The Future....oooooooo :waves arms around:

Mark VII Monorail - Latest news

From the Disneyland Resort Line

"If you knew this was your last day on Earth, how would you wanna spend it?" Grey's Anatomy- Dr. Grey
    Guest asked me where she could find the missing Mickey.

Kicked some serious beaver butt!

Re: Mark VII Monorail - Latest news

Late February....*snicker*

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

• Nuts about Disneyland

Wink Re: Mark VII Monorail - Latest news

Quote Originally Posted by kriskitty22 View Post
    Hey, they didn't say what year.

• Goofy

wow nice.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kriskitty22 View Post
    Hey, I have been trying to get the news out that this Spring Break has a good possibility of only a ONE train operation, and to plan your day/trip accordingly.

PLEASE be nice to the Monorail CM's running the Monorail, it wasn't there decision to send off a working Mark V Monorail to Canada for recycling prior to verifying the new Mark VII Monorail worked...

Expect long lines and restrictions such as One Way Trips only and/or limited to Disney owned Hotel Guests only. Plus the fact that the current Monorail (Mark V Monorail Purple) breaks down, the attraction closes down until it is repaired.

Hopefully everyone (aka Disney and the Mark VII Monorail builder, Burke Composite Design) come to an agreement as to who is at fault, who is expected to pay for the fixes, and what type of fixes are needed (adjust the tracks and/or adjust the trains). There are a lot of issues, and more than likely, lawsuits in the future due to the problems...

But I hope that the priority is getting Mark VII Monorail Red up and running, along with the other two new Mark VII's....

Alas, only time will tell, and more than likely, the final decisions will not be made quickly...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

I asked the monorail operator on Friday, he said that they are having trouble taking the turns, the monorail is not wide enough. Disney is hoping for a spring break debut. But he said most likely it'll debut in the summer

• Hopping DLR for 40 Years

What everyone must understand is the way Disney parks and Imagineering work - making the schedule and meeting the budget are the only things that matter to Disney managers.

So what if the clearances are wrong? So what if the park is down to one limping Mark V? What is important to whoever managed this debacle is how this "met schedule, met budget" entry looks on his resume.

The current problems will be based on anyone within shouting range, somebody totally out of the loop will be fired, slap-dash fixes will be made, and off we go.

There are senior VP's at WDI who literally have a schedule programmer travel with them to every meeting with a laptop - the Schedule as God.

Sad, but 'tis the Corporate way.

Regards; KotF

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Frogs View Post
    What everyone must understand is the way Disney parks and Imagineering work - making the schedule and meeting the budget are the only things that matter to Disney managers.

So what if the clearances are wrong? So what if the park is down to one limping Mark V? What is important to whoever managed this debacle is how this "met schedule, met budget" entry looks on his resume.

The current problems will be based on anyone within shouting range, somebody totally out of the loop will be fired, slap-dash fixes will be made, and off we go.

There are senior VP's at WDI who literally have a schedule programmer travel with them to every meeting with a laptop - the Schedule as God.

Sad, but 'tis the Corporate way.

Regards; KotF
    It has been widely reported that in order to make opening day as scheduled that Walt himself had to choose between toilets and drinking fountains. Bashing excs for having a master schedule is naive. Scheduling a large corporation is complex and cannot be done from memory. The problem with the monorail appears to have more to do with mistakes by engineers than it does with the schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

The Future....oooooooo :waves arms around:

As a CM of Tomorrowland and as far as I know the Mark VII Monorail Red plans to debut in time for Spring break season. There has been no offical word of delays or problems, then again I could be wrong. When working a closing shift I sometime see them doing test runs.

The information I posted was direct from a CM news source called The Disneyland Resort Line, it is a news letter published twice a month giving all CMs inside info on what is going on in the park as well as other CM related information.

So again, as far as I know all information in my first post is correct and the new monorails will debut as stated.
    "If you knew this was your last day on Earth, how would you wanna spend it?" Grey's Anatomy- Dr. Grey
    Guest asked me where she could find the missing Mickey.

Kicked some serious beaver butt!

• Hopping DLR for 40 Years

Mousechild - I believe you missed my point.

Engineering management has inculcated an environment wherein it is inconsequential if the project engineering and/or manufacturing achieves the stated results.

In other words - nobody in engineering or Imagineering truly expects that anything will work when it is "completed." It is adequate to satisfy the managers that the schedule was met, and that something was delivered.

Typically, rather than devote an extra week or two to the design and construction at the tail end, the mantra is to deliver, deliver, deliver. They can patch it together later, under a different budget, and after everyone is looking elsewhere.

In the case of the Mark VII, this philosophy caught up with them - they may well end up with no working monorail trains.

Regards; KotF

As a Monorail Pilot, you don't have to worry about me giving my fellow pilots a hard time for one train op. lol

Also, as a pilot who speaks with the shop guys frequently...new Red debuting before Spring Break would be a miracle. Just working in Tomorrowland is not going to provide you with info that pilots get from actually working the Monorail. :o)

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!