Thread: Dream Paths

Dream Paths

Last year, Disney announced in its annual report that Parks & Resorts has developed "Dream Paths" as a new initiative that supposedly would enhance the appeal of Disneyland and the other parks.

Dream Paths -- Young dreamers will be able to take part in a series of Dream Paths at both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. The young, and the young at heart, can immerse themselves in the wild worlds of pirates, or help make their personal fairy tales come to life in Peter Pan's Never Land, Aladdin's Agrabah or the Royal Court of a Disney princess. A special Little Dreamers/Big Dreams path offers adventure and discovery for kids age 5 and under.
    Even after their debut more than a year ago, "Dream Paths" have been conspicuously absent from any discussion on MiceChat.

Fairy Tale Fantasy:
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...asyLandingPage

The Call of Adventure:
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ureLandingPage

Little Dreamers, Big Dreams:
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ersLandingPage

Does anyone actually know of a guest who used these "Dream Paths" itineraries and found them helpful or persuasive?

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: Dream Paths

Weird, I actually never realized they had these. Seems a bit weird honestly, with shopping included on the path and everything. I am surprised they didnt tell them which souveniers to buy.

I think there are so many better options out there for touring plans, especially wteh this one seems to be spending money specific with shops and food.

A little piece of heaven

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Everyone remembers the buttons, but no one remembers the paths. Originally, we had the pirates, princess, and Mickey buttons in City Hall to go along with the dream paths maps. If you came in and said "what rides would my 9 year old girl like?" we'd get you the princess path and the princess button to go with it.

Then people started hoarding buttons. Everyone in the parks wanted a pirate button or a princess button (poor Mickey). We ran out almost immediately and were giving out twice as many of those buttons as first times or birthdays - and most of the first timers or birthdays would then say "ooh, can I be a pirate, too!!!?"

In the meantime - we'd always say "we've got these great maps to go with the buttons so you can see what rides we recommend for a princess or an adventurer!" and they'd look at us like we were some guy handing out band flyers on Hollywood & Vine. We couldn't pay people to take those things.

Thus, the dream paths faded quietly into oblivion, and took their buttons along with them, leaving us one year later in City Hall still saying "I'm sorry, the pirates buttons were only for a limited time. Would you like to be an honorary citizen?"
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    Everyone remembers the buttons, but no one remembers the paths. Originally, we had the pirates, princess, and Mickey buttons in City Hall to go along with the dream paths maps. If you came in and said "what rides would my 9 year old girl like?" we'd get you the princess path and the princess button to go with it.

Then people started hoarding buttons. Everyone in the parks wanted a pirate button or a princess button (poor Mickey). We ran out almost immediately and were giving out twice as many of those buttons as first times or birthdays - and most of the first timers or birthdays would then say "ooh, can I be a pirate, too!!!?"

In the meantime - we'd always say "we've got these great maps to go with the buttons so you can see what rides we recommend for a princess or an adventurer!" and they'd look at us like we were some guy handing out band flyers on Hollywood & Vine. We couldn't pay people to take those things.

Thus, the dream paths faded quietly into oblivion, and took their buttons along with them, leaving us one year later in City Hall still saying "I'm sorry, the pirates buttons were only for a limited time. Would you like to be an honorary citizen?"
    What a story... people get really excited about free stuff, even if it's just a silly button.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Knight that says Nee!!

We realy didn't get involved with the Dream Paths too much as a family. Maybe if it was executed better it would have been something worth while. IMO I know my children well enough to know what rides they like and don't like and I don't need Disney to give me a map to help with it

The Dream Paths seem really odd to me, too. The 2008 brochure for Disneyland devotes a full page to the itineraries, though. And, the Web-site is still trying to divide the resort in these strange ways. But, I just don't get it, myself.

I don't know of anyone who would make use of these itineraries.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I laughed when i saw under the "Adventure" path that High School Musical 2 attraction/parade/what ever it is, is on the list. Wow.

I agree, the itineraries are bizaar and really seem to be some strange attempt at controlling what guests do in the park. Weird.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    I laughed when i saw under the "Adventure" path that High School Musical 2 attraction/parade/what ever it is, is on the list. Wow.

I agree, the itineraries are bizaar and really seem to be some strange attempt at controlling what guests do in the park. Weird.
    I'm more a fan of "Voyage en sous-marin pour trouver Nemo". And all this time I thought Nemo was from Australia. They sure had me fooled.