have been invisible as I don't remember anyone being around.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Fantastic pictures!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• long time lurker

Thanks for the nice pics...the rain looks heavenly. I have 3 inches of snow and this cheered me up.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

My daughter and I almost went to the park yesterday. Now I wish we had. Great photos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast