Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Haunted Mansion Plussed!

Per request:

The Haunted Mansion reopened this weekend with some really nice updates- I had the chance to ride it last night and this morning. They're nothing drastic, but they're enhancements to existing scenes. I didn't get pictures on the ride itself, because I don't have a DSLR to get dark pictures in motion, but I did snap a picture of the new exit ramp. Just a few things I noticed:

-In the stretching room, the hanging corpse's face is much more detailed. This may be because of a new scrim, better lighting, or even a new head. Either way, when you look up, you can now notice a lot more detail.

-The ramps in the load/unload areas have been detailed with a nice laced-pattern. See below:

-Lighting throughout the ride has been enhanced. The shadow piano player in the attic now has a purple light below the white light, the singing busts in the graveyard have more shadows around them (So they don't look washed out), and the hitchhiking ghosts in the final mirror scene are much more vivid. In the seance room, they added a purple light to Leota... it actually lights up the room more, letting you see the ceiling better - you be the judge.

-The audio in my doombuggy both times was much louder than before - this may be to stop people from talking or being obnoxious

-Constance the bride looks much different. When she debuted a couple years ago, her face was really flat, too sharp, and she looked like she had no neck. They covered her up a lot more, and she no longer has the "weird" look - I mean, it's still weird, but not the bad kind. If you've seen her, you know what I mean. It was a good change.

-The singing fat woman in the graveyard was gone last night - probably still in rehab

-The top of the mansion facade is still being repainted, but the ride is open in progress

That's all I noticed so far - if you guys noticed any other changes, I encourage you to post them in this thread.

• Lowering Expectations

Re: Haunted Mansion Plussed!

It was reported in "The Thread 2" that the heartbeat sounds have returned to the attic.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Awesome.
    Paid Disneyland Poster

• =)

I'm looking forward to seeing this around the beginning of March! I'm particularly curious to see the new seance circle lighting and the changes to Constance. I'm wondering about the hanging Ghost Ghost corpse, too, since up-close photos of the figure show quite a bit of detail (try Surrell's book), so perhaps it's just a better scrim or something.

• Fancy that...

yay! I like the ramp floor details. very nice.

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by dl1955pounds View Post
    -Constance the bride looks much different. When she debuted a couple years ago, her face was really flat, too sharp, and she looked like she had no neck. They covered her up a lot more, and she no longer has the "weird" look - I mean, it's still weird, but not the bad kind. If you've seen her, you know what I mean. It was a good change.
    I wonder if they finally updated her to the 2.0 version that FL received? The FL Constance looked a lot better than ours, and she actually had "color" in her projection instead of all blue (she wore a gold necklace that really stood out). She also kinda half turned her head towards the doom buggy as she talked to it. It was definitely much improved over the original in DL.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Wonder if the project with moving versions of the Hitch hiking ghosts
    was worked on.

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    It was reported in "The Thread 2" that the heartbeat sounds have returned to the attic.
    I have video of the Mansion from 2006 with the heartbeat sounds in the attic....
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I are curious to know if the stretching room has the same sort of audio that Florida's Haunted Mansion now has--where the voice of your Ghost Host sounds as though he's floating around the room before you're allowed to 'escape' down the long corridors to your doom buggies???

I've been confused by people comparing the "floating around the room" to Florida's refurbed Mansion in the past few months. For years, DL's mansion has had the Frees on separate speakers in the stretching room - like, for every line of script, it's a different speaker. Did Florida do something different, like more of a fading effect?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I've been confused by people comparing the "floating around the room" to Florida's refurbed Mansion in the past few months. For years, DL's mansion has had the Frees on separate speakers in the stretching room - like, for every line of script, it's a different speaker. Did Florida do something different, like more of a fading effect?
    Exactly. The way it is in FL now, it sounds like the Ghost Host is floating around the room behind you.

• Inhospitable about happy

Florida has a completely new sound system in its stretchrooms. Here's a side by side comparison, with DL from last Fall on the left, Orlando's new set up on the right. The ring of speakers (plus new woofers down lower) allow them to pinpoint the sound eerily anywhere in the room, far beyond the simpler system still there at DL. DL will probably get the same system eventually.

• Yo!

^ Wow! I didn't realize that's how they were setup. Thanks for the info!
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

I for one cant wait for that update...sans the stretching/creaking wood noises. With that ring-o-speakers hidden within the woodwork and such, it makes the room look a little more elaborate/detailed

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Inhospitable about happy

I'm looking to 2009 for the more elaborate Florida upgrades to come to DL. Maybe they'll add the Escher-like staircases to the load area? For sure they'll duplicate the stretchroom improvements, anyway. By holding off for now, they give Florida a full year to be the guinea pig and work out the bugs and glitches with the new stuff, and they can unveil the new stuff to celebrate the HM's 40th anniversary in 2009.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast