Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• DLR

Fireworks last night

Before I start, I didn't find anything about the Fireworks for Last night.

So, near the end, they went on the loudspeaker and announced the Fireworks were canceled. Thing is, everything was going fine and there wasn't any wind, rain, problems with music/fireworks, clouds, etc. They gave a long speech about it, but I couldn't understand what they were saying since I was about to aboard Autopia.

And, does this have anything to do with the Matterhorn keep closing down and every single cast member + technicians evacuating everyone and getting a flash light and searching every inch of the Matterhorn and moving the bobsleds manually without any auto-help?

Also, I had another question is mind, is Monorail Purple the only YOMD monorail?

Re: Fireworks last night

I was sitting in front of the castle an all was going fine. There was no prior announcement about a possible cancellation. They did release 2 balloons but they went straight up. I also felt no winds. But at the beginning of the show the castle started its show about 20 secs before the music. But it got back on track. An the Matterhorn did it's pirates part of the show. But then around the Star wars part the fireworks stopped and then the music faded. Then the "high winds" speech came on. Oh well, but I dont think it was the Matterhorn. Just some technical malfunctions.

• Fireworks Finatic!

I was also there for the fireworks last night. If you noticed, as the show went on, the smoke was increasingly drifting over the park, heading towards New Orleans Square, at least that general direction. That makes the person in charge of the show nervous, most likely. As with the smoke there can be some fall-out also. I have observed this in the past, but the show was not canceled. It must be a very fine line as to when the show will get canceled. I've watched it before with almost the same conditions, and the show went on normally. Last night didn't make sense, really, because the show was almost over! I don't see why they can't just continue with only the fireworks from behind Toontown. That's better than just stopping the entire show like that....

It was drifting but it usually always does. An like u said, it just didnt make sense at all.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Maybe it has to do with who is calling the shots on certain nights?

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Maybe it has to do with who is calling the shots on certain nights?
    the person that night must have been a "noob" as they say. I have to stop listening to my friends that play WOW

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

It's been my understanding that the Anaheim Fire Department monitors the conditions through the entire show and can order it to be stopped at any time if they feel there is a danger because of winds aloft, or any other reason I would suppose.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

I was there, though I wasn't there for the whole show. But I did notice the show had stopped by the time I got to the structure. The smoke was coming over NOS, backstage around the tram route, but it wasn't that thick. I had noticed that Matterhorn was down and had evac lights on, but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

Well I can say, 2 years ago i was at the resort by myself, and it was when Remember was playing for christmas, and right before the show i watched the balloons go WAAaaaaaaaayyyyyy up there, and they went straight up.

I looked around me and it was basicly me and about 30 other people sitting infront of the castle, so I look down main street and NO one was sitting there, then an announcement came on saying "high winds". I determined its because there was a small crowd and really didnt want to waste 129,000 on about maybe 500 people watching in the park, you know?

• The Tomorrowland One

Matterhorn goes down half the time the show happens any ways. Stupid people in the station gawking at the show instead of paying attention like they should.

And just because every thing in fine and dandy on stage doesnt mean that it is that way backstage. Maybe something went bad in the big launch area. But its all going to be a SWAG (Scientific Wild *** Guess) from here.

OH
    forgot to mention

Once i was watching the show form the Parkinglot, and during Star tours segment, a BIG shell went off on the ground! and after that, no more fireworks shot off.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy115 View Post
    Well I can say, 2 years ago i was at the resort by myself, and it was when Remember was playing for christmas, and right before the show i watched the balloons go WAAaaaaaaaayyyyyy up there, and they went straight up.

I looked around me and it was basicly me and about 30 other people sitting infront of the castle, so I look down main street and NO one was sitting there, then an announcement came on saying "high winds". I determined its because there was a small crowd and really didnt want to waste 129,000 on about maybe 500 people watching in the park, you know?

Well they would have already wasted the money because once they are loaded and not used, they have to remove them, and dispose of them.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by CPTNMatt View Post
    Also, I had another question is mind, is Monorail Purple the only YOMD monorail?
    And to answer you other question... Purple is the only Monorail currently open to guests. We do have Monorail Red (Mrk. VII) backstage and it does come out at night for testing, but it wont open for a few more week at least. So, yes, it is the only YOMD Monorail left at the DLR.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I was there too.

I've had it be canceled in the middle of it or just not go a good percentage of the time I visit. Honestly, if the show has conditions that are that sensitive, perhaps they should re-evaluate what they're doing so that we can have a show that's reliable to run smoothly.

• Banned User

If your talking about Friday night, I was there Friday, and when it started raining, I asumed that the wind and rain were there to stay, and I left, later that night when the wind was calm, I regreted it. After reading this thread, about the show being stopped, I'm glad I left afterall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast